Thread: Went out for lunch yesterday and darn thing is........

Went out for lunch yesterday and darn thing is........

Seems odd but I don't think I was tagged/clocked. I did go to a very nice restaurant for lunch in the downtown area in Savannah, Ga. and the staff/patrons may have just seen it all. However, I am sensitive to being tagged even in a respectful way. Usually, you can tell when looking someone in the eye. "You just see the light come on", and you know they know, so to speak, but no one from management to wait staff to barmaid to the hostess in any way showed any signs, that I could pick up, or gave me any indication of tagging me as CD/TG. Not complaining here. But I've been going out for well over 15 years and apart from just walking in a crowd I've never felt I completely blended in. And that never bothered me as long as people were respectful or indifferent. (which is the usual case) Again the downtown area of Savanah is fairly progressive, so it could be, that I didn't shock or present anything unusual. Either way, I had a fun time and felt I belonged and that's a wonderful thing.
    Love you all
    Melani

Based on your avatar I would guess no one would be shocked to see you dressed at any venue. Glad you had a nice lunch.
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 03-24-2024 at 01:36 AM.

I agree with you about walking in a crowd and not feeling completely "blended in". I'm sure there are those that notice but so long as they are respectful in their interactions I don't really mind.
    In this vein I just posted about being stopped by the police Thursday night.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've resigned myself to not caring whether people know or not I focus on how they treat me. if I get treated nicely and with respect that's what matters. sometimes I kinda like the special extra care we get when they know.

All the pictures I see no one should ever tag you (ever).

Banned Read only
    Based on your avatar I suspect you easily pass as a woman. I am six foot without heels. Just my bulk would attract attention and perhaps further scrutiny. I'd trade in my height to be five foot six. I look around and see women of all ages and body types. Dress nicely, act nicely and have a nice day. You look terrific.

I too have been out and about in Savannah, Melani.
    It was a long time ago when I met up with a former forum member who is no longer with us.
    I know for sure that I was "clocked", but I just didn't care.
    We walked all around Bay St. and River St.
    We had lunch at the Pirate's Cove, then took the trolly back to the Hilton.
    I drove out to Tybee Island and meet up with my wife's cousin for a few minutes.
    It is just in how you carry yourself and just look back at those who are looking.
    You are for sure not going to attract the attention I did.
    Just enjoy yourself.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I absolutely agree with what Genifer & Davida said. I always try to represent our community in the best possible light.
    Recently, on my last trip to Tulsa, I was downtown, having dinner by myself. When finished, I used the ladies room, and on the way out, stopped to admire the artwork & photographs in the hallway. Two gg's also having dinner came over, complimented my on how I looked, and took me out on the patio for a drink. They commented on how at ease & confident I was. Set me up for the rest of the night.

Emily

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    At least 99% of us get made, Melani. I find going out and being the center of attention every where I go at vanilla venues unnecessarily stressful.

So, I just don't do it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Melani, I am glad you had a delightful and unstressfull afternoon. My experience has been that if I am by myself or with non trans women that I usually don't draw attention and at least make others question what they think they see. Enjoy the experience and look forward to the next time.
    " I have to tell you, sweetheart, my breasts are as smooth and beautiful as the day that I bought them " Lola from Kinky Boots

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Doc:
    What's the most number of us that get clocked? I can only dream to be in the top 1% of "wig owners" lol

I go out as a man in a skirt or dress. I never present female. Everyone who looks at me knows everything immediately. It's not so bad. I've gotten over being the oddball, and now I think that I interact with people when dressed pretty almost the same as I do when dressed in menswear.

Now, with that said, I met a homosexual family member for lunch the other day. I decided to wear a skirt. She did not know that I am a crossdresser. By the end of the meal, she did not mention my outfit. Well, she did say when I walked in and she stood up to hug me that I was wearing a short hemline and she was needing a jacket. But that was inconclusive... I decided that I had better set up some guardrails so that she didn't mention my clothing choices to other family members. I said, "Did you notice my outfit?" She said no. SO go figure. Maybe people in public don't always noticed what I am wearing. If a guy in a skirt can be mistaken for a guy in shorts, then maybe you can pass as a woman more than you expect!

Happy Easter!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/