Thread: are you able to do anything for trans day of visibility....

are you able to do anything for trans day of visibility....

i know its hard to compete with a holiday but can you do anything to keep us in thoughts today....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    For me today is no different than any other day when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community. I read it over at www.femulate.org. Everyday is a day to celebrate diversity and acceptance. One has to be truly supportive 24/7 365 days a year and this year an extra day.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 04-01-2024 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Please keep anything political out of any comments.

I certainly will spend some time praying for the many people murdered for being trans and those who have experienced abuse because they are gender variant.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I celebrated Easter. While the concept is good it got off to a rocky start. Hoping next year goes better for the day of remembrance.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I agree Genifer. Very, very nice thought Bridget.

Maybe it should be changed to avoid falling on Easter Sunday. Something like last Wednesday in March.

Emily

thanks for taking time to reply....for me i try to highlight viability each time i venture into the wild, i volunteer with a thrift store with a vanilla community....many customers are pleasant with me and many give that awkward stare....even the fellow who runs the place doesn't get us and tries to explain how how i identify ??? i take comfort that after seeing me folks that question will have some type of conversation at the dinner table and hopefully they will become more normal with less of the toxicity that has been going on more frequently about folks like us causing the hostility to subside....need to refill my coffee....
    ....Mykell

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, I'm not sure this counts? But, I spent 4 hours dressing up for a new Sherry picto story I filmed yesterday.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I did nothing, not even dress up. Too bad.

so im not really looking for actvisim....way too much around these days....just something simple, i was with the family sunday....per the mrs. comfort, they dont know, even though i think they do.

like doc....if vanilla folks see your shoot results that counts, i feel, if vanilla's help with the shoot, yup. theirs bound to be a conversation about it

i remember working with a crew i usually don't work with in south jersey....it was the end of the week and a fellow i had been working with asked if i would be back the next week....i replied i don't think so, they went on to say they hope they dont send that thing....i was curious "thing", yea its one of those people that think they are female, huh i replied, i have one of those "things" in my family, oh you know what i mean, yes i do exactly....i relished the discomfort he displayed by the bigoted comment about a member of my family, the member of coarse was myself but i did not need to reveal which member of my family he insulted....cherish that moment to this day.....simple but effective to bring a conversation to the table....
    Last edited by mykell; 04-01-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    ....Mykell

I went with my GG friend Michelle to sunrise Catholic services at an outdoor amphitheater, wearing a very cute rose colored dress that she gave me (she's Catholic, I'm not). After that we went to breakfast, took some pictures, then changed and went for a walk with her dog.

We had a nice day.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I'll agree with Bea, on twitter it was all political blow back about one holiday replacing the other.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

i had posted but accidentally deleted my post trying to edit on my phone but, since my post was referenced, I wanted to repost.

I don't think that it was favorable for the community for the "day of visibility" to be declared to coincide with this particular holiday. The reaction in my corner of the world seemed to show that it would definitely not encourage acceptance. It seemed like a totally divisive rather than unifying decision.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

I totally agree with Bea's comment above.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Not trans and didn't know anything about it until reading this thread.
    During my googling of the subject I watched and thoroughly enjoyed Kaitlyn Jenner's response to the proclamation.

My pantyhose were not visible to others under my pants. I dont dress visibly because my wife does not like that I wear women?s clothes. Happy for those who can be themselves and dress as they want every day. I am gender fluid and feel I am part of the trans community.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea_ View Post
    i had posted but accidentally deleted my post trying to edit on my phone but, since my post was referenced, I wanted to repost.

I don't think that it was favorable for the community for the "day of visibility" to be declared to coincide with this particular holiday. The reaction in my corner of the world seemed to show that it would definitely not encourage acceptance. It seemed like a totally divisive rather than unifying decision.
    It's been March 31st for 15 years. It's Easter that changes dates.

The people who make a fuss about this aren't our allies in any way, shape or form. If it wasn't this, they would find something equally silly to fuss about. In fact, their moaning about it probably increased the publicity for it.

Haters are going to hate. Ignore them, or more importantly, vote them out.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 04-04-2024 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Well I missed that
    Not sure if I would have done anything