Thread: Another Dr Appointment story

Another Dr Appointment story

My wife and I had joint cardiologist appointments yesterday. I went in drab mode but wore a bra since the most I imagined happening was that he'd listen to my heartbeat. Oops!

We are called back by the nurse who will collect our history and vitals and she immediately tells me that I'm due for an EKG. She starts with my wife's vitals and then mine. As soon as she finished taking my blood pressure cuff off, she tells me that I can lift my shirt. I excuse myself to go to the restroom and I remove the bra and stuff it into my jeans pocket and head back to the room.

I then lift my shirt and my wife's eyes go huge because obviously the bra had left very obvious marks across my chest. She shoots her eyes over at mine and then back to my chest and seems to cringe. The nurse was totally professional, although there was probably a bit of chatter about it in the office after we left. She finished with the EKG and took us to a room to wait for the doctor. Nothing was said. We finished with the doctor with all good news and left. I stopped by the restroom on the way out and quickly put the bra back in place before driving home.

On the way home it was random conversation for a few minutes before she finally told me that she was shocked when she saw the marks. There was no sense of judgment from the tone of her voice and we discussed it for a minute or two before moving to bigger and better things.

I felt sort of lame for not anticipating the EKG and a slight bit of embarrassment, but I really felt no shame for wearing the bra. That's a huge development for me. The fact that my wife's reaction was ultimately very mild compared to what it would have been in the past is a HUGE development for us.
    Last edited by Bea_; 04-05-2024 at 08:21 AM.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can just imagine the conversation among that medical community at lunch break:

Guy 1: "Some poor man began having an anxiety attack rite on the examination table. We had to defribilate him."

Woman 1: "They wheeled a middle age man into emergency with his family of maybe a dozen trailing him. But, sadly we couldn't save him."

Woman 2: "Oh yeah, well listen to this. I was doing an EKG and the guy had strap marks like maybe he'd been wearing a bra?"
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-05-2024 at 07:35 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Bea, I know I would have cringed had it been me but with your wife taking it so well that is definitely a win.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I can just imagine the conversation among that medical community at lunch break:
    Woman 2: "Oh yeah, well listen to this. I was doing an EKG and the guy had strap marks like maybe he'd been wearing a bra?"

It looked like a slow news day in the office. I'm guessing front page headlines...
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

It was several years ago that I was scheduled for an elbow surgery. I was to go to my regular Doc for the pre-op. I was home alone that morning before the appointment and got dressed, bra, forms, etc. I waited to the last minute to change and head to the DR. office. I got in right away and then I learned I had to get an EKG. Yikes, I new the bra marks were there but took my shirt off and had the test. The Dr and the nurse I am sure noticed the marks. What had me worried was that my wife worked for the Dr. as the office manager!
    Nothing was ever said so I can only believe the DR and Nurse were professional. But, I was worried for a while that the wife might have found out.
    Molly

The medical staff should be protecting your privacy under HIPAA but you never know what?s discussed in the coffee room. 😊

I have been wearing a t shirt to bed last few days due to the marks on my breasts. No need to rile up the Indians.

I'm carrying bra strap grooves!

I love to wear my straps really tight, so they don't slip and I get the maximum lift.

Once grooved, any new bra straps slip slip comfortably into the existing grooves.

I also often display other marks on my breasts, which I can't discuss here.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    The last time I visited my doctor the nurse tried to Check my pulse with that automatic thing. You put on the finger and my nails were too long for it to fit. Then I showed her that if you push it in the hinge is often spring-loaded and it separates enough for the nail to fit through. She was so impressed. She immediately ran to tell everyone else in the office and as I. Paid on the way out. She made sure to give me credit I. Remember figuring that out during COVID. I came across it by accident.

My new chiropractor is female with a full female staff. Being I've never had to in my life disrobe for any chiropractor I felt secure enough to wear panties under my shorts. My first appointment I was asked to disrobe to my underwear and put on a gown for xrays and a muscle tension test. Did as instructed, the tech I'm sure noticed through the open gown in the back. Nothing was mentioned. My followup appointments I continued wearing panties. The techs always lowered my waistband to put on the tens unit. Ok, no problem. They must always notice. Then a day arrived and I was told I was receiving massage therapy. I was asked to undress and get under the covers. The therapist left the room as I undressed. Not thinking I placed my panties atop of my other clothes on the chair. In full view. Turquoise with floral print. Afterwards I dressed as norm. My following appointment I was placed in a separate room where the doctor wanted to speak to me. She wanted to clarify with me that she and her staff were not being targeted for anything because of my choice in underwear. I assured her that everything was ok. It was strictly my preference in clothes and she could verify it with my wife who was in the waiting area. She said it wasn't necessary. My continued appointments went smoothly.
    Another story I'll post later wasn't as positive with a doctor

DR?s have like 15 minutes for the entire visit. That includes the paperwork. Reports of visit, test needed. Next visit. They don?t want to start a long conversation about you wearing panties . But want to make you better health wise. What can he asked ? Why are you wearing panties? Are you crossdressing . How does any of this actually help you. He there to help with your health abd the medical problems you are having .

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy44 View Post
    The medical staff should be protecting your privacy under HIPAA but you never know what's discussed in the coffee room. ��
    Yeah, "should" is the operative word there.

Many of my doctors have either know about Steffi or have seen pics of Steffi.

There's even a couple who have encouraged Steffi because it is healthy to have friends and hobbies as we age.

However, I'm not afraid to remind doctors of their HIPPA requirements, since my wife and I do share some doctors who know Steffi. I know that "Steffi" is in some of my doctor's charts in addition to my boy name. My dermotologist also noted that I was wearing toenail polish for my body scan.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Why would your dermatologist note that you were wearing toenail polish? Does it somehow affect the body scanner such that it can?t penetrate the nail polish? I presume that they would also not the toenail polish for a woman having the scan.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 04-24-2024 at 01:51 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before yours. Rules
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

IDK Is there a doctor in the house?

The body scan is visual, not much different than looking at your moles under a magnifying glass.

But, she did give me a copy of the report with notations about the locations of benign moles, along with the notation, "wearing toenail polish".

Needless to say, I tossed it out so my wife wouldn't see the notation.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-23-2024 at 09:50 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

t maybe was noted as nail condition can be an indication of a problem.

It may be as simple as what ronnie white said earlier.

I used to work in a doctor's office. Nails were observed for discoloration (such as a blue tint) which is sometimes a sign of blood not carrying enough oxygen to the fingertips and possible causes. It's not always that you have "painted" nails but they were unable to observe your natural nail color.

For that reason, I always make sure I remove polish before a doctor visit.

Good points, Char.

I just hate paying for a pedi and then have to take off the nail polish.

I'll have to be more careful scheduling my nail salon and doctor's appointments.

I used to work in a Dr's office and performed EKGs as well. Belive me we've seen it all and nothing phases us.

I've posted about it before, but at my last appointment, my dermatologist did the scan with me in sort of unisex panties covered by a disposable gown. My wife and I typically do joint dermatologist appointments so were both in the same state. But, during this appointment I had subtle, but very pink, toenails. The pink was subtle enough that it didn't stand out until the Dr got to my feet and in obvious surprise said "Oh, nice polish!". I have no idea if it went in my chart or not and wasn't concerned.

My wife gave me a quick look of horror that I'd forgotten to removed the polish. She was even more shocked when we got to the car, and during the conversation, was told that I hadn't forgotten but saw no reason to remove it. She took it in stride and moved one step closer to the acceptance I seem to enjoy these days.

it seems like some took my original post to be that I was overly concerned at the opinion of the young nurse or for the potential for office gossip. I wouldn't have chosen the scenario intentionally, but it turned out to be just a part of the adventure. I was actually pleased that my wife's reaction and the aftermath was subdued compared to the past and would not have that proof of her acceptance without this particular adventure...

I've been complemented on my toenails every time I've gone for a full body scan with painted toes. And mine was either red or bright pink. Go big or go home.

I didn't remove my nail polish intentionally. I had just paid good money for a pedi, I knew that I was protected by HIPPA, and I just didn't care. In fact, it was exciting that they complemented me. I'd much rather that than thinking that they didn't even notice.

You are right steffi, it is nice to be complimented on your nails. I usually wear Hoochie Mama Red so they are very noticeable.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I'd much rather that than thinking that they didn't even notice.
    That was exactly my reaction when the doctor said something nice about them. I'd have been disappointed if she'd have just tried to ignore them.