Thread: Told a friend.. finally

Told a friend.. finally

After 40 odd years, told someone I am a crossdresser. She (a GG) was very understanding and complimentary. We've been trading notes of female clothes sizes and planning a shopping trip when I visit her.

Thanks to all you on this forum, you made a lonely existence bearable.

I presume telling the first person is the hardest, so am planning to tell another person soon.

Abby

It is great to have friend to share things with. Sounds like you picked a good person and I hope your planned shopping trip goes well. You do not need to rush to tell more people unless these people are close friends or relatives.

Platinum Member
    That is a great start. Please let us know how that planned shopping trip goes. Am I correct in assuming that you are going to present as a woman when you visit her?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So true Abby.
    The first time those words leave your mouth is terrifying, but it does get easier.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Incredibly brave. I will be anxious to hear how things progress. I am sure it will be a liberating experience for you. Well done.

That is wonderful Abby, good for you

Hi Abbylhr
    Congratulations, you're lucky. I'm planning to change countries for this.
    If I can, I will move to California.

That?s awesome! Congratulations!🎉🎊
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Isn't it brilliant when you do that and the person approves. Over the last few years I have told five people and all went really well. I am now being cautious that I don't start thinking the next will be as easy.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    That is a great start. Please let us know how that planned shopping trip goes. Am I correct in assuming that you are going to present as a woman when you visit her?
    I don't know how I will present, will figure it out later

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    Isn't it brilliant when you do that and the person approves. Over the last few years I have told five people and all went really well. I am now being cautious that I don't start thinking the next will be as easy.
    It is.. my list of people to has 6 people in it... 5 of them women. Most of my real friends are women, guy talk just bores me these days.

Abby, sounds like fun, have a great shopping trip. (I hope you wear out your visa card lol)

Abby, That is wonderful. Enjoy your shopping trip.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

How wonderful, sounds like a true friend to me.

That's incredibly brave Abby. Good for you. Enjoy the shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Miray View Post
    Hi Abbylhr
    Congratulations, you're lucky. I'm planning to change countries for this.
    If I can, I will move to California.
    If you move to California, telling someone you're a cross dresser will likely get a "Ho, hum, what's new?" response.

Two people besides my wife know I CD. I knew one, a step-nephew would be fine with it after he came out as bi to me. The other I told because to not tell her would have required me to lie. I hate lies of all kinds and for any reason. I have no desire to tell others; but, if I were ever asked a question that required me to lie to prevent them from knowing, they will discover the existence of Heather.
    Last edited by Heather76; 04-18-2024 at 12:51 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Cheers for you.... enjoy
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Thank you all..

It's been very lonely in real life, the stresses are constant. I fear getting caught and at the same time won't be unhappy if I am. At least, it will all be out and I get to move on.

I read messages of "wish I had done it sooner", will get there one day,

Love

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u plan on going out in public dressed often it's good to tell folks so u all won't be embarrassed when you're caught out, Abby.

On the other hand, as a secret CD I don't go out to vanilla venues dressed. I only tell people on a need to know basis. Because I'm a CD, not a trans!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well done Abby! It's great that you have made that breakthru and i hope it continues well.
    It certainly does get easier with time: the more people you come-out to and the more times you go out in public the more confident you will feel and it will show.
    Best wishes!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Good for you. It?s wonderful being with someone who?s accepting, understanding and supportive. I know. I married her.

I agree. I was so nervous when I told my friend. Of course he wasnt interested in it.

I had a female friend who, during a conversation about kilts, asked me if I had one. I said yes, plus a couple of skirts. I was sort of disappointed that she wasn't interested in that revelation to ask more. I thought she might have been the one who might have understood me, but alas, that conversation never happened. And now she's gone.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 04-22-2024 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Sory, this subject is not allowed.

That's so lovely to hear, I love a coming out story with a happy ending! (I came out to a friend for the first this weekend too)

Thats brilliant and such a positive outcome.