Thread: Go To Lines

Go To Lines

Hello,
    Wondering what are common go to lines when your called out dressing in public? Do you tell a man who approached you right off the bat? Hoping to venture out soon and want have lines at the ready.
    Thank you!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Reading some other posts. I maybe a little over ambitious. Please let me know if it seems so.

Quote Mae West.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "No, thank u. Nothing personal. I'm just not dating at the moment!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Strange as it may seem, I have never been called out when in public. I can only assume that I scare people sufficiently that they remain silent.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Shelly

It almost seems as if those who have not really ventured out have a misperception of how people will interact with a CD.

I have been out many times, too many to count. No one has ever come up and said OMG you are a man or something else weird. I did hear a woman sitting at a table across from me, tell her hubby that they are not real, referring to my large forms, haha.

As far as having lines, I would not worry about it. Relax and have a good time. My experience is that I am treated much better in female attire than male. So that is a plus. Example: people hold doors, etc. Go out and enjoy.

Sandi

Hi Shelly, and welcome to the forum.

I have been reading over your post a few times, and I am not sure what you are actually asking. Reading the responses so far, I believe people are responding to the question as: "What should I say if someone read me and confronts be about being transgender or a CD?". But when I read the line "Do you tell a man who approached you right off the bat?" I guess your question might be a different one. The meaning of that question depends a lot of what your intentions are. Are you interested in that male company, or not?

If you are, and you are wondering if you should tell him right away that the two of you have something interesting in common ... male anatomy ... or wait for him to find out himself later on? If that is your question then I do not have much advice to offer as I have absolutely no interesting in men and would avoid the situation at all cost. However, I do know that some men would possibly react very violently to that surprise, and if that happens at a time when you are alone with him, you could easily get hurt, or worse.

If on the other hand your question is about what if someone call you out in a public setting, saying for instance "Hey look, that's a dude dressed as a woman!" or something similar, then my advise is to not respond verbally at all! Completely ignore him and keep on walking. If you respond, make eye contact, or in any other way react to the provocation then you are playing right into his game and he will likely escalate the threat.

At this point, you are in significant danger and you must look for a way to get out of the situation.
    Like when facing any other predator, don't run! You cannot outrun the bear, especially not in high heels and a short dress, you are just going to make it more interesting to chase you. With this type of predator however, playing dead really doesn't work, so enough with the bear analogy.
    Look around and make eye contact with other people, who look like they might be sympathetic with your predicament, to let them see that you are scared and might need their help. If possible, walk towards areas with more people, more light, more options. Walk back into the club or restaurant, get close to the bouncer or doorman. Just get away from the threat or close to other people as quickly as possible.

- Suzie
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 04-19-2024 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Just a few changes

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Strange as it may seem, I have never been called out when in public. I can only assume that I scare people sufficiently that they remain silent.
    That's what I always thought.

But I do have a line in reserve. You're not really my type. I'm king of into girls. I figure that it will give him a reprieve when he goes back to the guy table.

But, if he needs a little extra convincing, tell him that he would look very cute if he wore a dress and used a little bit of makeup. We know that crossdressing is not "catchies", but you typical guy might be concerned about that.

My guess is that would leave the guy running from you.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Unless you are trying to start a relationship with the other person. Just say I married, have a good boyfriend. If you actually want to start a relationship , find a quiet spot in a really public place. And tell him that you are crossdressing and looking for someone. I would get that over with as fast as possible. So both of you know going in

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    People tell me I'm a tall drink of water. I ask if they are thirsty. ��

I wear a fake diamond engagement ring along with my wedding ring on my left hand and simply point to it and say"Sorry, I'm married".
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

It is interesting that this has come up now as I shall be going to an old haunt next Saturday. But this time as my fem self.
    It crossed my mind as to how to handle a situation where I am approached. Ha ha wishful thinking probably.
    My fall back position will be to quietly say that I am not a biological woman and allow that person to make their own decision.

Philippa Jane

Philipa

You are very attractive in your Profile Pic, you may get more attention than you expect.

Either way, have fun for all of us.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I don't go public dressed, I don't dress to pass. BUT I've been hit on by gay guys too many times to count, apparently I'm cute to men. My answer is usually to look at the guy up and down and then say "no thanks", and walk away. Let his ego take a hit, not my problem.

Shelly, I have been hit on by men at a bar. It was flattering, but I just told them I was not interested.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, instead of arming myself with defensive dialog, I just carry an attitude of matter-of-fact, which is the truth and always the comfortable option.
    I'm not out trying to be anything other than a guy that enjoys a lot of the clothes and stuff that women get to enjoy.
    So many conversations with women while out and not a one asking if I was actually a male.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Most of my lines are like a magician's misdirection. For example:

Of course it's for her. I buy her stuff all the time, and she's very appreciative (nudge, nudge).

Most people think the "her" is you wife, SO or GF.

In my parlance, "her" is Steffi.

Note that I didn't lie; I just allowed them to believe in the natural order of things, conforming to their belief.

I use my "lines" for "plausibility deniability."