Thread: The curtesy

The curtesy

I sleep in panties and a night gown and rise earlier than my wife. The other morning when she came down stairs she remarked how cute I looked in my gown. Instinctively, I crossed my ankles, flared out my gown and did a slight curtesy as I thanked her. We both laughed and took it as a silly moment, but I was struck by the profoundly feminine nature of that simple gesture. I have done it for her several times since, and am amazed by my feelings as I do. It is a pleasant feeling of submission mixed with gratitude for her acceptance of me, and I feel I am truly expressing myself.

Does anyone else enjoy curtsying for your SO? What are your feelings as you do?
    Last edited by Monique65; 04-22-2024 at 05:41 AM.
    Honoring the woman within

Monique, That is quite a cute story. I have never had the opportunity to curtesy. Funny, when I first saw the word curtsey in your post, I thought of the legal meaning, not the act of bowing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am continuously amazed at the level of acceptance by some wives - enjoy your curtsies and all associated feelings!

How cute your wife is a sweetheart for sure.

Thank you, Jesse. It has taken years to reach this level of acceptance and I do cherish every moment.

Cute story.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    What a lovely gesture, though not something I have had the opportunity to try.

I went the the local Renaissance Festival in period attire.

After buying some food at one of the vendors, he said, "Thanks m'lady".

I curtsied.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi Monique.

Yes on days when my wife wants me to dress as a maid, typically once a fortnight or when her friends are visiting and she wants the house extra clean she likes me to totally immerse myself into that mindset and that definitely includes curtseying and responding quickly to the ring of her bell when summoned.
    She is adamant it improves my housekeeping and I can honestly say it does focus the mind.
    I wonder how many other members here have or would like a maids dress.

Amy x

Hi Amy,

I do not have a maid’s dress but I’m sure curtsying in one is very enjoyable. I love the simple gesture of crossing my ankles, holding my gown out daintily and dipping slightly to show my wife my appreciation. It is the most feminine act I know and fulfills a deep desire to please her.

I only curtsy when I am dressed as a maid for my wife.

Curtsy wasn't a gendered thing, it had to do with hierarchy. The association with a feminine thing is your fantasy, since many of you tend to associate submissiveness with femininity, which is just dated sexism.
    Last edited by DianeT; 04-23-2024 at 04:59 PM.

I'm just impressed so many of you know how to curtsy! I recall in grammar school when we were to approach the "king and queen" of valentines day with a bow or curtsy, none of the girls knew how to do it.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Hi Geena,

Here’s a definition of a curtesy from Wikipedia. It defiantly refers to a feminine gesture of respect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtsy

There's a scene at the end of the movie "Shakespeare in Love" that kind of emphasizes the differences. The main plot device is a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman. In Elizabethan times, it was "unbecoming" for a woman to be an actor. All women's parts were played by men dressing as women. It was a common plot device for a woman (played by a man) to impersonate a woman. The cross-crossdressing leant a specific comedic element to the play.

In the scene the woman pretending to be a man gets "outed" in front of Queen Elizabeth herself. She then gives the queen a courtesy, but after a surprised look from the queen does a bow. After all as an actor she must be a man no matter how she is dressed.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It depends if we are talking of the way the act is executed, or its nature. If posters were only talking about the execution (posture, the dress, the tralala), then yes it is gendered. Women curtsy, men bow. But when some posters speak about submissiveness, this is about the nature of the act (or at least their way to describe subjection). In reality, the nature of the act, subjection, applies equally to men and women. Saying that an act of "submissiveness" feels like a feminine thing because it is a submissive act, is a sexist stance. It contributes to propagate demeaning stereotypes about women. It may not be the intention, but it is the consequence. I always have a thought for women reading this kind of lines.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner