Thread: Has anyone ever had a mammogram?

Has anyone ever had a mammogram?

I found two lumps on my breast two weeks ago. I went to the doctor today for my regular checkup every 6 months as I smoke and every 6 months or so I have a cat scan to log any symptoms or changes from previous ones. Well six months prior they found a new spot on my lungs not present prior. They?ve been keeping an eye on things and it?s grown 2 cm which isn?t much. But I found the lumps and my doctor examined me today and said she agreed there are two she could feel as well. I?m not exactly sure when but they?ll be calling next week for appointments for mammogram and also an ultrasound of both breasts to get the final diagnosis on what?s going on. I have known women in the past that?ve had them and all say it?s pretty painful being squashed in the machine wile being x-rayed. I?ve had many ultra sounds in the past not too concerned there. Usually they are warm jelly rubbed on the area and scanned to get their image of what they want. I actually have a c cup and worry about complications or possibly cancer to lose a breast or both. It definitely gives me a different look at what genuinely born GG?s might go through or think about with themselves. Let me know your experience with this to prepare my mind when the preform the procedure.

i have had 2 of them, im a small b, i found it all most pleasant , they are only squeezed for 30 seconds

Aspiring Member
    I had one last year. I had a lump on my right breast. I got both sides done. They found some on my left also. Both sides were common things but harmless. My experience was at a small town hospital. The imaging room had two sets of machines. I went in and sat down to wait. Being a small town, I got some looks from the women there waiting for the same procedure. When my name was called, I was put in a small dressing room to strip to the waist and put on one of those cheap hospital gowns. A technician then took me to the machine. She did the contortions on my body to fit my breast into the machine to get squished. Took several pictures. Moved to a different contortion for more pictures. Same procedure on the other side. My lump was near my sternum, so there was more pulling to get me under the camera. After it was done, I went back to the dressing room to wait. The technician then took me to the radiologist who pronounced me safe and answered questions. The squishing and pulling was annoying but not painful. I tolerate pain after 32 years in the Army, so your pain mileage may differ. When I got the looks from the women, I thought that I am paying the same bills you are for the same reason. I will own this and keep my head up. And I was fine mentally after that. I am scheduled for a followup in September.

Anyone can get breast cancer! Ignore the stares and hold your head up!
    Some squishing, yes! Painful, no!
    They took two of mine because the breast slipped out! We laughed and did it again! No problems!
    Mine were negative!
    Just part of life! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Well office called this morning and they?ve scheduled both procedures on May 10 mammogram and ultrasound. Yes I?ve heard stories but just online ones I?ve read over the years. I?m going through a slight turmoil presently with medication issues, migraines (cluster type ) two to three a day currently and now this. Most likely age too maybe I?ll be 72 in July. We all get older but no one really tells us what to expect with older age and problems or issues that come up. I?ll find out soon hopefully for the best. Until then one day at a time .

I posted something similar last month. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...36-I-got-boobs

If you have a family history, discuss the need for mammograms with your doctor, regardless of you gender or gender identity, but especially if you are cis female or are being treated with HRT.
    I'd been on estradiol for about four years, when I asked my PCP if I should start thinking about a mammogram. Mind you, I am her first trans patient, and her deer-in-the-headlights look was priceless. When she recovered, she apologized and agreed that it was probably time. I've documented the experience I had last year in another part of the forum. It was not at all affirming until I complained about how I was handled. Let's just say that I am confident it will be smoother this time.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I've had a mammogram, ultrasound and then a biopsy. Not painful. The biggest issue was being contorted to fit in the machine for the mammogram. Being on the taller side, it was difficult to lean forward to get the breasts into the plates without hitting my head on the upper frame of the machine.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Asking permission to call these man-ograms. �� sorry, I couldn't resist.