Thread: Shopping yesterday

Shopping yesterday

I was out (in drab) doing errands and shopping yesterday. Mostly, I was shopping for household stuff, but I drove past a Sally's Beauty store and remembered I needed to find press on (or glue on) nails designed for a man's hand. As I walked it, one of the SAs immediately asked if she could help me find anything.

I told her what I was looking for, and she took me to the false nail display. She apologized in advance because there were no wide nails on display.

I decided to show her a pic of me en femme. I was a pic of me wearing a dress that I wore at Keystone. My primary doc, who I showed it to at my last visit a couple of weeks ago, said it looked like "a cherry blossom dress". The SA told me the dress was very pretty.

Then, I decided to show her a pic from the 2023 Gala Ball at Keystone. I was wearing a red/burgundy, floor-length evening gown, sequined from top to bottom. The SA said she loved to dress. And here's the punch line. She said, "I don't even have a dress like that." So, even though I didn't find any false nails, I left Sally's flying high from that comment.

Now, if I could figure out how to transfer the pics from my phone to the forum, I could share the same pics with y'all.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sounds like you have a new fan

Walmart, of all places, has inexpensive wider nails. Not salon acrylics, but not bad either.

I would love to see the dresses.
    Can you plug your phone into a PC or laptop and transfer the photos?
    From there it is simple to upload the pictures to this forum.

Philippa Jane

As far as how to get photos from your phone to your laptop or PC, I simply email them to myself from my phone. Then, I open the email on my laptop and download them into said laptop, then they're available for whatever I want to do with them.

I'm sure there are easier ways, but I like easy.

Congrats on the courage to show them to SA's, I've considered showing pics to people before but never had the guts.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That's interesting, Steffi. That u prefer to show SA's photos than to shop dressed?
    U r obviously more outgoing than I.

I only shop in drab, (usually for Sherry), precisely because I don't care for the distractions, stress, and possible derision from strangers if I'm dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If is a "newer" phone and it has a USB connector then you can connect it to your PC/Laptop with a USB cable. When you turn the phone on (phone must be on for this to work), it should appear as an external device on the computer and you can then navigate to where your pictures are stored on the phone.
    On a Samsung phone for example, you go to [Internal Storage][DCIM][Camera]

Usually the first time you connect the phone to the computer it will ask you how you want to treat this device and you can chose something like "Open with File Manager" (Windows).

Then you simply drag and drop the pictures to your computer where ever you want to store them. After that you can upload to a post here by going to [Advanced] when you compose a post.
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 04-28-2024 at 07:07 PM.

email those pictures to yourself. Save them on a PC. then upload them to the CD site. It cannot be simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    That's interesting, Steffi. That u prefer to show SA's photos than to shop dressed?
    U r obviously more outgoing than I.

I only shop in drab, (usually for Sherry), precisely because I don't care for the distractions, stress, and possible derision from strangers if I'm dressed!
    I almost always shop in drab, because it takes me so long to "girl up".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.