Thread: Which Breastforms

Which Breastforms

THIS MAY SOUND A STUPID QUESTION BUT WHICH BREASTFORMS DO I CHOOSE for my frame? iam only 5 5" a slim size 8_10 but i have quite broad shoulders so do i buy the large butterfly dd forms or the more subtle tear drop shaped ones although i have been dressing for 20 some years i have only found myself wanting to complete my femminine look more recently (3 years ) by wanting (actually desiring) the forms and gaffs to not only look but feel more femme and i believe the forms etc will help in this way is there anyone out there who is willing to advise me on this issue also are there any ideas on suppliers i find the uk sites are WAY WAY too expensive why do companies lock into markets that could be reasonably priced but hike up prices knowing how the certain niches will(or have too) pay extortionate rates for this demand ! sorry got sidetracked so can ne 1 advise me on how to find and choose the correct forms for my size

Which Breastforms

You can call or email the folks at thebreastformstore.com and get the best possible information. They are great and very helpful. I did and love the result. Good luck.

Hugs, Deena

I agree with Deena

They are a good source

Also, check the "Breastform Faq"

Dear, don't go to o big. "DD"s might not look real
    for today and tomorrow
    [SIZE="4"]Jilly[/SIZE]

A Cheap Alternative

You may want to try this - I prefer them over silicone forms:

Go to your local daily newspaper's circulation department. Ask them for some Sunday newspaper bags - like they put the papers in when it rains. Get the quality bags - the cheap ones leak. Ask for the 8" or 8.5" size. Just ask for a few at first, to make sure you like them.

At home, take 2 bags. Start a warm water tap in your sink. If you have some kitchen scales, use them, otherwise use a measuring cup.

If you'd like a B cup, start out with around 250g of water in each bag. That'd be around 8 oz. in the measuring cup. Ensure that each bag has the same amount of water, then squeeze out any air above the water, leaving a long evacuated bag above the water. Tie a sturdy know about 12" or so from the bottom & trim the excess. If you're using the cheap leaky bags, double bag them.

When I place them in my bra cup, I hold them sideways, with the bottom facing my armpit. I lift one bottom edge toward the strap, allowing the other side to settle into the cup. While doing this, fold the empty end w/ the knot over from your mid-chest back into the front of the bra cup. Position the know where your nipple should be. Repeat on the other side, but reversed.

Once you get used to adjusting them & find your correct size, the breasts will last for days, sometime weeks. DO NOT DROP THEM - THEY WILL BEGIN TO LEAK.

Waterbag breasts have a more fluid movement than firm silicone forms. I usually keep several pair around at different sizes, to match my bras and outfits. I usually use between 265g and 350g per breast. a 350g breast is Large- around a 40D. A pair of 275g or 280g breasts usually fill out my 38C bras nicely.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thing w/ you. I have some silicone form fitting information if you'd like as well.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Shopping at local stores that sell forms is the best way to find ones that fit your frame and look right. My last set of forms cost the same from the local shop as they would have from the on-line place mentioned above. (Amoena Tria Contact Light) However, I was able to try on different sizes and styles with my own bras and the store's bras. I was also able to put a blouse over all to see if the shape looked right. It is very difficult to try four different styles and three different sizes when shopping on line. By shopping locally, you also get the benefit of an experienced fitter. She knows what looks right and what looks wrong.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole