Thread: amputee crossdresser

amputee crossdresser

are there any other amputees out there? I have been a left above the knee amputee for eight years and yes, my dressing has changed since then. I can no longer walk without canes and high heels are totally out because of the limits of my prosthetic leg...and let me tell you the leg is far from feminine. That is why my pics tend to be from the waist up. It's hard to maintain the illusion when anyone sees that leg below my skirt or dress. But that hasn't dampened my desire to dress up and enjoy my feminine nature. Other than some brief lapses I have maintained my weekly dress up times.

Gold Member
    Well girl hang in there and keep on dressing and having fun, nice hair also

With the exception of my frontal lobe nope got all body parts! Just twitching alot these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Julie your avatar picture looks great and as Tina said Nice Hair. Sorry to hear about your leg, but it sounds like your dressing comes from the Heart as with rest of us, so do your thing and have fun. Besides Angels are given Wings For a Reason, Fly true to Your Heart!

Big Hugs Rena
    PS The Pirates!! LOL
    Last edited by RenaCD; 04-22-2006 at 11:39 AM.

Banned Read only
    Hi Julie,
    Not that I know anything about the subject, but surely there must be prosthetic legs designed for female amputees suitable to be worn with shorter skirts and dresses?

Hey Julie, great look in the avatar and it is nice to see someone making lemonade from life's lemons. I wish you the best.

You look pretty good from the waist up and credit to you for your determined spirit.
    Last edited by Julie York; 04-22-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Keep it up

Julie, you are an inspiration to many for your spirit and determination to be who you really are. Keep it up!

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Hi!

My name is Michelle. I am a crossdresser from Wisconsin, USA and am phyiscally disabled. I am not an amputee but I do require braces on my arms and legs to function independently in my daily life. Does this count for your looking for another disabled/amputee crossdresser? If so, maybe we can chat sometime.
    I have been dressing all my life. I go to all my salon appts. and laser hair removal appts. completely dressed as Michelle. I haven't had the courage to go shopping alone dressed as Michelle yet but I am hoping I will soon.

Take Care,
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    im not an amputee but i am a wheelchair user full time!

GypsyKaren
    Julie, you just keep on a trucking, I love you for for the beautiful person you are.

Karen

Julie,
    As i am one that almost lost there foot to a botched surgery from November. Having had 2 reconstuctive surgeries in the last month for my foot. I sort of know where you are coming from. After what has happened to me, I will never give up, and i hope that you will never give up. Live life to the fullest,as you know not what tomorrow will bring. I am looking forward to being able to dress again, as it has been since January was my last time.
    I am also one that loves stocking and heels, but i will have to adapt my dressing as i think my heels will never be worn again. Even though i can't dress the way i want, i will still be the same person i was before.
    If you ever need to chat please feel free to pm me at any time. By the way you look fantasic in your avatar.

Carla

man that stucks.. they're making progress with prosthetics all the time, but of course they can certainly get pricey (i've seen an extreme makeover show where the guy had a crappy government assigned leg that he never wore because of the comfort level), and a good fitted leg ended up costing something like $150k. i'm hoping one day we can simply grow body parts in a lab.

Banned Read only
    [SIZE="3"]It's important for all of us to remember that, at any given point in time, we're all doing the best we can...[/SIZE]

I knew an amputee CD from MD

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Katherine
    are there any other amputees out there? .
    Hi Julie,
    Hang in there....I have partied with an amputee CD from MD when she was here for the BE ALL in Chicago last summer. She had to use crutches, but she was out there with us downtown Chicago as well as at the hotel...

She has a lot of spunk and was a good conversationalist. She wore a nice dress as I recall and one high heel.....

Hope u meet some others.

Joanie

Hello Julie Katherine.

I know a t-girl, who is in the same situation as you are, being an amputee.
    I understand what you say about your prosthesis not looking special feminime.
    This t-girl I know have had the same thoughts as you, about the prosthesis.
    She have solved it that way, that when dressed she dosn't use her prosthesis, she walks on crutches and a high heeled shoe on her single leg, and looks and feels very feminime.
    So have you ever tried to go out there on crutches?
    My suggestion is, that you give it a try and see how it will works for you.
    Wish you the best luck, and would be interesting to hear what you think about this.
    By the way, the part of you that you show on the pics looks great, and I hope you will be able to show all of you in the future.

Hi Julie, although not an amputee, I do have a grotosque leg which got mangled in a motorcycle accident, the only way around showing it off in nylons is to wear my surgical stocking as well which I'm supposed to wear full time anyway. At the end of the day it's all about how you feel not what people see. Best of luck girl and enjoy.
    TTFN Andrea :GE:

Being the father to a multi handicapped son I can relate to your issue, but you know things could be much worse. I have met many a parent with children in much worse shape than my son, I just thank God it wasn't him that was so unlucky as the others.

onward

..another kind of acceptace to struggle with .... to add to...some we all know to well ...
    you have my admiration and support Julie , please pm me anytime , if you need to talk, xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

I thought that Paul Mcartney's wife (soon to be ex) was a model who happened to be an amputee. I've never noticed anything especially unfemme about her.

Yes Lilith - you are right, Paul McCartney's wife Heather is a below knee amputee, and she is very femme in her look, and she even wears high heeled shoes.
    I am sure that with the right stockings a "mans prosthesis" can look femme, even without high heels, there are many styles in womens flat shoes that looks very femme and nice too.
    So I can only say to Julie Katherine, go for it, with crutches or with prosthesis. Don't think of that others may say and think.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Katherine
    It's hard to maintain the illusion when anyone sees that leg below my skirt or dress.
    People see what they want to see Julie. If the rest looks female then the leg will pass as well.
    DonnaT

On the plus side....you can steal the shoe outside shoes shops!!!

As one who worked a career in Rehabilitation, I will add some comments. Yes, Heather McCartney is a BTK amputee, and yes she is seen wearing heels. Let me explain. Prosthetic legs are made that can put the ankle at the proper angle to wear heels, but these are quite expensive. Heather Mc. has the money to have several protheses, probably one for each heel height and for flats. Very few people have the money to have more than one prosthesis. This is the point that Julie was making. She must work effectively with what she has and what she can use daily.

Julie--For women who were new to a prosthesis, we would recomment dressy pants and/or a long, flowing skirt. You go girl.

Jodi

Julie, if some people does not like your prosthesis leg and your canes, it is their problem, not yours.
    I understand that your prosthesis leg dosn't look very feminime, well, perhaps you are right about that, but if you put nice stocking on the leg and a use nice flat shoes, I am sure you will looks great.
    Just be Julie, don't think of that other think about that.