Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clip on Earrings

Clip on Earrings

Hi Ladies

I would like your thoughts on clip on earrings

Am I the only one who finds them a litte painful after a few hours.

I have notice that some feel as if they are trying to pierce my ears.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

earrings

Yes some do tend to get a bit to tight over several hours. Most I can adjust to make them comfortable to wear for the entire day. It would be nice if there were more pretty earrings in pretty styles. I do love wearing earrings!

Eileen

NO, can wear my clipons all day without pain!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Pain is good...lol

Shelly,

When I occasionally wear a pair of my wife's clip ons, there is some pain initially but with passing of time I sort of get used to it. One thing that I've noticed is that you need to be aware of the impressions on your earlobes that are left once you remove them. I had this happen to me one day and it was prior to a doctor's accpointment.

Karen,

Have you checked your earlobes for impression when you dress in the restroom stall at work?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

I haven't tried them but even earrings with my pierced ears get on my nerves after half an hour.

I suggest trying to loosen the spring and using something tacky to give grip. I know it sounds silly but a tiny smear of jam or marmalade is severely sticky without being superglue.

Have fun!

(And if someone nibbles your ears they're in for a taste sensation. "Ooooooh apricot!") LOL

Not just a pig-n-lipstick

Clippies

I don't have priced ears and due to my job so I doubt I would get them priced any time soon. As such I have to go with the clippies if I want any ear bling.

Some designs do pinch after a few hours perhaps due to my fat lobes but right now I only dress for a few hours at a time so no biggie. What really sucks about clip-ons is how few are for sale. In most of the stores I've been in there are five times as many earing's for pierced ears then clip-ons so finding something cute can be difficult.

For the crafty types, such as myself, there are blank clip-ons that can be obtained from the craft store and decorated however one likes. I got about 10 pairs of blanks for under $4.

There are some magnetic backed clip-ons that give the look of pierced without the need to explain the extra holes in your ears to your boss but I haven't tried them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P
    Hi Ladies

I would like your thoughts on clip on earrings

Am I the only one who finds them a litte painful after a few hours.

I have notice that some feel as if they are trying to pierce my ears.

Forgot to mention I have 60 pair if clipon and screwon earrings so even if they did hurt buy god I'm going to wear them!!! hahaha

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have a couple dozen pairs myself. Most of them are painless. When I remove them, I pinch my earlobes in an effort to remove the marks they leave. I figured this out because my wife said she always knew when I dressed. That and the mark left on my forehead by my wig. Now, I don't think she can tell. Back to the earrings, I have a weakness for them. I love shopping for them at a local discount store and one of these days at a department store (prices are higher, but they have hoops).
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Forgot to mention I have 60 pair if clipon and screwon earrings so even if they did hurt buy god I'm going to wear them!!! hahaha

Love Karren
    There is pain and there is good pain..clip ons will let you know that they are there and I find that comforting to some extent. And yes they do leave indentations. I have to be careful to rub them to remove the marks before going back into public.

Ellie
    I found clip-on adapters in a craft store, 4 for $3.99, gold or silver colors. They allow you to wear post-type earrings made for pierced ears. Thought they were kind of neat and give us a bigger selection.
    Brianna

I've found that the clip-ons I have pinch only at first and after a few minutes I don't notice. The screw post type you can adjust to suit as long as they don't fall off! I tighten them up till they just start to hurt and then back them off a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It depends of which I wear: some pinch my ear lobe herder than others. Like others forum members have said, after a while I forget that I have them on... However with some of the clip on earings, it is taking them off that I feel a short but rather intensive pain...

I still like to wear them. They put a nice finish touch to my "femme" look

Love.

Eugenie

I found Flo some magnetic earrings at Wal Mart of all places and she loves them.

Joy. Put the other one back in Quick!

If you can.

Oh to be able to wear any sort of earrings for a few hours at a time!

Love

Helen xx

As far as the ear lobe marks from the clip-on's go, I have a little trick. I take a cloth type bandage, and cut a couple of small squares. I then stick those to my ear lobe, and then fit my ear rings so the front clasp is centered on the little square. No slip, and no, or very little mark.

yes joy. put the other one back in quick. you've gone through the hard part already. It's your body got for it. were all pullen for ya.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Banned Read only
    I find clip-ons a bit painfull but bearable.
    I've never heard of magnetic clip-ons.
    And the jam/marmalade method is a new one to me as well!

Prissymiss

e clip on earrngs

The clip on's I have tried, DO tend to be painful, but, but with some ladylike discipline, I can become accustomed to wearing them.

I haven't got any clipons, though I used to try my mothers on many years ago, and they did pinch after a while. Before I had my ears pierced I had some magnetic ones, they were fine for up to four hours, then the pain set in and my ears hurt like hell.

Angela: The magnetic ones have a very powerful (small) magnet that goes behind the ear, thereby keeping the earring in place, I have never had one fall off, they work well if you can take the pain. LOL

I too have several pair of clip ons and love to wear them. I like the dangly ones best. I find that the only lain I get is after I remove them I feel a pinching pain for a little while but it goes away.

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

Have your ears pierced...

Very acceptable. If you have to go en drab, you can always wear one ear ring or none. Totally acceptable in most situations.
    Clip ons hurt. I love pierced.
    :be: Sharon Rose

pretty pretty princess

clip ons

i've realized that there are fewer clip ons for sale than pierced ones for sale and they do cause a lil bit of pain at first ,but after a while you forget about it.

I had a pair on one time and boy did they hurt like a son * * b !!!! I know they can be adjusted.... but sometimes they can slip off and not be found.

Hugs Misty

I use the pierced to clipon adaptors as mentioned above. I get mine at Claires, found in most malls. Very cheap and come in gold and silver. When I first wear a new set, I bend the clipon slightly until it is comfortable.

Jodi