Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clip on Earrings

Before I had my ears pierced I would wear clip ons. After a couple hours rhe pain would be intolerable and I'd have to take them off. Pierced ears are so much easier, I wear studs in drab and danglies in drag. No pain, and the selection of earrings is soooo much better.

It takes a real man to wear a dress

email address

does any know the web site for the clip earing company i think it is called clip ta mania? if so could you post .
    Hugs PD

I stopped wearing clip ons a loooong tima ago after a pair almost left bruises on my lobes,, not just impressions,,not to mention I could never find many I realy liked.

As far as the pain goes, try wearing heels a size or 2 too small,,the foot pain should help you forget about your ears

Cindy

My wife says the secret to wearing clip-ons is not to touch (play) with them after you have put them on. Do to the fact I can not keep my fingers off of them, I don't know if it works totally, though I have seen her go all day with large rhinestone ones on, and not say a word when she takes them off.
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=4]Jenney Love[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I have lost 120lbs and now I am free to be me!

Hi Girls
    Thanks for all of your replies

Quote Originally Posted by psdibe
    does any know the web site for the clip earing company i think it is called clip ta mania? if so could you post .
    Hugs PD
    http://www.cliptomania.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    I stopped wearing clip ons a loooong tima ago after a pair almost left bruises on my lobes,, not just impressions,,not to mention I could never find many I realy liked.

As far as the pain goes, try wearing heels a size or 2 too small,,the foot pain should help you forget about your ears

Cindy
    The 4" heels are easy compared to this.

The things we go through to look good !!!! (no pain, no gain)
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

yes clip ons are uncomfortable but look so nice
    laurie sweet

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

Yes but....

They do unless you have big ear lobes. They always wore at a 45 degree angle...kind of like a small frisbie in flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeting
    yes clip ons are uncomfortable but look so nice
    :be: Sharon Rose

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I love my clip ons (yeah pierced could be better) but normally not too much pain, but taking them off is that :good pain: someone else mentioned...

I found a pair of hoop clip ons that i like (prefer dangles) but found using the phone a challenge with them on, so like a GG take that one off for phone use and then back on when done.

Oh and as to:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psdibe
    Hugs PD

http://www.cliptomania.com/

They make good ones, if you sign up on their website for the monthly drawing, you could be a winner like i was a few months ago!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Mine don't bother me when I wear them
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Clip ons

I wish I could have my ears pierced but that's not an option so clip on are the only thing I can wear. I agree with others that I wish they made prettier ones. You have to experiment with different ones until you find the ones that don't hurt. Good luck

Clip on's...Screw on's...

Hi All

I'm a clip on fan too and I used to own some screw on's. I bought some really nice 6mm hoops from Cliptomania. They have a very easy sort of slide type of end on one end, whereby you simply pull back on that part of the hoop, it retracts down inside the small hoop hole. You slide it over your earlobe and whalla...it looks like you own real pierced ears. They come in silver and gold on the Cliptomania website. Very light weight, easy to put on and comfortable.

I went to the mall to the Pennys jewelry section also...found some real beautiful faux pearl dangle earrings...gorgeous. But like all the other girls have said, clip on's are hard to find...not impossible...but there are fewer. Ebay is usually the best way to go to purchase clip on's.

Also someone on this forum mentioned a clip on site called: Crazy4clipon's, I checked them out, some nice stuff there.

Dandy

Would love to have pierced ears - actually multiple piercings. Unfortunately don't, so I love pierced look clip ons. Makes me look and feel like they are pierced and so feminine. Have lots of clip ons.
    Dawn

Screw

I have given up on clip on's and now only buy screw on's when I can find them. The the earings with screw on's don't have to be aas chunky as those fro clips so I can have some very pretty earing without have to have my ears peireced.

You can get scews that will covert pierced earings.

Banned Read only
    A small strip of tape (clear adhesive type) perhaps 1/4 to 3/8" wide and perhaps 3/4" long that is placed on the front lower portion of lobe (so its centered where a hole for a pierced ear would be) and wrapped up around bottom and up the back of the lobe and firmly pressed in place so it becomes more transparent. The using stuf or post type earings, insert post into the tape approximately art the place the hole would be, and angle it downward until the post end is at or slightly below the ear lobe bottom, then angle it backup and out the back of the tape strip. Then add the push on piece to hold it in place. Properly done, unless someone is close enough and nibbling on your ear, its hard to tell that ears are not pierced, and gives the pierced ear look. Yes it does not beat real pierced ears but if done properly its hands down better than clip or screw ons, and your selection of earings are much better.....Only pain is removing tape if you happen to have a bit of downy type hair on your ear lobe ;-) Some styles of posts or wires work better than others, but no matter what kind you use they all work better than clipons do.

Aspiring Member
    in my younger years, my aunt left a few pieces of her jewellery at my parent's home and I remember wearing a clip earrings. I don't recall it being painful.

I wear clipons a lot. Someone mentioned "screw-ons" ... that reminded me of my grandmother. She always referred to earrings as "ear screws" ... HAH!

Banned Read only

Use French clip on ear rings

The french clip on ear rings have a larger back so they do not hurt. It is the clip on ear rings that look like pierced ear rings that will hurt. My grandmother,mother and sister used French clipon ear rings with no problems.

No pierced ears in my family.

clip ons

Hi,
    I agree with most of the girls, clip ons work, but they can be a little painful. However most of the time, especially if I go out, I get so into being out AND dressed that I soon forget about it.

I too am bummed about the lack of selection. I recentlyfound a store that had several to choose from and I bought all 3 styles.
    Joanna

Most do hurt if you wear them for any length of time. The ones with very soft pads in the back seem to grip better, and hurt less. I have a few magnetic ones that I picked up at Claires and they are good if you're trying for a post or solitaire type look. They can also hurt in the back because the magnet is very small.

I like to buy classic or antique earings and find that they are unique compared to new ones. You won't end up with earings like the next girl when you go out!

Clip-ons

They used to hurt, but I don't feel fully dressed without them, so I refused to stop wearing them. I guess somewhere along the line my lobes developed callouses or something, because I can now wear clip-ons all night. There are little pads you can buy that will cushion them.

I don't have pierced ears and won't get them done until I do the both of them. But since clip-ons are out of fashion, they can be found in thrift shops and consignment stores by the shovelful.

Aspiring Member
    I have one ear pierced(did it a couple of years ago),but before I did that used to buy clip-ons occasionally.I found that they hurt a little bit after wearing them awhile,but I would keep them on as long as i was dressed.And I wanted to say Shelly that you have great legs girl!:cheeky:

Smile clip on earrings

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P
    Hi Ladies

I would like your thoughts on clip on earrings

Am I the only one who finds them a litte painful after a few hours.

I have notice that some feel as if they are trying to pierce my ears.
    Hi you will have to shop around, some hurt after a about an hr. i buy from ebay 50% are ok.
    Anne.

I wear clip-ons and found that they are not a bother and never had any pain assoicated with wearing them.

clip ons

Just a passing thought. I know clipons leave a mark, but I no longer care about the mark. I wear the earrings and if there is a mark, I do not care!

Eileen

RE hard to find --- I just happened to ask for assistance in finding clip-ons at Penneys once and the salesgirl started digging around under the counter and came up with about 30 pair. Never hurts to ask.