Thread: Better Buying clothes in drag ?

Banned Read only

Better Buying clothes in drag ?

If I ever go out in drag I'll be wearing own of my best size 4 skirt suits. I feel so slim and trim like a sexy executive secretary in those. Just today I went out of my doorstep to the front gate and the people that saw me thought I was a woman - they had no reaction to me. My only motivation for going out in drag is as a disguise to buy womens clothes. People think I'm gay when I'm a man shopping for womens clothes. Hopefully when I shop in drag they will never find out how I look as a guy. But I guess I should have done this a long time ago - I have a reputation as being gay or a nerd only because I've bought so many womens clothes.

Do any of you crossdressors regularly go out shopping in drag? Does it keep your male reputation intact so that people don't call you gay or that they don't realize that it was a man buying womens clothes? Obviously I guess you have to be passable for this to work. How about your voice - does that give you away? Do you have a clean reputation as not a crossdressor?

If you have any shopping in drag stories post here too!

The pic is how I looked today when I went out a little. I might go out in this outfit. It's a Kasper 4 P suit with Nine West shoes. Got it from ebay and the shoes from Salvation Army.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jesse,

I get out shopping enfemme at least once a month (usually more often). I look sufficiently different from my masculine self that I don't have any worries about someone recognizing me. As for voice, I don't worry too much about it. I soften it up a bit and try to carry a conversation in the way a woman would, but I don't try to do any kind of falsetto (that usually sounds pretty fake). There are a lot of GG's that have fairly low voices, so that's not a giveaway by itself. I always expect to be made as a male wearing women's clothing and as a result I am often surprised when I am not. It's been my experience that if you conduct yourself as a lady most people will treat you as one, regardless of what sex they think you really are. Another thing I have found is that the more expensive the store, the better you will be treated. The sales clerks at Saks Fifth Avenue will fall all over themselves trying to be nice and sell you something while the ones at Walmart usually won't even notice you are there until you say something to one of them.

From your photo, you certainly appear to be "passable". Just remember that "passable" and "passing" are two different things. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just get out there and have fun doing it.
    Phoebe

I go out shopping in either gender role and no one has ever called me anything except sir or ma'am!! Usually gender appropriately too!!! lol An even though I'm the only guy in a business suit in the womens department holding up dresses checking for length, no one is looking or pointing at me!!! And I wouldn't care if they did!!

So get out there and shop in which every atire you are most comfortable in and buy what you want!!!

And wear what you want, when you want!! It's your life, live it as you would like to not as others would have you live it!!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Karren - you're married. So you probably have gone shopping at the same places with your wife. So when you're shopping alone they can easily assume it's for your wife. I don't have a wife or girlfriend, but when I buy clothes from stores they are size 6 and they think I'm buying for a woman that size.

But I do have a big gay / nerd / crossdressor reputation because of buying too many womens clothes. Maybe it's too late for me to shop in drag. If I moved to another city or state because of a job I would definitely shop in drag to hide my identity.

As a matter of fact I don't shop where my wife shops for those reasons. She knows all the clerks and she doesn't participate in my hobby! LOL And I shop all over the country especially in the conservative coal fields and small town (Prestonsburg, KY; Price, UT, Grand Junction, CO, Tazwell, VA) and I still haven't had any problems. Maybe try some other stores where you are not know!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

True,

when I've bought female clothes, underware etc (for myself not girlfriends / relatives) its always been in places well away from where I live for the simple reason of running into people I know.

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

Worry not about what others think...

I do not look as passable as you but I go out dressed everyday. I have gone to Nordstroms and they will allow me to try on clothes in the women's dressing room and offer opinions. I have gone to the laundramat in capris, flip flops, camis and sweat shirts. I have gone to very nice restaurants both in the mid afternoon and at night. I went to this one restaurant whose bar didn't have many patrons and suddenly 3 waitresses came in the restaurant next door. We introduced ourselves and they said why go there. I did and I have become a regular. I know all of the bar tenders, several of the wait staff, the manager. If I had not tried it, I would not have known how many people accept you for your personality and not your looks. Even some of the other regular patrons, now come sit by me and get into conversations.

Do not be afraid. Carry yourself with charm and grace. Be yourself.
    :be: Sharon Rose

I've gone out shopping quite a bit also, and the only reactions I have elicited are a few smiles.

It's a tough line to cross, going out shopping en femme, because there is no place to hide when you are up at the counter to pay for your purchase. But every store that I have been in always treated me well and was happy to make another sale. If they think I'm gay -- I don't care. If they think I'm weird -- I don't care. As long as they treat me respectfully.

Shopping

I have never shopped in drag but It's sounds like fun. I usually go and but as a male. I used to feel embarrashed but now I don'tcare. Let them think what they want . If they want a sale. Who cares

Wheather I go out as he or she, most places know me and my wife, so they give us a lot of respect, they want my money. But it is fun to go out dressed.....BJ

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Ive gone out shopping enfem often but if I want to try somthing on Id have to use the Ladies changing room and here in NJ its against the law. Was in Lane Bryants in drab looking at a clearance idem when sales woman asked If she could help asked about the return policy on idems, she said you can try that on in the stockroom, when it didnt fit she brought the next size and something she thought I might like, she made a sale brought both idems.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I really do not think most if any shops could care less what you bought and who bought it M/F as its just the almighty dollar they are after......there certainly is no laws against a non-CD buying his wife some sexy undies, or a dress, just as there is no law against a wife buying her husbands jockey shorts. No sense getting paranoid thinking what others may think or what ideas and conceptions are running through their heads........it all boils down to $$$$$$$$$$$$ and sales

yes, its much better to shop en femme. I buy things in male mode, but always feel nervous. But as a female, its so much more comfortable -- for instance with pantyhose, instead of just grabbing something and mumbling its for mywife, I can read the package, compare, and really get what I want. Trouble is I don't always know when I'll pass. I've had good days -- I remember once buying a bra and panties at Macy's, even waiting in line and no one seemed to suspect, but other times I'm clocked. All in all, though, shopping as a female is my preference.

Shopping in guy mode

I have never shopped enfem yet and may never get to. I do all of my shopping in guy mode. I just shopped at a Target near my place of work. First of all, I'm not worried of being recognized at work by a Target employee since the store has poor sales.

I was always told by my mom to act like you know what your doing and no one will question you. Even though I have lots of years of improv acting to use as a shopping skill, I have watched customers in the grocery stores I work in. As an employee, I only remember the ones who go out of their way to do something or say something that makes me remember them. The ones that have a specific pattern like shop every Friday at 3pm also stand out. But I don't always remember every face that walks by, unless she's totally hot looking.

When I shop, I always get a cart to put the items down inside. I usually stroll by the women's clothes to get something else, like chips or pop. Then I return with my confidence in high gear. Again, act like you belong there and know one cares. Just today I bought a cute cheerleader style skirt at Target (also online - check it out, it's not white-but khaki). But I needed a top - why not right, and I wasn't sure what to get. So I went over to the changing room and a male and female teammember were both there. I simply asked what type of shirt would go well with the skirt. She made a suggestion and I simply commented that "she (gf) is always buying me clothes, so I wanted to return the favor." Now I suppose I didn't have to say anything, but who cares.

I told the cashier I needed a gift receipt for the 2 items and never worried for a second about what she thought. To be honest I was watching a really hot gal at the next lane. I think it helps to look a little masculine when shopping for girly things. I have nice fuzzy layer of beard, a well worn everyday jacket that says "He wears this while working outdoors" and my Dewalt sponsored NASCAR ballcap. I also needed a dress shirt for work and some jeans for working in the workshop.

A friend of mine compares me to Chandler Bing on "Friends," he was thought to be gay. Like him I have made a few efforts to not give off those signs. It is all in how you project yourself to others. If you wanna shop as a guy for girly clothes, don't shave for a few days, don't wear loufers or designer jeans or anything that suggests that you actually thought about what your wearing and pickup a hotrod magazine and keep it in plain sight. Do you best a being a natural guy.

Smile Shopping

I have never gone out enfem but i would like to try it one day if i can get the look down mostly i shop via the internet/ Ebay is my best place to find bargens.

That's only way I'll do it. It's the easiest, they take one look at me, it's obvious whom I'm buying it for, they will give me advice on how things might fit or work for me and they might show me other things I might be interested in as well.

I always take stuff over to the fitting room on the guy's side, lots of women don't like dudes walking into situations where you might see some private parts, and I don't want to be even near any situation where somebody might freak out. The men might see you walking behind the curtain of a stall inside, but more times than not I'm the only one there, and if I ain't, they mind their own business as strictly as most do in the men's restroom.

Smile Shopping

ebay is my best friend have not gone out dressed except a few short walks late at knight.

Shelby.....Wasn't Chandler Bing on "Friends," father a TS. I remember some seinces where he was introducing his father to the others and his father was a full time TS.

I wished that I had the courage like some of you guys. I either buy off the net which isn't ideal or binge around christmas/valentines when I can be passed off as buying presents.

I'm quite lucky that my partner is sort of semi-understanding. She buys bras, knickers & hosery for me on the odd occasion. But for skirts and dresses i'd like to go & try before I buy but I haven't plucked up that sort of courage yet!

Aspiring Member
    I don't go shopping completely in drag.Sometimes I'll wear hose under my jeans,once I went shopping with bra on under my shirt,but had a jacket on also,so no one would have noticed.I think even if I were to get shaved nice and smooth all over,wear makeup and a wig I wouldn't pass,although seven years ago I might have passed. I don't worry about what people think at the stores when I'm buying hose undergarments or dresses/skirts,but I do get a little nervous about buying shoes,as I wear a size 11 or 12 in women's and think that sometime the clerk probably suspects that I'm buying them for myself.

Banned Read only

Jillian The Shopper!

While I do my level best when dressing and making up when I go out, I have no illusions that I am a raving beauty. Maybe raving maniac is closer to the truth! Lol But I love shopping en femme. I like the Fahion Bug, which has several stores in my area. Just found a great new one in Washington PA. I also shop Target and K-mart and others, as well as the mall department stores. I always chat with the make-up ladies in those stores, and make selected purchases. I suppose I am read as much or more as other girls, but at nearly 69 I could care less. It is how I feel that is important to me. I have also been in a few clubs and bars in really short skirts, but so far no one has hit on me. Drat!

Everyone must march to their own drummer, but to those that haven't shopped en femme and are thinking about it, I hope to read that you have taken the plunge and enjoyed the experience.

For what it is worth, I have used the dressing rooms at The Bug dressed en drab as well as en femme. The clerks there are wonderful and treat me with respect and dignity. At K-mart and Target etc., just wheel the cart to whatever dressing room you want. In Pennsylvania, as far as I know, it is not against any laws to CD or use the opposte sex dressing rooms, provided one behaves oneself. Also, when dressed, I always use the ladies rest room too, but am careful to screen them before I go in, and get out quick. And never, ever stand! These new large service stations that have single pottie rooms are a god send.

just go

i just walk in and buy what i want.. i usually buy bras and panty sets along with thighighs on occation.they seem to take the money ok. i get all turned on when i shop so that is part of mt personna.ps i buy to many things lol