Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do women complain about bras?

Why do women complain about bras?

I have found many women complain about wearing a bra. I don't understand why. I recently wore a bra for 21 hours straight. I also wore panties, thigh high stockings and a garter belt. I enjoyed it. Why don't women?

I agree

I also love wearing a bra, it just makes me feel so good to have one on. I am a natural 38b and it feels great to have a bra holding them.

Mmmmm, thats not the sort of question this forum was intended for!!

How about a new forum "Ask the GM's"

I can just see a question from a GG,

??????

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Happily Taken, thanks
    Well I can't speak for everyone but sometimes I like it sometimes I don't. First off it depends on the bra. It is so hard to find a bra that fits right and is comfortable, the right amount of support. But not all bras are good for everything. I definately couldn't wear a comfortable bra if I was working out for example. The girls would be bouncing around and let me tell you, thats not exactly fun! With a smaller chest it isn't so bad (ie when you are a small child) but once you start to develop, ouch!

Some problems with bras: They show through clothes, straps have a tendency to dig in your skin, they can get stretched out fast, rip easily sometimes, underwire bras- the wire can come out and poke you, its almost impossible to be laying down in a bra and comfortable if you are on your side, even bras with a good fit will pop the girls out by accident once in a while...

I could go on but is that a good start?
    -Dawn
    The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    - William James
    Dawn and Chris established April 1, 2005

bras

Well first of all most women do not buy the correct size bra. Saw this on an episode of Oprah and thats when I decided to get properly fitted for one. To my shock and horror I found out I was wearing a bra 3 sizes too small for me. So I put on the one in the correct size and saw a huge improvement.
    That doesn't mean it is still not uncomfortable and I can't wait to get it off at the end of the day. Let's face it real breasts weigh more then the breast forms. I know since my husbands Ds are a heck of a lot lighter then my own. Not to mention a good bra lifts not just holds and some ladies have quite a bit to lift up. In essence we have to displace upwards from 5 to 15 pounds of weight upwards. Which is a strain on your back and shoulders. Plus they get sweaty and stick to the skin. Yuck!!!
    And one day of wear does not exactly make you a pro. It's the wearing them everyday, doing activities in them other than looking beautiful. I am sure I might feel the same way about wearing a tie, for a while it might be ok but day in and day out with a neuse around my neck might get bothersome.
    Just a little insight from a GG with a big rack!
    God grant me the serenity to change the things I can, accept the things I can't and the wisdom to know the difference

Wife to Robyn4909

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile i love my bra

i love wearing my bras and with my forms of course.i feel so feminine the minute i put it on in the morning.i wear my bra till i come home from work and the night that i go out to cdi i will be wearing one from the morning when i put it on till i come home at night from our group meeting.love phylisanne

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    I'm glad to see some GGs reply. My first thought was it's probably more comfortable for MTFs to wear a bra because many of us don't have anything to wear a bra FOR. Kind of like the FTMs wondering why men complain about wearing cups.

Seeing Tamara's post below, perhaps I should clarify something. This was already in the MTF section when I found it.
    Last edited by Casey Morgan; 04-23-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Try wearing one for 14 or more hours, 7 days a week, 52 weeks in the year... see if you STILL enjoy it then! And seeing as this ISN'T asking for help or advice, it's been moved out of the 'ask the gg's sectionl' !!!!!!!!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    Try wearing one for 14 or more hours, 7 days a week, 52 weeks in the year... see if you STILL enjoy it then! And seeing as this ISN'T asking for help or advice, it's been moved out of the 'ask the gg's sectionl' !!!!!!!!!!
    Yes indeed Tamara,

I was about to make the same comment... After a full day wearing my bra, I'm sure glad to take it off and to put on a nice soft nightgown...

I use underwired bras because I like the shape they give to my breasts, but at the end of the day I have red marks under each of them...

So I can sympathise with GGs who have to wear them everyday all year long. I'm now far more careful when I offer a bra to my wife... I know which ones she likes and don't offer her the ones the "male that is still in me" would like to see her wear

For my own day time I also wear the comfortable style too...

Love from France

Eugenie

The only reason I wear one, besides the fact that they're pretty, is so I can (pardon the expression) look like I have boobies. They don't make me feel any more or less feminine one way or the other (except for the boobies). They're probably the equivalent to women of wearing a jockstrap, which I could do without any day. They are one of the most utilitarian articles of clothing ever invented. Sage GG and Tamara have likely nailed it here. I can never be sure, because it's 99.9% a sure thing that I'll never have a rack there to find out for myself. But I'll take their word for it. During the short time spreads that I wear a bra, I don't find them too uncomfortable, but I'm not wearing one most of the time. In this case, I think it wise to give the girls a little leeway for their expertise.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    because they are not always comfy and when you HAVE to wear it ALL the time EVERY day, the novelty wears off QUICKLY!!!!

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Guess if we were forced to wear something every day, designed by the opposite sex to make us more attractive to them, we would complain about it also. Just so happends that we enjoy wearing fem items so it seems odd to us that anyone would not want to wear one!!!! But actually there has been times when my strap kept falling down or it was rubbing me the wrong way and I had to go take it off!!!!

"Nooooooooooooo Say it isn't so", your probably thinking!!!! hehehehe

So call me an old woman but I know what I like and what I don't!!!!

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-23-2006 at 06:57 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Wife of Alyssa75
    We don't like wearing bras because we HAVE to. We don't have a choice. Try living with real 42DD's and you'll see it's a burden (those suckers are pretty heavy). Plus, most of us have had to wear them for YEARS now since puberty. And we don't have the option of taking the breasts off when we get tired of them! Oh but I wish I could!

Plus, yeah, finding the right bra size is hard! Then you get pregnant or gain or lose weight and they don't fit anymore...:mad:
    [SIZE="4"]Stephanie

[/SIZE]

You might enjoy it, it might feel all fem.. but like Sage and Angel has said already, YOU get to take the bra off AND the forms inside... WE DON'T. So I suggest this, get your forms, make them really heavy, 15 pounds EACH should do it and stick them to your chest for a WEEK... see if you like bras then!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I comisserate with you GG's, I wear one because I have a 38C breasts. Iwear one so they don't hurt. And I can't wait till I get home from work, so I can take it off. The under wirebra I had on was poking me under my arm, and I couldn't do a thing about it. Cos guys' don't wear them. So I just put up with it till I went home. Then it came off and went in the trash. The wire came out. It was bleeding under my right arm. As they say, "The thrill is gone." I don't get off on wearing a bra.

Quote Originally Posted by SissyPanties
    I have found many women complain about wearing a bra. I don't understand why. I recently wore a bra for 21 hours straight. I also wore panties, thigh high stockings and a garter belt. I enjoyed it. Why don't women?

Well whoopee doo for you, now try that seven days a week fifty two weeks of the year and then say you enjoyed it. I guess because they weren't as heavy as the real thing you didn't suffer from any back ache. How about getting hot and sticky and some times in the summer getting sore underneath them and you ask "why do women complain about bras"?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Angel...

I think you REALLY are on target here. Nobody likes to have to wear something because they HAVE to. Even though I am male and can go without a shirt, I'd really like to be allowed to go without pants either. But I almost always wear both and certainly the pants all the time (except when wearing a dress).

I'd love to trade you the silicone breasts I have for the real ones you have, but I guess that won't happen. I don't think ANYBODY has ever done a boob transplant! LOL!

Shari

Quote Originally Posted by Angel73 GG
    We don't like wearing bras because we HAVE to. We don't have a choice. Try living with real 42DD's and you'll see it's a burden (those suckers are pretty heavy). Plus, most of us have had to wear them for YEARS now since puberty. And we don't have the option of taking the breasts off when we get tired of them! Oh but I wish I could!

Plus, yeah, finding the right bra size is hard! Then you get pregnant or gain or lose weight and they don't fit anymore...:mad:

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Bras are fun sometimes. But when your working that body hard and the bra is wet from you working. It's stinky, sticky and is not so great. I wear one as much as possible. Even wear one working out side, to the store and fishing etc. But it's not always nice to me. As you have said, the wires come out and stick you under the arm. Leaving a bruse or worse. Nahh, I'm not always for wearing one. But I will from now on as much as possible, why? Because I can. LOL
    Haley P. Kemp

oh lord!

Ya know, I love this site. I really do, but sometimes, the posts I see make me shake my head in wonder.

After reading the first post my first thought was "Geez, what a silly git"

My response would have been the same as the GG's who responded: For a CD, it is a removeable item. Try living with the fact day after day and you will change your tune.

some peoples children, I swear.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    The only reason I wear one, besides the fact that they're pretty, is so I can (pardon the expression) look like I have boobies. They don't make me feel any more or less feminine one way or the other (except for the boobies)....
    This pretty much sums me up as well. I don't feel the need to wear a bra without my PALS. I don't find them all that uncomfortable for the short time that I wear them but I have never doubted that most woman simply hate having to wear a bra.

During the protests of the 60's/70's women didn't burn their panties or hose or slips, they burned their BRAS!

Wife of Alyssa75
    Quote Originally Posted by sharifemme

I'd love to trade you the silicone breasts I have for the real ones you have, but I guess that won't happen. I don't think ANYBODY has ever done a boob transplant! LOL!

Shari

Shari, It's a DEAL!! LOL Although my other half might not be happy with that, and I'd have to borrow them back once my baby is born. But thanks for the offer anyway!
    [SIZE="4"]Stephanie

[/SIZE]

Try this ~ go and purchase the largest size bra that you can find ~ stuff a couple of bowling balls in there ~ wear THAT for 17 hours ~ and then get back to us. (While your buying the bra and bowling balls ~ pick up some BenGay and a heating pad ~ they might come in handy later on ~ you never know!)

Bras and being comfy

Seems the comfy bras dont lift and squeeze the boobs like you want them, but feel great on , the ones that accent the clevage get a little tight after a while, but on well, its part of being a women or dressing like one I guess

Banned Read only
    Gotta agree with the GG's....I also have sufficieint breast to fill a C cup naturally (did have a bit of help along the way with hormones) and its totally different in being able to remove the bra and what its stuffed with and be free than be permanently attached to them 24/7/365.

I used to really enjoy wearing a bra, nbow that I can fill one properly, I like to go braless when I can, but its not very often. Since I stay en femme 24/7 anymore, and a lot of folks (GG's) that new me as my male self and know now me as Kathy, often remark how comfortable it is to be able to get rid of those bras whenever possible, but some are just too large to go without and not have problems

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

Why do men complain about boxers?

I have heard any number of men complain about boxer shorts. They creap up and get into a knot. Talk about uncomfortable. Now, you could say that men have the alternative of the brief. I hate them.
    You have to grapple with getting things in and out, and you have to worry about wet spots if you are wearing khakis. Besides, it is much more fun wearing something nice and soft and feminine and sitting.
    :be: Sharon Rose