• This section is called 'Ask the GG's' I don't want NON GG's answering

27 27.27%
  • None of the above, please post why.

5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from this section?? 'Ask The GG's'

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Also, there was a post here earlier with 56 looks, that not one person answered because it was in this section.
    Thats BS, sorry but it is... theres been 256 looks at this thread and only 25 replies so far, so what's your point?

There's a few hundred threads in these forums that have NEVER been replied to and have had many view them, want the links? AND most of them are in the MTF section... so your theory that it didnt get replied to because it was in 'that' forum is flawed.

I thought we had adults on this forum, not babies who stamp their damn feet everytime something changes, or it doesn't quite sit well with them, or isn't in 'their' catergory.. Why is it only this forums members stamp their feet and have tantrums whenever something is done? I don't see this type of thing anywhere else, probably because they don't stand for it. You lot are getting famous for it. Digging at changes, digging at rules, whinging about this, doing this that and the sodding other... don't some of you have nothing better to do than pick constant faults? Or is this your forte?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Smile

[SIZE=3]Yes i would have to argree with tamara and sharon, this section should only be for gg's to answer the questions and nobody else should. or like everyone has pretty well said on the topic just get rid of it all together 'coz why would we need it then .[/SIZE]

I was not referring to this thread. (If you look at the quote you used.)

I was not referring to this thread. (If you look at the quote you used.)
    I know you wasn't refering to this thread, I was simply stating that it doesn't matter how many times one looks at a thread, it doesn't mean they want to post in it, no matter where it is posted.
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I miss the Ask A GG section already and it has been gone what, a day? I think it is a very important section and it needs to be here in some form. The GG are what makes this place as good as it is, in my opinion.

I have asked a few questions to this part of the forum and have been grateful for the responses that I have received. So far all of them have been from GG, but if a CD has 'relevant information to share I would like to hear that as well. Key word here is relevant. Perhaps a stronger intro for any non GG posting replies that it needs to be relevant.

So I vote for number four, even though I do not like the idea of someone telling me what I can and can not read.

As long as the Ask A GG section is here I will enjoy it and get much information from it. Bring it back in what ever shape it needs to be in, just bring it back.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Lets go shoe shopping!! miss_sarah's Avatar
    If i reply to a FtM or GG-ONLY forum question, it's typically because I hardly EVER look at which sub-forum the thread is posted in. Here's my typical visit:

hit bookmark to crossdressers.com
    Click "NEW POSTS" in the menu
    Browse THREAD TITLES (with little regard to what sub-forum the post resides)

I have a feeling there are others that surf this way too... I very rarely go through the sub-forums one by one from the main page...

0.02 (has anyone else noticed that this smiley says 20c? $00.2 in its bubble... LOL)

EDIT: Tamara, I just saw your post mentioning a "LockOut" so NON-GG could only START a thread, but not reply to it. I think that'd deter me from my above reason, but I'd ask this: Would the thread started be able to reply for followup? That would seem to be vital... Just curious I'm a phpBB guru, and know very little about vBulletin's settings
    Last edited by miss_sarah; 04-24-2006 at 06:23 PM.
    xoxo Sarah

Gold Member
    For all members to ask the GG's a question and ONLY GG's answer them

Why? My comments were not meant to be "snotty". Why were they offensive?
    Then perhaps you should re-read your post along with the one you posted in The Lounge ~ "Ask The GG's" Should I have the pizza or the fish 'n chips for tea today?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by miss_sarah
    0.02 (has anyone else noticed that this smiley says 20c? $00.2 in its bubble... LOL)
    Don't you know inflation has gone up??

Quote Originally Posted by miss_sarah
    EDIT: Tamara, I just saw your post mentioning a "LockOut" so NON-GG could only START a thread, but not reply to it. I think that'd deter me from my above reason, but I'd ask this: Would the thread started be able to reply for followup? That would seem to be vital... Just curious I'm a phpBB guru, and know very little about vBulletin's settings
    Catch 22, I'm not sure, but where there is a will, there is always a way

And I hope you have all noticed that question 1 is almost the same as question 4 and I say again.. I'm going to add them together....
    Administrator

Tamara i think it is a good idea to have a sub forum called ask the GG because there is things that they can answer that us m to f can not answer.
    Adrianne.

I chose #5, if the section is "Ask The GG's" then it should only be GG's who reply to the questions posted there. Common sense would indicate that.

Otherwise, if everyone is allowed to reply there, the section will get loaded up with a ton of irrelevant shit and the original purpose will be defeated.

Kim

oh dear .. I do get perplexed at the behaviour of some of us.

Its simple.

If there is an "Ask a GG Forum" limiteed to GG's only to answer ... and ... you dont like it .. well its easy.

Dont participate in it ... go where you are happy.

Leave it to those who want to participate that way.

Its a bit like a menu in a restaurant ... I dont always like what is on offer, so I dont order it. I dont expect them to take it off the menu!
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Ah-May-Lee
    Tamara, the reason you don't see this type of response on other cd forums is because they are bloody boring forums. They are full of long winded posts that go on and on and on and bore me to death. They talk for a whole page when two lines would be enough to answer a thread.

This forum is more diverse with different types of members, with minds of their own, people who can speak their minds on an issue. The other forums are like a lot of yes men they all agree to everything that is said. Or they gang up on the lone dissenter.

And did I mention, that they are boring.

Hey, How about a section where the cd only can answer to cd questions, or maybe a section where CDs only answer to GG questions, or maybe a section where cd only answer to questions by GGs and CDs. The combinations are limitless.
    Last edited by Amelie; 04-24-2006 at 06:55 PM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I was at a council meeting open to the public recently. The public were allowed to pose questions and make a statement. Only the chair of the meeting and the coucillors were allowed to respond. It meant that the meeting could proceed with some order.

There is little difference between that meeting and the proposal that anyone can pose a question, but only GG's can answer. Keeps it in order and manageable.
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Tamara, the reason you don't see this type of response on other cd forums is because they are bloody boring forums. And did I mention, that they are boring.

Hey, How about a section where the cd only can answer to cd questions, or maybe a section where CDs only answer to GG questions, or maybe a section where cd only answer to questions by GGs and CDs. The combinations are limitless.
    Ok, maybe they are boring, I dunno....... maybe I only notice it more cus I read everything (well nearly) here.... cd - cd... yes we have the gm forum as for the others.. don't make me slap you

It's quite simple.... if you want something.. ask.... ask the gg's was 'requested' by quite a few members, was discussed, was set up. Ok, it was set up too quick.... but the title said it all 'ask the gg's' not 'ask the gg's but everyone else post'... are the titles of forums really so hard to understand?
    Administrator

ask the GG's

I just voted #3..but could have voted #1..very similar wording...
    Here's what I think....GG's should be the only ones to be able to answer questions posed to them. But all members would be able to post the questions.
    If others what to add thier input, they could do so on another thread. Tamara's objective seems to be to keep the thread as the title states "Ask the GG's"
    All members would be able to read the questions and answers, correct? Just GG's respond. If a cd has a followup question on the same topic, pose a question to the GG's

I am new here, so I hope i dont step on any toes by adding my two cents.

Marissa

Ah-May-Lee
    I don't think that I posted in the "Ask the GG" section. If I did, it was because I misread the title, but I don't think I posted in there.

I just think the forum sectioms overwehlm some of the members, especially new members. The excitment of just finding a CD forum must make it hard for some to manage all the forum rules. Some CDs have been in the closet for years and to come to a CD forum, they probably want to answer all the threads, the excitment can get to them. I don't blame them, they have been hiding for so many years, and now they want to talk as much as they can in case the forum comes to an end and they have to go back to the closet. This forum means a lot to some members.. I don't thinkthat they post in the wrong sections on purpose, I think they are having so much fun that they tend to forget at times.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    I have just realised, poll #1 and poll #5 are more or less the same... doh.. so those will be added together at the end.
    I thought they were the same, so I ticked both

I think the forum should function just as it says. Anybody can post a question, answers should come only from GGs. The questions should be appropriate, relevant and ones that need responses specifically from a GG viewpoint. If others want to comment then open a thread in another section. 0.02

Just take a step back for 5 minutes if you can and click this link.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28018

This is more important than a section.... please, go read it.
    Administrator

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    I opened up the forums tonight and WTF no ask the GG's. Came to the lounge to see if there was a complaint thread, as it has become one of my favorite sections. I enjoy this forum because it is nice to see the GG's perspective without wading through alot of other stuff. I voted for #5 as I like to see just the GG's replying. If I want to see what my fellow CD's think I get that from the MTF section.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

The "Ask the GG's" section has been restored and will remain as it is for the time being. All threads are to be answered solely by GG's unless the voting in this poll ultimately says otherwise.

girl next door
    #5.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

GypsyKaren
    Personally, I'd like to see only the GGs answer in the thread. However, I do see Sharon's point of view, and it is a valid one. The problem is that to many members will dive in with nonsense and such, so I believe it should be moderated with those kind of replys deleted.

I also think that if someone has a question about outfits and such, that should be posted in MtF. The GGs are over there all the time and will respond to it if they so choose.

Karen

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Ok I am with Dancing in the dark on this one!!!

and Julie you need to relax a bit. There is a MtF and a FtM and there should be an "ask the GG's" section for those wanting a genuine woman response. I think it is irrevelant for a CD to answer as THEY ARE NOT WOMEN!

I agree that it has a different relevance than the other sections. Also if the person asking the GG wanted a CD opinion they can post it in the MTF if they choose.My 0.02
    Last edited by Anita Mae GG; 04-24-2006 at 08:37 PM.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

I've read it six times ~ and seems to me that #1, #3 and the next to last one are the same, just worded different? LOL!