Thread: Thrift Store Fashions for CD's

Thrift Store Fashions for CD's

There's a link to a site all about thrift shops on a Yahoo group I belong to.
    I think thrift stores are an amazing source of fashion finds for anyone.
    Thrift shops usually have larger sizes as well as amazing selections of clothing and accessories.
    I hope everyone finds this a valuable link.

Fredi

http://www.thethriftshopper.com

Thanks for the link...and yes Thrift stores are great. Probably half my femme cloths came from the various thrift stores in my area of Atlanta.

Takes lots of looking around however to find something...but thats half the fun.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    I was to the goodwill store on Saturday to drop off clothes could belive how many guys were shopping in the womans rack. Had to fight them for all the better things.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I'd love to know where in Jersey Kristen's thrift shop is, sounds like fun.

I get a thrill shopping at department stores for new and sexy things. And I also really love retro stuff. My mom had a black nylon and lace full slip that, as a kid, I loved to wear with her stockings - everything slid and swished around me as I moved. Well, a little while back, I found one just like it in a local consignment shop.

Aspiring Member
    I simply love thrift stores; the prices are unbeatable and what you find at times is just awesome ! Selection is varied though.

Sorry, I don't concure so far. Since my life is way to hectic, sorting through all those racks of poorly marked dresses looking for my size drives me wackey!!! Like I'm not a little wackey already. I'd much rather hit the clearence racks at say TJ Maxx, Macys, K Mart or Kohl's and buy something deeply discounted but quick and easy to locate!!! That way I have more time to devote to my "hobby"!!!! LOL Guess I'd much rather BE dressed up than looking for dresses to dress up in!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thrift store finds are sometimes unbelievably good and I love wearing previously worn clothes, maybe they have a feminine scent, I don't know. But I agree that I am not a shopper and looking thru those racks wears me out pretty quickly.

thrift stores

Yes Thrift stores are great. I do not look at sizes in any store. I buy by using a tape measure. Real mark down racks in the big chain stores are also a great place to shop. A real bargain makes a dress so much nicer!

Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Sorry, I don't concure so far. Since my life is way to hectic, sorting through all those racks of poorly marked dresses looking for my size drives me wackey!!! Like I'm not a little wackey already. I'd much rather hit the clearence racks at say TJ Maxx, Macys, K Mart or Kohl's and buy something deeply discounted but quick and easy to locate!!! That way I have more time to devote to my "hobby"!!!! LOL Guess I'd much rather BE dressed up than looking for dresses to dress up in!! hehehe

Love Karren

I have to concure with you Karren. I find it very difficult at best to find anything in these stores. And like you the clearance racks at any major department store is my favorite way to shop for clothes. Add Marshalls, Macy's and Stein Mart to the list. hehe
    I am who I am.

Thrift Store shopping

The local Goodwill store in my area provided a fair contribution to my skirt collection and I was lucky to find ones that fit even though I don't try them on. However, I recently purchased three or four skirts, took them home, and realized my size calculations (eyeballing and hand measurements) were a little too liberal on the size. I did not read the receipt until I got back in the store to return the goodies and I realized they do not take back mdse in exchange for cash refunds or credit card refunds. The local store has a mdse only policy. Returns are acceptable within strict time limits, receipt required and exchange for other goods only is allowed. My fault for not reading the receipt, but I have not been back since to redeem the mdse only sales slip. I am sure it has long since expired, so that's a "charitable" donation to Goodwill Industries.
    I am much more comfortable with Ross, JCP (store and online) and occasionally Macy's for sale items.
    Love,
    Gretchen

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

knots and sales

i shop at thrift stores all the time and have found a few great tips.

1. take a leagth of white cord and knot one end. get index card for coding.

2. take your best fitting skirt and hold this knot on the inside of the wastline and run cord to the othe knot wher its fits just right and tight move knot till right. Pain knot with colour and write on index cart . titled fitted skirt with a dot of the colour next to it.

3. do same for strech skirt.

4. pants

5. strech pants

6. you can do this for dresses but its alittle harder and i would rather try them on. this tip works real well just make sure you you change the cord as you shrink or grow
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Thanks for the cool link. Looks like that site is fairly new too.

I got to the point where I try stuff on first. Tired of not being able to size things up right and having to make donations back to the thrift store.

There's a great store in East Haven, CT right off Rt. 95, Ex. 51 going South called Teen Challenge. They have lots of days where it's Fill A Bag For $10.00. Amazing how much you can get in there when you fold things! I've even been invited to their social events.

Jaie

Quote Originally Posted by Frederica
    There's a link to a site all about thrift shops on a Yahoo group I belong to.
    I think thrift stores are an amazing source of fashion finds for anyone.
    Thrift shops usually have larger sizes as well as amazing selections of clothing and accessories.
    I hope everyone finds this a valuable link.

Fredi

http://www.thethriftshopper.com

Thanks for the site, Fredi

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Short skirts

Does anyone else shop for short skirts? Check out the 'girls' section for skirts with elastic waists. Jaie