Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we do it?

Why do we do it?

I love being a CD because I can escape all of my manly expectations, such as my manly job(automotive), my manly hobbies(softball,basketball,four-wheeling), plus many other things. My urgency to crossdress as much as possible is growing all the time. Is this normal?
    I LOVE BEING A CD!

normal

i am not sure any of the crossdressing we do is normal. but i have tried several times to quit and always end up back at it. gave all my clothes away 3 times and started buying again in january.why do i do it i am not sure but it sure makes me feel good. since i joined this forum and found so many other people doing this i am feeling better about it just a thought hope i didn't upset anyone.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    THIS is IDENTITY based CDing--"Escapisim" as I am an "escapist" also. For us, CDing represents a way for us to take a temporary "vacation" from our real male selves---and totally unwind and relax.---The escape is two fold, we escape from our SELF and become another person, freeing ourselves from the hang ups and responsibilities and worries of our real self. and secondly , in a female persona, we can ALSO drop the male/macho "responsibilities" and obglations. The result is the ultimate form of relaxation. Why do we do it? --IT WORKS! It makes us feel good, and we cant think of any other method to get the "detachment effect".

As a "bonus" there are often sexual turn on elements, and also The "Rush" the brain gives us as a side effect for crossing a "taboo line" by breaking away from the "identy function". These thing have a drug like effect, and ever so often, I must get my CD fix----its especially strong after a while of not doing it.

NOTE that Escapist CD is the complete "inverse" of the CDing urges that drive most other posters to this forum. About Half the CDs consider their FEM selves as their "real selves" and CD to go THERE "where they really belong" (they are over reresented in this forum) they might be called "Trans Gendered" or "transsexual CDs",

While about Half of us are ESCAPISTS ---we consider our MALE selves our real selves and CD to take a vacation from that, if only for a few hours, and return to our male selves "recharged" until the next time the urge hits.
    The rest of the CDs may be fetish, SM or driven by other factors.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 04-26-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Why we started CDing can be a big mystery and as varied as there are people who do it. Why we continue to do it is also a mystery. Liking it after we start, no so much a mystery.

An increasing urge to dress isn't out of the norm, nor is a decreasing urge, nor is the lack of need to go in either direction. All these feelings are as varied as there are people who do it.

Diversity is the norm.
    DonnaT

To me, it is also a sexual turn-on, and I am longing for an "experience" with another CD. It's very hard to deny my feelings for this. This is what scares me about CDing
    I LOVE BEING A CD!

Hi,

Crossdressing can be a good escape from your male persona. I find the urge comes and goes. However, no two crossdressers are ever alike. I still wish I knew WHY I like it so much, though. Nothing in my male persona would ever convey that I am a crossdresser. Just go with what your heart tells you and you will achieve inner peace.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

"Is this normal?"

Lol .. no PMSL woo ! ha!

so .. define "normal"

........................ er ...................
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve
    Escapist CD
    Ah! I wondered what the deal was. I'm one of those overrepresented TG types and now and then I'll read a post by an Escapist and wonder why I don't "get it". A while back someone wrote about CDing as a hobby- ie. Escape! Thanks, now I do get it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=Marina Twelve]THIS is IDENTITY based CDing--"Escapisim" as I am an "escapist" also. For us, CDing represents a way for us to take a temporary "vacation" from our real male selves---and totally unwind and relax.---The escape is two fold, we escape from our SELF and become another person, freeing ourselves from the hang ups and responsibilities and worries of our real self. and secondly , in a female persona, we can ALSO drop the male/macho "responsibilities" and obglations. The result is the ultimate form of relaxation. Why do we do it? --IT WORKS! It makes us feel good, and we cant think of any other method to get the "detachment effect".

I do it to escape too, but mainly I just enjoy wearing dresses.0.02 Women fought for the right to wear pants if they want. Men should have the right to wear dresses if that's what they like to do. Maybe we should "Fight for Our Right to Wear Party Dresses."
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 04-27-2006 at 12:45 AM.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina
    Ah! I wondered what the deal was. I'm one of those overrepresented TG types and now and then I'll read a post by an Escapist and wonder why I don't "get it". A while back someone wrote about CDing as a hobby- ie. Escape! Thanks, now I do get it!
    You could also think of it as a gender vacation.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I find it very relaxing to the point of being almost hypnotic, I love the feel of satin & lace, and find the pull of a bra or suspender strap or a dress brushing against a stocking in cool air really sensual.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I fought it immensly through guilt and threw away my wardrobe time after time.

My wife found some of my lingerie three or four years ago which was a blessing in disguise. Since being honest & open with her I have become far more accepting of myself!

Banned Read only Vicky_Scotland's Avatar

Its simple...

IMO the reason why I cd is because I have no option. I was born a cd and will die a cd. Like I was born with a certain colour of eyes or hair I will die with the same.

The point is that all these factors were decided in the womb and I have no control over them. Even if I denied to myself those feeling and urges and did not dress I would still be a Crossdresser.

So either you live in denial or embrace who you really are.

I don't know why I x-dress. I just know that I've done it since I was about 10 years old and it was always a very difficult drive to repress. It was only a very conservative upbringing that let me to refrain from x-dressing for some periods of my life.

Love

Eugenie

Being myself

It's normal for me Hon. I wouldn't really be myself if I didn't do it. I learned this after most of my life trying to please others to be who they thought I should be. Now, it's my turn and I feel a lot freer for it. Take care, Ericka

I do it because I like it, not to escape from my male self. I am my male self. But I like being a chick sometimes. It's just another one of my personal activities, like golf, or music, or acting, or even beer tasting. I like all those things, too. This is just another one of my interests, hobbies, pursuits, or whatever you want to call it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Well put Marina Twelve...

.....and in my conversations with other CD's over 50, like me, it NEVER goes away. How many times do we hear from CDs who have trashed their wardrobe, only to repurchase. Sometimes more than once.

Lipstick kisses

Karen

I was a real GG 100s of years ago as I can remenber, dressed all in red, walking in the woods picking up firewood, so I could start cooking for my farther, when he got home from work. We had 3 pigs, and their was a bad wolf..............Hang on that isn't right, somewhere I've gone wrong, sorry dear, I lost myself somewhere........................
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Why we do it? Can only speak for myself whether overrepresented or not.
    What can I say? I'm a girl. When I put on a skirt I begin to feel real. I also feel more honest. It's a great relief! Is this "normal" ?

I feel VERY feminine when I dress, and I love that feeling. I would love to do it more often, but the masculine things get in the way. Sometimes I'd like to kiss all the manly things good-bye and just live as a cd.
    I LOVE BEING A CD!

Thanks Marina 12

Good observations but we all are differant some how and I have never been able to pick the reason why I do it. I know I like myself more now that I have accepted my crossdressing It's like a weight has been lifted some what off me, the rest is dealing with my family relationships and getting out in a social situation is another, I plan to take on all these one at a time. I read about some gurls who the attraction was sex and still others did it from a real early age where sex is not a causeative factor. Escape; I'm sure that has as much attraction as dose a pretty outfit. So you pic you poison here and take some advice just love yourself as you would have others love you. You only go once around in life and you owe it to your self to be happy.

Smile Why do I/we dress

I started when i was young trying on my moms clothes bras ECT. And then for a wile put it out of my life, but I did always have the urge to dress I started back up after I got married off and on trying not ever to get caught.
    I really was able to dress after the divorce and got out on my own about 3 years ago, and even then it was to the point i was going to stop and got rid of most of my clothes but I would find my self buying more right back.
    It is a part of me and I stopped trying to deny that part, so now that i live a lone I think i have more women’s clothes than male. It is part of a sexual thing for me as well being Bisexual i seek out men who like to be with cross dressers and would love to find a GG who also like it that would be my ideal mate.
    But for now I live life one day at a time and do what i have to do.
    Wow sorry so long but i just stated and could not stop.
    Misty

You could ask whether people who jump out of perfectly functioning aircraft are 'normal' and the answer is probably not. However, they do it and allegedly enjoy it. I would suggest that anything that a whole bunch of people do is probably normal. It's just that a bunch of other people have a different opinion. Other people's opinions don't make something abnormal.

I like to dress en femme and (up to a point) consider myself 'normal'.

I'd have to say

its purely sexual. I'm 99.999% hetero, it 99.999% of the time only involves me and my gg fiance. I have only been out to clubs, and would never go out during the day, although I consider me passable. i've had fantasies, and a little fun but its a me and my woman thing for me. Now I ask you: after having 4 gfs who loved to see me in a skirt, why do gg's enjoy our x-dressing?

huh??

I never wanted to be "Norm" ..or.. "Al"
    I'm rather "unique" eh !? hehe xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

gave up asking why long time ago,don't know if i like it or not,it's just there.