Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GG walk

The GG walk

Read this on another site a few years ago and saw some humor in it.

One of the ladies was having trouble getting her female walk perfected. She had read that male and female hips were joined differently and did anyone have any "mechanical" tricks to overcome this problem.

One person answered like this (best as I remember):
    You are a good girl, are you not? What do all good girls do? They keep their legs together. If you will keep your thighs together while walking you will naturally take smaller steps, walk slower and be in better balance to get a good wiggle in your waggle.

Another said:
    Throw your shoulders back and push out your boobs. Be proud of them. It will help your hip movement.

Decided to put both of them together and give it a try. So there I am, walking across the room thinking, I may be a good girl below the waist but up on top I am a ****. Yowza!

BTW - Overheard this from a profesional female impersonator. If you want to get a good feel for the proper rhythm and sway, practice while walking up a flight of stairs.

I yam what I yam
    Popeye the Sailor

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

another message board

My answer to this was on another message board with the same topic of heels and walk.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28950

[B]Francine[/B]

walk slower, talk softer

The GG walk is very simple.......

One foot in front of the other
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG
    One foot in front of the other
    Thats right.
    Janet Johnson

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/OccasionalWoman84

Sandra,
    Easy for you to say ,,,,,,,,,,, I have the foot part down since age 2,, its the rest of the moving parts thats tricky

Cindy

I walk like a girl anyway as i wear size 3 shoes.
    Janet Johnson

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/OccasionalWoman84

Deportment

I saw a video on deportment at a Renaissance meeting a few years ago. I said to myself you've got to be kidding. I'm not gonna walk around carrying a broom and put stuff on my head. It's all true what is being said but then again because of who I am, I gotta find my own way(Now, that's a shocker!). What actually helped me was taking the plunge on the dance floor because when I dance, I move from my hips. After awhile I found it became second nature and really didn't have to think about it as Ericka with walking either. Just have to remember what "mode" I'm in as I don't think Richard walking as Ericka would do much for my guy reputation. EKR

Ok girls I know it's easy for me to say, but just watch GGs and don't take great big steps.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Simple excercise to do, go to a busy location and video tape women as the walk but, of course you will tape guys to, but you mainly want to watch women walk.

Then go home and set up a tri-pod and record your own walk. Then compare....

Amanda has done this and has found there is a sway to the male shoulder that we don't seem to have. Almost like a waddle-ish move.

Then un-learn what ever movement you do that is too guyish.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Sandra,
    Easy for you to say ,,,,,,,,,,, I have the foot part down since age 2,, its the rest of the moving parts thats tricky

Cindy
    Its ok Cindy, I'm having the same problem.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar

walking

take smaller steps and one foot in front of the other....as it will give you good hip movement.

Steph

bought a video, it helped!

I have to admit to trying one of those videos. It actually helped to get started on "the walk". It is very difficult to transfer what you see in women, to moving what you have. I found that the tip "try to make your thighs touch as you walk" got me into the right area. I finally learned to push the hips and butt forward as I moved and it got easier the more I tried. Making a home video of real women on the street is a good way to improve, but you might have to start with an instructional video to get started.

Gold Member
    I practice every time I get dress now, don't seem to be hard to do, does help to have a nice ass to shake

I have also studied the opposite effect, when an otherwise sexy lady walks like a guy. The first time I noticed this was with Anne Murray, who has not only a great voice, but a phys ed degree. She walks like a jock, which she is.
    Last year I was volunteering at a festival of food and drink, which attracted some exceptionally attractive and well-dressed ladies. One very attractive young lady showed up with a killer 'wrap skirt' that tapered to show a lot of leg when she walked, with a gorgeous set of boots, which I complimented her on. She 'strode' with her heels pounding into the floor. Maybe she had some military training, because she walked like she was marching. Sexy lady, unsexy walk. That gave me hope that if she could 'learn' to march like a guy, I could learn to walk like a girl.
    Last edited by Wenda; 05-07-2006 at 08:49 PM.

[SIZE=3]The trick to walking like a woman is all down to foot placement.

Have you noticed that women walk by placing one foot almost directly in front of the other when they take a step? This generates the hip swing movement in women, particulary when they are wearing high heels.

Men almost always walk by placing their feet in a parallel position as they move forward. This accounts for the side to side shoulder movement as their weight moves perpendicular to the direction of movement.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Crazy Lady
    All I know about one foot in front of the other is many years ago I was told that that was the way American Indians walked, Single file and one foot in front of the other. And I learned it years before the same thing came up in "Star Wars".

I have also noticed that the additional padding on the derierre of many women adds to the effect.

Dee

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

gg walk, explained the way I was coached

ok, I'll spell it out again... (by copying)

I was coached that women walk differently from men too. Let's see if I can explain this.
    Men usually walk by exending their leg, planting their heels and rocking forward to the toe. They also walk such that their legs extend straight forward and back so as they walk their legs parallel one another.

Now women walk by extending the leg, but pulling the from the toe, and and then setting the heel down. This usually causes less 'click'. Almost like walking on their 'tip toes'. (this is especially true wearing taller heels, I think). Women also have a tendency to walk slower (of course) and placing one foot in front of the other, even to the point they cross over one another, which as I believe, gives that 'little wiggle in the walk' men like so much!

Now, I could be all wet, but that's sort of what I learned and the latter is what I practice. But that may just be me.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Dam

Ya know I had it down pat but somebody gave me a piece of gum now the whole walk thing is shot. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Sandra,

Cindy
    give me a pair of heels and i can shake my ass

This link was from a response by Paula Jaye in this Thread

BioMotion 1.8 helped me to see the difference between the male and female walk in different postures. Kind of a fun thing to play with too, lol.

Shaking it

Quote Originally Posted by robinLynn
    give me a pair of heels and i can shake my ass
    Works for me Hon. I doubt they are looking at anything else. EKR

Something I discovered this morning while at the gym. There is one treadmill there that is kinda of by itself without any other machines behind it. After my morning workout I slowed it down to practice walking. This gives me a chance to be able to spend a fair amount of time without having to constantly turn around when I'm in my house. Nobody said anything to me or even looked in my direction. (they're all too busy with their own "power walking" routine)
    So if you have access to a gym or are a member of one that might be an idea.
    No,....don't wear a pair of five inch heels on the treadmill. Then you might get strange looks from others, to say nothing of what you will do to the drive belt.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It imposible for us gurls to get the walk of the GGs it is all due to the hips and the fact that a GGs hip is designed to give birth thet is the reason we can imitate maybe but without major bone shattering surgery cant get natural If that makes sence
    Steph
    Spelling bad because the fairies make love on my keyboard.

Sandra's right

Sandra's suggestion of placing one foot in front of another is the best way to develop a walk. I saw Jack Lemmon demonstrate it one night on Johnny Carson's show and it looked so simple. Although a simple move, it still takes practice to get it down. Oddly enough I find it easier to do when I'm wearing tall heels.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie100
    It imposible for us gurls to get the walk of the GGs it is all due to the hips and the fact that a GGs hip is designed to give birth thet is the reason we can imitate maybe but without major bone shattering surgery cant get natural If that makes sence
    Steph
    That's not true. Though a woman's pelvis is wider, the way each sex walks is due to social conditioning. You grow up and imitate what you see around you. I used to walk like a man because I was supposed to. I don't remember learning it in the same way I don't remember learning to talk. And just like learning another language, you can learn to walk a different way. Feminine if you want.

I know women who walk in a very feminine manner, I know women who walk like men (including my fiancee), I knew a woman who walked like a copper, because she used to be a copper, she learnt a new walk while out on the beat (in the days when they had beat coppers). And over the last little while I've been learning to walk like a woman because I'm trying to be one. A woman, not a walk. With practice anything is possible, except levitation or training a cat, but I have the advantage that I am full time and therefore needed to get good quickly. According to my friends my walk is fine now, apparently. It probably helps that I have a fat arse

Take care