Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The GG walk

Bio motion lab

This thing is very interesting. I am going to spend a bit of time with this and try to transfer the concepts to my fem walking. Worth a try!!
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by Gurly
    Oddly enough I find it easier to do when I'm wearing tall heels.
    Taller heels force the leg into the "proper" stance by keeping the toe's lower than the heel, and by the leg being forced into it, it also forces the hip. Women walk like a cat, footprints in a single line close to overlapping. The closer to overlapping, the more movement the hips must make, its all about extension. When women walk in heel's, they lead with the leg. Men lead with their body. Because women have a different pelvic bone, their hip's allow them to do that naturally. We can do it to, it just takes work because it's not "natural" for us.

The hard part for me is going down stairs, or ramps like at a bar or wheelchair access in 5" heels LOL.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Here you are girls, the complete "How to..." So somplete that it just leaves you to do the controling bit yourself...... on the stairs....
    Have fun
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Remember, head up and one foot in front of the one behind.

~Samm

Difficult really to know the mood that you should be in.
    Just get on and walk.

I can't seem to stop that shoulder swing thing. I have had it all my life, I walked like that since I was a little boy. My father even told me when I was in my 30's that men don't like to see other men walk like that. He said that it looks cocky. I told him that I cannot help the way I walk.

I have been told by women that I have a very sexy walk. I have found that if I twist my waist a bit as I walk it seems to help some.

If anyone has any of the pink pills I'd take one and be happy as a woman.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

I have videotaped myself standing, sitting, walking, etc., and made mental notes on male habits I need to remedy. I already walk and sit pretty well, but sometimes have trouble with my hands, waving them around "like a guy".

My voice is also something that gives me away. I'm still working on that, trying to speak a little slower, a little softer and a little higher. On video, the picture looks pretty good, the clothes, the face, hair, hands, legs....all look realistic. Then you start wondering "where's the man?"

Another hint while you're walking (and sitting) besides remembering to keep your feet and legs close together, is to remember also to walk with your elbows in close to your sides, and keep your fingers together and slightly pointed away from you as you walk. Try to avoid tight fists and big arm movements.

A gg friend of mine who works at a convenience store told me it was not my walk, my height, or my shoulders, or even my bare arms that gave me away to her, but my voice (I was trying!). Another who works at a coffee house told me most attractive women don't come in by themselves, dressed to the nines, in lipstick, make-up, a short tight skirt and five inch CFM heels and sit down by themselves......oh well. That's not going to stop me!

I tried walking in heels putting my toes down first instead of my heel and I seem to be getting more hip action. Also taking smaller steps and keeping feet closer together, almost one foot in front of the other.

It feels nice!

Karyn
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Smile

am working on the way I walk, and nearly fall over as it's not doing my sense of ballance any good. Have seen the Bio-Motion on another forum and it does not make feel any better about my femme walk!

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer. I walk how is comfortable to me and, apparently, comfortable to me includes a hip-sway. My friends have told me I have kind of a nice ass and, much to my embarassment, that I have a little "catwalk" stride going on.

I naturally walk on my toes. If I am barefoot or in socks at home, I usually walk on my toes with my heels suspended in air. It's more comfortable to me and I feel it allows me greater range of movement and lets me move faster. I'm rather combat-minded sometimes. :P

My legs... Ehh. They go where they go. Mostly I walk with them together. I am fully uncomfortable with the male "swagger" that's going on.

My advice is that you either have to concentrate on it, or you don't. If you're like me and are just a poor girl stuck in a guy's nasty body, then you might have to concentrate at first, but it is very likely that you'll pick it up quickly as it will feel more natural. If you're going to be switching back and forth from guy-mode to girl-mode, then you'll need to practice concentrating on the appropriate walk for your mode and practice keeping that concentration when you are doing other things.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OniKoneko
    Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer.
    Hrm... I didn't know TS were born with a "walking in heels" gene.

Look, I know you probably meant well, but it sure came across as one of those "tranny hierarchy" kind of comments.

:mad:

Personally, I've never a had a problem walking in heels. BTW, I find that making sure your thighs brush together creates enough wiggle without overdoing it. Only runway models actually have their feet cross over while walking. As mentioned, it helps to keep the elbows in and to rotate your wrists out slightly since women's arms hang at a slightly different angle to accomodate their wider hips.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by OniKoneko
    Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer.

Please tell what's that got to do with it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna