Thread: Easier than GG's?

Easier than GG's?

I saw a picture of a gal on the MSN homepage this morning pulling at the top of her hair and having a frustrated look like: "What am I gonna do with this mop?" I think as CD's we have it a lot easier than GG's in this respect. They have to deal with this stuff in a very real way, day in and day out. We just throw on some clothes, makeup, wig, etc. and go on our merry way. Kind of challenging to be a GG to say the least as the stuff doesn't get put back in the drawer or whatever when you are done. It stays with you all the time. Kind of makes you think twice about being a woman 24/7 doesn't it? If I were to "wake up" as a GG, I think I would be up to the challenge but am wondering how many others would be? Ericka

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    It would just be part of your life, like shaving is to men. It would be a pain in the neck, but something you just do and deal with. Obviously, dealing with your hair all the time is more involved than shaving, but the point is that you make the adjustment. You'd be fine.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

Ah-May-Lee
    GGs can do the same as Cds, they can put on a wig and go about their merry way as well. Women's style wigs are sold to a lot of women as well as men. Probably more women buy womens wigs than men do.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

and then there are some of us who just dont get the benefit of the wigs ...

i had to deal with one day making my hair look boyish .. and then another day making it girly again ..

at least now i dont care and its cut in a much nicer, girlier manner .. and it makes it easier to deal with in the mornings when only half and eye is open.

so no, it doesnt really make me think twice
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards
    I saw a picture of a gal on the MSN homepage this morning pulling at the top of her hair and having a frustrated look like: "What am I gonna do with this mop?" I think as CD's we have it a lot easier than GG's in this respect. They have to deal with this stuff in a very real way, day in and day out. We just throw on some clothes, makeup, wig, etc. and go on our merry way. Kind of challenging to be a GG to say the least as the stuff doesn't get put back in the drawer or whatever when you are done. It stays with you all the time. Kind of makes you think twice about being a woman 24/7 doesn't it? If I were to "wake up" as a GG, I think I would be up to the challenge but am wondering how many others would be? Ericka

Thats exactly what makes the difference between a cd and a ts in my opinion....

cheery
    xx
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

My SO always makes fun of me because it takes me longer to get ready then it takes her. Putting on a wig is much easier than washing, drying and styling your hair. We also have to worry about shaving too. I know not nearly as much but it's still part of the prep.

Well Ericka i'd be up to the challenge of being a gg. For me it would be a welcomed challenge to be able to look in the mirror and see a woman looking back. Lets just say it would be a dream come true. I would gladly put up with bad hair days and all things a woman faces on a daily basis. It would come natural to me seeing that i feel like a woman on the inside. Yes I truely wish I could wake up a gg because i'd never look back.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

wigs galore

I am a bald ts so for me wigs are my life. And not for nothing depending on the wig it takes just as long if not longer to prep a decent wig so it looks like real hair. Their are days My gg friends as so jelous of me then their are times when they are laughing at me because it is taking me an hr to fic my hair right. So i think it is about the same for both. It is just in the marrer of how you do your hair.
    kiss kiss
    char
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar
    I had hair past my shoulder blades until last sept. I went and had it cut off, actually had my wife do it, But dang it I miss my hair!!!
    And I AM growing it back!! Besides it was fun having hiar longer that all three of my grandaughters, my 2 daughters and my wife!! lol

But I wll admit, sometimes it can be a pain,, like when your doing an oilchange on the 4X4!!!!!
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

It's a point well taken, but if you have to be up to the challenge, then you do what you have to do. I'm sure that it's a hassle at times, but women have the option if they like to cut their hair and wear it short. Many, if not most, choose to wear it long though. Why? I'm guessing that the overall end result and reward of all that fuss over their hair is worth it in the end. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Getting ready

Most of my wigs are shake and go. I don't spend a lot of time fussing with them (i.e. every hair has to be in place, etc.). maybe where that's where I got the idea to go "natural". Anyway same for the makeup. In my business, I have a lot of quick changes (Karren knows what I mean) and time is a premium. Sydney Bristow has nothing on me. LOL Ericka

Platinum Member
    not all of us have hair in the box ....been up from 5 :30 am this morng getting ready to go out and do some things running late ....why??? because my hair won't dry ....... such a pain in the but ..... but worth all th4e trouble........