Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stocking slippage

Stocking slippage

How in the world do you keep these things from slippimg everytime you move?

It totally depends on what kind you're talking about. I usually wear thigh highs with an elastic top. Stockings with out an elastic top require using a garter belt. You also have to make sure they're the right size for you. Most CDs need the XL size so they come up over the top of your thighs. Otherwise if they only come up to the middle of the thigh, they will slip down. Jaie

Are you talking about thigh highs? I have had that problem with them and someone on here told me that happens if you can't shave your legs, which I can't.

If it is pantyhose, might be the wrong size or maybe they are worn out.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

They are thigh highs with the elastic.......and I do shave.....I have had garter belts in the past, and the stockings still would look like garbage because now they are just uneven....I am about to just superglue the things on....

I never had a problem with thigh highs slipping before I started shaving my legs as long as they were "long" enough. You have to look at the back of the package and match your weight and your height to get the right size. Jaie

I like the thigh highs with elastic and the rubber (?) banding around the top on the inside. The banding helps them cling to the skin a bit better. Of course there's nothing wrong with a garter belt either.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sierracd6
    They are thigh highs with the elastic.......and I do shave.....I have had garter belts in the past, and the stockings still would look like garbage because now they are just uneven....I am about to just superglue the things on....
    Maybe your legs aren't on right

Sometimes my heads not on right either...maybe if I switch them.......ouch...Need another beer.....

Check out what are called suspender hose from Frederick's. Nice thin lace hoisdery belt around the tummy that connects by black suspender cloth to the hoisery. Similar to a garter belt but all one outfit, easier to put on. This solved the problem for me.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Had the same problem. And didn't have a rear good solution except garter belts!! Found some brands slipped more than others and there is a corelation between leg hairs and lotion and skin cleanliness (in my opinion). Maybe not a one-to-one but there's something. Even after I wash them it doesn't seem to help the ones that slip.

Was walking into work one morning, with a pair of thigh highs on and met up with the CEO. We walked in together and as we walked I could feel my stockings slipping down under my slacks!!! PLEASE Don't let them come out from under my slacks!!!!! They stopped at my calvs....hehehe. Mining is such an exciting business....in more ways than you can imagine!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Joanie...I was looking at those and they are sexy...I don't think they come in fishnet....I love fishnets....I will have to recheck my catalouge

Yeah I had that happen in the store once...was weraing sweats over them thatk god....and all I could do is try to act natural....yeah rightall I felt was all eyes on me....but they werent...

How in the world do you keep these things from slipping everytime you move?
    duct tape...

I'm a sheetmetal worker and have tons of the stuff....been a thought...haha

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    duct tape...
    If all else fails try a staple gun lol
    If the skirt fits, wear it

Quote Originally Posted by jennylou
    If all else fails try a staple gun lol
    There ya go! That's what all the macho crossdressers use...
    WAIT...is that an oxymoron?
    I use either a staple gun or liquid nails!

Smile

Don't like the idea of the staple gun or the liquid nails, sounds painful!

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Haza !

Take a piece of cord and clip one to the top of one hose then bring the cord up over your neck and down to the other hose, wala idiot hose ! LOL

Thanks for the idea Bill Cosby

Hanes Silk Reflections thigh high size EF for me. Haven't slipped yet.

I can relate to them slipping when I've had my garter belt give out on one side. I felt the rear clasp go but I couldn't get to the rest room just then to fix it, but wouldn't you know about ten minutes later the front one pulled free.
    Fortunately I could grab it through my pants pocket but,....So here I am heading to the mens room in the mall with one hand stuck deep in one pocket praying I didn't meet anybody I knew, and hoping a stall would be vacant.

Lesson learned: get a good garter belt that won't give out on you in mid stride.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Thigh highs or 'hold ups' as we call them in the UK do not like legs that are too smooth. M&S put a warning on the packet that moisturisers affect the adhesion of the top of the stocking and the two should not go together
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

This stuff I hear works well: http://www.stockingshq.com/sheertemptation/index.htm

Check the size and how you're pulling them on. If you have to stretch them up your legs for them to be long enough you need a bigger size.

Also, most garter belts are pure garbage for actually holding your stockings up! They're meant for the bedroom no matter what the company says. If you can buy it at Frederick's or Victoria's Secret, it won't hold your stockings up all day. The one's that actually work aren't as pretty, but they're more comfortable: Look for something at least twice as wide, with at least 6 suspenders that are also WIDE, and make sure they have metal clasps.

stocking slippage

Hi, First of all you must have the correct size, second are they stretch or not and thirdly a good garter belt is a must!!!! Really good garter belts have metal clips instead of the plastic ones. The rear strap(s) must be adjusted a little longer than the front. A better garter belt has six(6) or eight(8) straps.
    I personally prefer pantyhose(Hanes Silk Reflections), control top. I feel much more secure when I wear pantyhose and the added feature is that they tend to hold my "privates" in. And yes I wear them everyday, for me I'm not totally dressed without pantyhose. Hope this helps and sheds some light on your problem.

Hugs.
    BonnieAnne

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar

Only so far

I find a girdle will move down a bit and then stay at a safe level. I used to worry that the top of the girdle was in line with my belly button and 1/2 an hour later be lower but I once left it and soon it 'levelled out'.
    Or of course, you can't beat an all-in-one corsolette.
    F.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

Looking good

Sometimes my heads not on right either...maybe if I switch them.......ouch...Need another beer.....
    No need to obsess too much, Hon. If you look good and feel good, that's what counts. As Bob Hope used to say:"She may not be Santa Claus, but she can sure fill a stocking!" Ericka

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar

"it Stays" buy it on-line

Its a mild roll on adhesive holds stockings and bra straps up. It's easy to use and remove. I go dancing and no slipage. garter belts are very sexy too.

Steph