Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to the future

Back to the future

If you had the opportunity to travel back in time to prevent yourself from ever becoming a crossdresser, would you? I know my answer but am interested in yours.

Get outa here..!!..are you mad.????LOL...No way.!!!
    Love Nikki. x

No way. I wish I'd come out of the closet years ago. But then again if I did I'd probably not met my SO.

Maria

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar

Not a Chance

This is the "me" I should always have been I only wish I'd discovered it sooner..

Steph

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

if i could turn back time

I would have came out to my parents in my youth and gotten my meds then before puberty. maybe i would have a better body too.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

About as much chance as a snowball in hell

In a heartbeat yes I would without a doubt. Yes I would trade all of the many things I've learned and pain I've experienced for something else. Which doesn't mean there wouldn't be the same amount of pain just different.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

No way Jose! I would however go back in time to take advantage of a couple of CD opportunities I missed as I was too young and inexperienced to understand and seize them at the time.

I would also travel back to the time in a place I worked in the mid 1970s and armed with the knowledge of bitter experience I would ensure that the door of that toilet cubicle (stall) was secured when I used it and was discovered sitting on the toilet pan with my very girly floral patterned panties at my knees by a hostile and very butch and macho co-worker and as a result suffered much humiliation in that job.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Where is that DeLorean? I wanna drive!

Not in a heartbeat would I change. I am who I am. What I would do though is go back and arm my younger self with knowledge that I had learned present day. I would give my younger self the hope and courage to be my true self and not hide behind the fear that my parents had used against me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards
    If you had the opportunity to travel back in time to prevent yourself from ever becoming a crossdresser, would you? I know my answer but am interested in yours.
    Hmmmm....I'm not sure traveling back in time would change that...but if it did...not only yes, but Hell Yes, I'd do it.
    Same goes if there's some kind of pill I could take to not ever desire to CD again...

Untitled
    In one word NO
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Even if I could travel back in time I still couldn't prevent myself from becoming a cd. For me, and probably most of the girls here, this isn't a hobby or a whim, it is hard wired into our personality and there's nothing you can do about it. Sure, the strong of will perhaps could stop but not being yourself results in an unhappy person. I'll never understand cd's that purge every once in a while trying to stop, like throwing out your fem things is going to make you change who you are. Let's assume for a minute that there was a magic potion that would make you stop dressing with just one drink and never get the urge again. Even if this is the case I still wouldn't drink it. Donna is a part of me, and I realized and accepted this long ago. After 30 yrs of dressing I still enjoy and look forward to it and wouldn't want it any other way.

No, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Dee
    Get outa here..!!..are you mad.????LOL...No way.!!!
    Love Nikki. x
    Yeah, I'm nuts Nikki but's that's a "given". You should know that by now. Still, I hadda ask because I've been pondering this question for years. My honest answer would have to be "No" as well. I wouldn't be the person I am today otherwise. As many "problems" as CD ing has caused for me I feel I'm more enlightened by many things and have a better perspective on life. I could see myself as some kind of skid row bum possibly because actually the fact that I was a CD was why I got married. If that hadn't happened, I never would have known my children. Not only that but according to the "laws" of time travel (according to theory), it's possible that myself or a lot of things would not even exist today (butterfly effect) if I changed it. There's a purpose for everything, including CDing. Wouldn't change things for all the tea in China or all the coffee in Colombia. Ericka

RE-Member

Changing Time

This is such a hard question to answer, or rather a hard thing to ponder. I have so much invested in my life and family, how could I ever wish that away?

Not to be cd is not to be me. Can I go back and kick myself in the head for hiding from herself? Could have saved a lot of time wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

NO WAY ERICKA!!!!!!
    I love to be who I am and I'm proud of it.
    How could I live without that lovely woman I see when in fornt of a mirror?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Gosh, I don't think so! If I did I'd be depriving myself of something that gives great pleasure, and why would I want to do that? Anyway, what would I be doing instead?....fishing or something? Not a chance!

(Btw....no offence intended if you're a person who happens to like fishing)
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

No

[SIZE="3"]I've only been dressing a year. I don't know what it is to grow up with the feelings some of you have experienced. I only know that I'm happy with who I am now.

Gennee[/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

No way.

I would pursue my crossdressing with even more determination and vigor second time around !!

Beam Me Up Scotty

So if I could go back in time to prevent me from being me ?? Not possable even if time travel was I'm me and nothing can change that. Take a pill and take this away ? SO would want that I'm not so sure I would then again I would have avoided a lot of pain in the past by doing so. So stop this Erica your confusing me here all ready !!!!! LOL

No, the only thing I would have changed is I would have let Emelda loose on the world sooner and not let my body have got so over weight.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

There was a time when I would have said yes. I hated the feelings I had and felt ashamed.
    Years later I can now say that I wouldn't. It has brought so much joy and happiness to my life that I would want it to be any other way.
    Thank you for asking.
    Rikki
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Banned Read only
    Hi Ericka! I'm Nlenro-nu 2 I know in theory by compression time travel is possible but costly. I would say if I were to go back in time I would've grown up as a female instead living like a male if I knew back then what I know now. I made the mistake listening to others rather than my feelings. Many thought my feelings were just a phase.. the ones that I let know about my crossdressing such as My Teacher and one of my cousins Rosanna (who's passed away last year)! I know I would've endured a different kind of pain than the pain of living in drab as a male! I probably would have been insulted alot more but maybe not. It's hard to say! I won't give up my cding for anything except maybe 2 billion dollars but I would not give up permanently! Male living is boresville, dullsville if you're not the macho type! And male clothes are most uncomfortable except for the satin stuff!

Uh why would I want to do that? If I had a time machine I would use it to hide money that I would use to buy clothes and accessories for when I finally accepted Stacie in my life.