Thread: Oh to have a GG companion!

Oh to have a GG companion!

As someone definitely deep in the closet, my hiiden illusary desire is to have a GG close companion and friend I could visit and would help me with my dressing, advise me and to talk about girly things and who would go shopping with me.

I know it is an illusion because being in th closet and finding someone like this is a contradiction. I jus wonder whether other share this thought
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar

It Can Happen

Carol,
    In the outside world there are women you might meet. ( I just have companions now though). The reasons for not having a woman friend right noe could be for a plethora of reasons, from population in your area to your looks and manners and ohhhh so many things.
    Don't give up if you're not as old as me and it might happen. Hopefully.
    Cheers,
    F.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

I shared that thought until about a week ago. My wife is now working overtime to come to grips with her crossdressing spouse. I believe in her, and I believe we will get through this. But at this point I would give every dollar we have for her to get to a point where we could resume our "old" life together - but without me living the old lie anymore. At this point the thought of a SO that I could go shopping with or share makeup tips with is a very low priority.

Sorry to inject a downer note here....

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

What your saying is that you need a girlfriend. I mean a girl friend. I know exactly how you feel.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

yes carol i too would very much like to have a gg to go sopping with and help me look better and give me make up tips and generally be girlfriends and do all the things that girlfiends do together. But don't think it'll never happen because it could when you're least expecting it someone could walk into your life and say want to be my very best girlfriend ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    What your saying is that you need a girlfriend. I mean a girl friend. I know exactly how you feel.
    Ha !! Thanks Jen, that's a lot like what I was tryng to say
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

female friends

I have two female friends that go out with me dressed. Sunday basically girls day out and we usually go out to dinner, do a little shopping, and usually a movie or two depending on the work schedules for monday. We have been doing this for the last month and its fun. I get tips from them and they help me with stuff like walking and talking. These are two girls I went to college with and they are cool about me dressing and stuff. They seen me before on halloween a couple of years back. They get jealous from time to time depending on what I wear cause they say I look better. Don't see how though but I let them be the judge.

Girls
    thank you for your understanding. there are times when i get a warm glow from sharing posts with cd's and GG's on this forum because they have that understnding which one feels will be unavailable in the wider world.
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I am the same as you in the closet but now at ease with what and who I am. I too would love to find a GG who is ok with what I am. I thought this would never happen and it may not. However yesterday I got a reply from a GG from the hot or not site (where I am listed as a male but am dressed as a woman) and today I got a reply to the message I sent her. We may not ever get together, but we might. So as of now I have hope that it might work out, never know.

All I can say is Never Say Die. Do not give up, ever. She is out there, you just have not found her yet. I have not found her yet either, but I will never stop looking for her.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

I have this and it's nice and all, but I know deep inside she may still have times of regret for this all taking place......but she's supportive of me if I don't go overboard on it...

Plus I gotta be the guy side for her a lot so when that happens she's usually OK with all in the world It's a two way street.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Girl Friends

I am privileged to have several women who have allowed me to share Alyson with them. It's fun to have a shopping partner, and confidante and someone with whom you can discuss clothes and makeup. But, more than anything, to have heart-to-heart "girl talk" about feelings and real life events. I find it's easier to talk woman to woman and be more sincere and empathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by carol ann
    As someone definitely deep in the closet, my hiiden illusary desire is to have a GG close companion and friend I could visit and would help me with my dressing, advise me and to talk about girly things and who would go shopping with me.

I know it is an illusion because being in th closet and finding someone like this is a contradiction. I jus wonder whether other share this thought
    Sounds like you are describing my wife.

She came from Hull, East Yorkshire. I don't know if many of the girls in that part of the country are as understanding, but it may be worth checking them out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carol ann

Move to northern California. I'll help you out
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

know what you mean been wishing for that for thirty years still no girl friend brenda

Hi

I don't know but is there a dating agency out there that caters for CD's looking for GG firends?

Love
    Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by LucyTwitch
    Hi

I don't know but is there a dating agency out there that caters for CD's looking for GG firends?

Love
    Lucy
    Shhhhhh. They might start a new forum!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

then people would be on the wrong forum and then......................
    Last edited by DanaJ; 05-21-2006 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added word "be", please use edit button to make changes to your post instead of posting the change in an additonal post

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    Sounds like you are describing my wife.

She came from Hull, East Yorkshire. I don't know if many of the girls in that part of the country are as understanding, but it may be worth checking them out.
    Well there could be some truth in that because I just live over the water from Hull and I have atleast three other girlfriends who dont have any problems with CDs just that were all attached to one. I have to say tho that in general Ive found the American ladies abit more broad minded than we English, maybe theyre abit more liberal in all their thinking. Im not talking about the GGs on this site because obviously theyre very supportive, I mean the public at large.
    I think that female companionship is something that alot of CDs look for. I run a business helping CDs with makeup etc and many of them have said that they like to come to a female makeup consultant because once made up they love to sit and talk to me. Ive often wondered if its anything to do with acceptance but Im probably seeing more in it than is actually there.
    There could well be someone somewhere for you Dina, but you'll probably bump into her when your not looking and least expect it.
    Take care
    BEV
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 05-21-2006 at 12:38 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG
    I think that female companionship is something that alot of CDs look for. BEV
    Glad you didn't say ""all" lol. After my ex that's the last thing i'm looking for, but then i really don't count myself as a CD either.

Quote Originally Posted by rpservices1
    know what you mean been wishing for that for thirty years still no girl friend brenda
    I know of a couple of CDers who tried the internet dating route and were upfront about their cross dressing. They found understanding GG's and one of the couples is now married.

I know that internet dating can be a bit of a mine field if not done carefully, but it may be worth a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by KewTnCurvy GG
    Move to northern California. I'll help you out
    omg! TEASE !
    wheres my suitcase... oh wait.. (does She find me attractive too?)
    bummer ..too freakin complicated...eh?.. xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "