Thread: low rise jean sizing

low rise jean sizing

I love to wear low rise levis stretch jeans...i fit very comfortably in a size 7 with a little room to move, im looking for a tighter fit....will a size 5 stretch fit me....just wondering

thanks

cindywildcd

Cindy,

I guess it all depends on your build, but I was wrestling with the same problem and cut down from a 6 to a 4. I weigh about 145 and am 5'11" if that is any help. I would say if you have at least 1.5 inches of spare room give a 5 or a 4 a try.

im 5-11, 150 and yes there is about 1.5 to spare...i may give them a try

Hi Cindy. I love low rise stretch jeans too and wear a junior size 9. If you want a tighter fit than the 7, then yes the size 5 would be the next one to try. It should give you the extra snug fit you want.
    Jamie

Banned Read only
    Low rise jeans really only work right if you have nice curvy hips. The majority of women do not even look right in them and end up with a "Muffin Top" look. Thats where that little roll of fat squeases out over the top of the jeans like a muffin when it comes out of the oven.

Seeing as men are not wider in the hips than the waist you will probably need to get a size or two smaller than you are used to.

Warning: If you wear foundation garments underneath, i.e., hip/derriere enhancers that add curvy inches to your figure, beware that it will be a tight fit and you may actually need to go up a couple of sizes.
    Marie