Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: symbols?

StephanieCD

symbols?

Inspired by another thread...

is there some kind of crossdresser secret handshake or sign or something? I used to live with a gay man and he told me of all of these "signs" gay people in his community gave to each other. Different colored bracelets, earrings, rings, symbols, handkerchiefs, and so on... it's a bona fide system - around here, at least.

Do we have anything like that? A symbol or something? Nothing gawdy like the tri-ess logo or a pink triangle... but something we could recognize each other by? Just wondering...

Is there anything like that? And if not - I might have an idea or two. Or maybe someone else does?

No particular reason other than to find acceptance in a crowd, ya know?

Yeah, plucked eyebrows and telltale mascara.

StephanieCD
    You sarcastic bitch, you're just my style

So glad you're doing ok.

Sarcastic? Bitch? Why that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in a while.

StephanieCD
    I speak your language

Small butterfly pins have been suggested in other discussions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StephanieCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    Small butterfly pins have been suggested in other discussions.

Funny, I've owned one for years!

clarissa3d

Well!!!

Such strong language... All this Plucking bitching going on..

Just a note the sign of Mercury is a good one..

Elinor

Wink

You could try wearing a dress: Wig; High Heels & Make-up to work. I should think people would then pick up on it. That you are indeed a Janegirl. Don't know if you would care for the kick-back that would come from work mates. Lets all do this today and see what happens. Then again perhaps another day. Tomorrow is another day. GONE WITH THE WIND man they knew what a dress was in those days.

Julie
    There has been one sign muted which is a blend of the male & female symbols, I hope if someone else has seen it they could post a picture.

JJ

Platinum Member
    hand shakes ,codes,passwords,pins ,buttons, decorder rings, computers,cellphones ,digital camars......i rember when all you needed to be a cder was a stolen pair of pantyhose,............in a few yers you probly nee to take a teast
    things shure have changed

I like the plucked eyebrows. I keep mine fem.
    Danielle

Thumbs up

Here is a link to a site I found with our symbol. I made this offer before but if you want to come in or send a self addressed stamped envelope I will cut it at no cost for fourm members. $2.25 if you want the magnetic backing (if you prefer a less permanent install). PM me for the store address, I don't want it floating freely here .

http://www.gendertalk.com/info/tgsymbol.shtml
    [size=3] >^..^<[/size]

Chandra Marie

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarissa3d
    Such strong language... All this Plucking bitching going on..

Just a note the sign of Mercury is a good one..
    Mecury! Excellent! The shapeshifter, mecurial, ever changing. I like it

hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

StephanieCD
    Quote Originally Posted by KewTnCurvy
    Mecury! Excellent! The shapeshifter, mecurial, ever changing. I like it
    Honestly, I like it tons better than a giant pink triangle with gender symbols in it! Discrete and classy over flamboyant flag flying any day, in my book.

StephanieCD
    The astrological sign of Mercury is traditionally the symbol of transgendered peoples. In Greek mythology, Hermes (the Greek version of the Roman god Mercury) and Aphrodite (the goddess of love) had a child named Hermaphroditus. That child possessed both male and female sexual organs, hence the term hermaphrodite. Also, rituals associated with the worship of Aphrodite are believed to have been highly sexual, involving castration, transvestism, and homosexual relations.

In the symbol itself, the crescent moon at the top is supposed to represent the masculine, and the cross at the bottom represents the feminine. The ring represents the individual, with the male and the female balanced at either side.
    Here is a somewhat stylized version of it...

After digging around a bit it seems it's an accepted symbol for general transgender-hood.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy me
    hand shakes ,codes,passwords,pins ,buttons, decorder rings, computers,cellphones ,digital camars......i rember when all you needed to be a cder was a stolen pair of pantyhose,............in a few yers you probly nee to take a teast
    things shure have changed
    Wendy, good thing we got in on the ground floor ... Not sure that I am in the mood to write any more tests!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Post Ankh

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    Honestly, I like it tons better than a giant pink triangle with gender symbols in it! Discrete and classy over flamboyant flag flying any day, in my book.
    Mecury is to much like the Religious symbol below for me.

[size=2]The ankh is an ancient Egyptian symbol of life. Also known as an Ansata cross, it is a visual representation of a sandal strap. [/size]

[size=2]The horizontal and vertical bars represent the feminine and masculine energy, respectively. This combination of male and female symbols (the cross and circle) in the ankh suggests fertility and creative power. The top loop symbolises the sun on the horizon, and suggests reincarnation and rebirth.[/size]

[size=2]The ankh appears frequently in Egyptian writings about rebirth, and for a short time was adopted by Coptic Christians to symbolize the resurrection of Christ. [/size]

[size=2]The Ankh is also considered to have meaning in Ritual magick and in Wiccan/Neopagan traditions, as a symbol of immortality and completion.[/size]
    [size=3] >^..^<[/size]

Chandra Marie

Platinum Member

me too

Quote Originally Posted by babe4life
    Wendy, good thing we got in on the ground floor ... Not sure that I am in the mood to write any more tests!

Love,
    Vicky

lol who has time for that????????if thay go by posts your in

Platinum Member

just a thought

how abought a sticker..............cd player.........????????

Slightly longer, reddish fingernails from using nailpolish that bleeds into the nails. And please no tests I have to take enough at work.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    Here is a somewhat stylized version of it...

After digging around a bit it seems it's an accepted symbol for general transgender-hood.
    WWHOOOAAAA!!! That sucker looks like it could beam me and my gf's into another galaxy!! I will stick with the plucked eyebrows, painted nails and nylons as reasonable indicators. wenda.

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    How about an Adams Apple?

The problem with any outward symbol, as I see it, is that there are so many living in the closet. Any symbol, however discrete, will sooner or later become known to the mainstream folks the closet people (myself included) are trying to keep in the dark.

Here I always thought left over nail glue on the fingernails was the sign.

Krissi