Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: symbols?

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    I was just mentioning it in case people have no clue who some of the first posting members are that are no longer here. And yes Rachel obvious, but if it's small enough say the size of a cufflink it might not catch any attention. But then again it could become a converstion piece if people see it and start asking what it means. Maybe have it blend into your outfit so as not to be noticed. Just a thought.
    A small item, would mostly go unoticed by the general people, but CDs are alert, and watch and see everything. ---And, if someone did ask what it ment, (well, if you did not think they were with us), a person could Lie !---I have no problem with doing that, if it will protect me from someone being "nosey"!---I might tell them that I am a Star Trek fan, and its just a button, ---(Which I am).------We NEED some kind of identifier!
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Post Lady Bug

Hey Ladies,

The Butterfly is taken, how about a Lady Bug

Ricki B
    Last edited by Paula Rae; 10-11-2005 at 08:21 PM.

This is a great idea, we need something.
    I like the ring idea. It is simple and subtle....even just a small silver band.
    Some sort of symbol would be cool too. I would love something I could have as a lower back tatoo.

Well, i like the idea of a pinky ring, and being an aussie, the seahorse design sounds good to me!

yes, i think as a significant part of the community, we need some form of identification within our own énvironment'.

Lets do something constructive!!!!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Johnstone
    Well, i like the idea of a pinky ring, and being an aussie, the seahorse design sounds good to me!

yes, i think as a significant part of the community, we need some form of identification within our own énvironment'.

Lets do something constructive!!!!

Christine
    I think we have something going here! ---People are starting to think! ----(About time)!---The Lady bug is a harmless little "innocent" that hurts nothing, and is very pretty. ---I have never seen a Seahorse, except in pictures, but I think that ---also, it would make a good "identifier". ------The ring thing appeals to me! How about you?---Lets hear some more input from all of you,---out there!!!!
    We ARE a Sizeable part of the Human community!----All of YOU, and I, are part of this! Should WE let ourselves be BEATEN down, by the "others"?---HELL NO!----I think WE, should Stand Up, for what we are, and Voice our opinions!---Let us adopt a universal sign, that shows WHAT, and WHO, we are!

I came up with this like 8 years ago.. basically picture a female symbol with some square blocks on the side, so as you spin it, it changes from a female symbol to male:
    Last edited by jo_ann; 07-03-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Hey Ladies
    How about these? Found on "Google Image Search"
    Ricki B
    Last edited by Paula Rae; 10-11-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki B Good
    Hey Ladies
    Ricki B
    I like the first two. The first one could only be worn en femme. A pin might work better than a ring when in boy mode. Now we just need an alternative explanation for what the ladybug (or seahorse, or whatever) means.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Hey Ladies
    Ricki B
    I like the 2nd one, the larger ring with the full band and the ladybug. ---If you find, all of a sudden that you are in "questionable" company, (meaning- "the others", or the nosey ones), -You could roll the ladybug to the underside of your finger and conceal it, and to them, it would be just a gold band. ---If you forget to, and someone asks about it,--you could tell them that you were a "nature lover", which wouldn't be far from wrong!!! ----I guess that the same thing could be done with a button, but I just happen to like rings, and gentle creatures, like ladybugs. ---But, that is "just me".---To me, a ring is more personal, always there, always reminding you. ----Just like my wedding ring is always there, ---reminding me,---every time I see it, or when I flex my fingers.-------Very Personal.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lust walking
    ... If you find, all of a sudden that you are in "questionable" company, (meaning- "the others", or the nosey ones) ...
    That's not always easy to know or recognize quickly enough to react.

Ricki, is there any special significance to the ladybug other than the “lady” part? I like it, I just wonder why you chose it.

Might we just agree on the ladybug (or the seahorse, or whatever) and leave it to each of us to display in her own way? I would find it almost impossible to explain wearing a ring like that in boy mode, but as a tie tack, lapel pin, or something attached to my suspender, I could just say it was a goof or a souvenir or memento.

Most nursery rhymes began as subversive political commentary. Here are a few of many many links to "ladybug, ladybug ..." with various theories:

http://www.connectexpress.com/~ips/lady/rhyme.html
    http://www.rhymes.org.uk/ladybug_ladybug.htm
    http://www.fright.com/edge/ladybug.html
    http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/scary.html

I'm sure that with a little imagination we can each come up with a reason for wearing the symbol that is plausible to non-TGs. Of course, it will take a lot more people than the membership of this forum to get it off the ground.

Agreements? Disagreements? Anybody? Maybe we need a poll or something. Then again, we could just pursue it as individuals and see where it goes.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-04-2005 at 03:15 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    That's not always easy to know or recognize quickly enough to react.

Ricky, is there any special significance to the ladybug other than the “lady” part? I like it, I just wonder why you chose it.

Might we just agree on the ladybug (or the seahorse, or whatever) and leave it to each of us to display in her own way? I would find it almost impossible to explain wearing a ring like that in boy mode, but as a tie tack, lapel pin, or something attached to my suspender, I could just say it was a goof or a souvenir or memento.

Most nursery rhymes began as subversive political commentary. Here are a few of many many links to "ladybug, ladybug ..." with various theories:

http://www.connectexpress.com/~ips/lady/rhyme.html
    http://www.rhymes.org.uk/ladybug_ladybug.htm
    http://www.fright.com/edge/ladybug.html
    http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/scary.html

I'm sure that with a little imagination we can each come up with a reason for wearing the symbol that is plausible to non-TGs. Of course, it will take a lot more people than the membership of this forum to get it off the ground.

Agreements? Disagreements? Anybody? Maybe we need a poll or something. Then again, we could just pursue it as individuals and see where it goes.
    I think your right!---We need a poll.----How do we start one?

Question Ladybug symbol?

Hey Rachel Ann,

There is no special significance to the ladybug. Except that we are all Ladies and like you, most are as cute as a bug in a rug, therefore "LadyBug" seems to me like an appropriate symbol.

I agree with "Hot Lust walking" we need a poll.

Ricki B

Tristen Cox
    I agree with "Hot Lust walking" we need a poll.

Ricki B
    I'm sure one of you intelligent ladies can figure out how to make a poll

Thank you, Ricki *blushes* *curtsies*

OK, we need to back up and figure out what the poll would be about.

Have we settled on the ladybug or does that still need to be sorted out? Is there a nursery rhyme about seahorses?

Are we going to try to insist on one way of wearing it (such as a ring) or allow some latitude?

Are we going to do this in a unified way, or everyone for herself and see what happens?

Are we going to try to make some sort of moral from the nursery rhyme? For ourselves? For the "others"? Or is it again everyone for herself?

So let's have some consensus about what we need a poll about.

This is fun.

(Violating Karen's patent ) here are lipstick kisses to all <3

Rachel xx
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-04-2005 at 03:14 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

Tristen Cox
    Yeah just make sure you lot figure it out before you post it, because once it's up you cannot change the options FYI.

I support the poll idea

There only seem to be about four or five contenders for which symbol to use. Do we need an option as to whether or not the way we wear it can be a free choice? I wouldn't have thought so, as I don't think it could or should be compulsory in any way.
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Post Let's do it this way - or not

Nothing can be compulsory, this isn't the government. Unless they make us start wearing pink and blue triangles or something.

Of course there will always be an "other" category. I am a good enough logician not to leave anybody unable to vote.

I'm willing to set this up but I'm going to wait a few days for everybody to get a chance to say what they think the choices should be. There might be 2 or 3 polls, depending on the number of selections for symbol, how to wear it, etc., but I hope not. This ought not to get too complicated. Besides, we want it to catch on and spread beyond this forum!

So, ladies, please try to post your wishes before Friday 7/8, ok?

*hug* *pout*
    Rachel the silly girl who set herself up for this.
    - Robert Hunter

Tristen Cox
    You should be able to have ten options, however I can add more to that as to minimize the amount of separate polls if you like It always adds two more options no matter how many options are already up so I suppose I could just keep adding infinitly

How about we all carry a 20 foot by 10 foot neon sign powered by a tow along portable generator which says (in a very understated an inoffensive way) "I'm a crossdresser and what the f*** you gonna do about it?"
    Just a thought.
    L&P
    Mariej
    xx

PS What does subtle mean??

Post No neon

Hey Rachel,

Thank you for jumping in there, with 1,325 posts under your belt, you have the experience and from what I've seen, the talent too.

I vote for the Ladybug, but please leave out Marie's 20 foot neon sign, as I can't afford the gas to run the generator.

Ricki B
    Last edited by Paula Rae; 10-11-2005 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariej
    How about we all carry a 20 foot by 10 foot neon sign powered by a tow along portable generator which says (in a very understated an inoffensive way) "I'm a crossdresser and what the f*** you gonna do about it?"
    Just a thought.
    L&P
    Mariej
    xx

PS What does subtle mean??
    I think we are starting to get "out of Hand" here!---This is NOT something to be taken lightly, or to make fun of! :mad: ------We are seriously trying to figure out a "Universal sign".---How about, Marie, you give us some input on how to make our poll?------When you get off your "Funny Kick"!----This is Serious s-it!-------

JoannaDees
    It's been said before, but ANY sign you decide on will become public knowledge just like the rainbow. So what's the point? I think the idea behind the sign is some secret signal, but it will not be secret, so again it fails the acid test.

Joanna

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    You should be able to have ten options, however I can add more to that as to minimize the amount of separate polls if you like It always adds two more options no matter how many options are already up so I suppose I could just keep adding infinitly
    Yes, but it depends on how many things people want to vote on. It can get out of control quickly. If you have 5 choices for symbol and 5 choices for how to wear it, that's 36 options when you count "none of the above".

The less complicated and rigid this is, the better the chance that it will catch on. I personally think that we should just settle on a symbol and leave the rest up to the individual, but I'm waiting to hear from the other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by JoannaDees
    It's been said before, but ANY sign you decide on will become public knowledge just like the rainbow. So what's the point? I think the idea behind the sign is some secret signal, but it will not be secret, so again it fails the acid test.
    You're probably right - but if it doesn't catch on *too* quickly, it will remain something arcane and usable - for a while.

The Masons managed to keep their symbol and code phrases secret for a few hundred years. Back when the Romans were throwing Christians to the lions, the "fish" symbol (an acronym of a Greek phrase) worked for a long time. (This is why superimposing the word "Jesus" defeats the point of the symbol.) Of course, the Internet changes everything.

In principle, just going out dressed if you aren't passable could also be a symbol, but who is going to want to do that?

Anyway, I'm willing to go along with the gag and see where it goes.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-04-2005 at 08:45 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

Lighten up
    If u don't like it ignore it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    Nothing can be compulsory, this isn't the government. Unless they make us start wearing pink and blue triangles or something.

Of course there will always be an "other" category. I am a good enough logician not to leave anybody unable to vote.

I'm willing to set this up but I'm going to wait a few days for everybody to get a chance to say what they think the choices should be. There might be 2 or 3 polls, depending on the number of selections for symbol, how to wear it, etc., but I hope not. This ought not to get too complicated. Besides, we want it to catch on and spread beyond this forum!

So, ladies, please try to post your wishes before Friday 7/8, ok?

*hug* *pout*
    Rachel the silly girl who set herself up for this.
    Rachel Anne, Thank you for taking the reins!------If you are up to the task, please lead us!----I do not think it should be compulsary. ---It should be voulentary. ---And as for what kind of symbol, -------Well---anything that is gentle, and hurts nothing.---I like the ladybug, but that is "just me".---A poll will "maybe", decide the first part of it.---And, it may take years to figure out a "Universal symbol". ----------But WE NEED ONE!