Thread: I am scared and upset

Unhappy I am scared and upset

Hey girls!

I was on yahoo chat with this guy who has been sending me many an offline message and we have chatted occassionaly in the past. Keep in mind that my yahoo id is sonia_cd01@yahoo.com and my profile does not hide the fact that i dress.

So in the course of conversation, some discussion about law came up and being a lawyer, I was making the right noises about what he was saying. Eventually he wanted details of my firm and my contact number at which point intuition told me to check if he understood what he understood he was chatting with a CD. So I did ask him if he knew what CD meant and as expected he said no and his guess was 'corporate lawyer'...duh!!! On hearing that I am guy that likes to dress as a woman on ocassion and was not a woman, he freaked out!!

He reaction, even though on chat, was scary and I'm not quite sure what to feel at this point. Its the first time I've had that reaction. Would really like to hear from you girls.

Hugz!
    Sonia

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour
    Been there, done it, I once was in a chat and met a guy who was very much like me and he SAW that I C Ded, we had some pretty HOT chat's and this went on for a little while till one day I open up a little more and all of a sudden he was gone, oh well, that's CYBERland, next thing I knew I had an e mail from him saying he has a F B I friend and if I dont leave him alone he would tell him all about me, haha, big deal. So I think, maybe his wife saw what he was doing with me and got on his case? hey!! no biggie, I replyed and told him just how I felt and said bi, by, bye, just remember, it's cyberland, if it dont feel right, dont do it. huggie's, Ava.

I think I would have found it scary, too. Even though we think we have developed a tough skin, something like this can be very distressing. Just hold onto this - you did nothing wrong, he is the one with an attitude problem.

The inability that many people have, to accept and respect the right of someone else to be different, sometimes turns them into animals. I recall watching the news here in the UK a few years back, when some children in Northern Ireland had to walk to their Catholic school through a Protestant area; adult men and women were lining the route (restrained by the police), shouting abuse and obscenities at these poor, helpless chidren, who were understandably terrified. I find it impossible to understand behaviour like that.

I hope you are recovered from this harrowing experience now, Sonia, and can carry on enjoying the rare gift of knowing what it is like on both sides of the gender fence. Maybe, one day, the world will learn (but don't hold your breath!)
    Here's a little something to cheer you up
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Thanks Ava! I needed that hug. I do hope that it being cyberspace will mean no more of intolerant guys like that. Also, I hope I don't get any calls from the FBI

Hugz!
    Sonia

I have had this sort of mistake come up a couple times (not from anyone mistaking me for a lawyer). My educated guess is that you will not hear from him again.

Then again, he didn't seem to grasp that the correct abbreviation for corporate lawyer would be "CL"... so he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

We're here for you! Hang in there. There are plenty of nice people to meet on the web, with a few nutcases thrown in to make it interesting.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar

Information

So... did you give him the information on your firm? That part was a little vague.
    If you did are you worried that he'll try and make trouble for you with your employer?
    And if the F.B.I does call you just remind them that J. Edgar Hoover was a crossdresser.

Stepf
    Last edited by btmgrl6; 05-19-2006 at 12:00 PM.

I hope you gave him nothing that will allow him to identify you. I believe that part of the benefit and enjoyment of this forum is the feeling that we separate our feminine side away from the realities of everyday life
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_cd
    Also, I hope I don't get any calls from the FBI
    "We're FBI. I'm Agent Morrison and this is Agent Stevens. We have received a tip that you are a crossdressing lawyer and frankly, we consider you to be a threat to national security. I'm afraid you're going to have to come with us."

If you're not back in a week, can I have your wigs?

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    For me cyberspace is meley for entertainment. Chat rooms are notorious places where just about anything goes. Serious discussions to total nonsense. I wouldn't advise looking for too many personal relationships ( there are match maker type sites for that sort of thing, if you feel the need) in chat rooms. And I would be even more cautious about forming any business relationships. I just don't think it's really a good practice. I would certainly never give out any personal information. If I meet someone who interests me I may continue chatting, or go as far as giving out my alternate e-mail address. Just like that guy.... You can never be sure of who's on the other end of the conversation. So just be cautiou and take things with a grin of salt.

Steph
    Last edited by btmgrl6; 05-19-2006 at 12:48 PM.

Aspiring Member

So what!;

If and when you do get any threats from the FBI just tell them you know Fox Muler and where he is in real life and that you will send him in to hack them and ex;ose all about them that will shut them up.

The idiots who do this kind of stuff in cyber
    are really nut jobs i have been personally cussed at and told all kinds of stuff because i did dare to reveal that i was a cd so what.

The fools what can they really do anyway. come on to quote our ever loving foll president bring it on!:

Jay Suzy!:

thats pretty bleah.
    the internet can hold great potential in many different ways ..
    you can find great people online just as you can find total jerks.

its just a matter of keeping your defenses up until you know the person.
    but it can be a good place .. i mean, you found this site .. and i found my wife online too ..
    she didnt even need my credit card details .. or assembly when she arrived.

i dont know if id let the 'cd' at the end of your email, or your profile for that matter, be the only way to introduce yourself to people - i think id go along the lines of 'if i havent said it, dont assume they understand it' .. that way you avoid idiots who arent nice and obviously too lazy to look at profiles of people they are talking to.

D.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

I pulled up ~ sonia_cd01 ~ on yahoo messenger and unless he caught the cd in your name, which not everyone would recognize and know the meaning of, I can certainly see why he didn't know.
    Your profile is blank.
    Marital status ~ No Answer
    Sex ~ No Answer
    Face cropped out of the photo.
    Other than a body covered up in a sari, how could he have known?

Did I have the right profile?
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Dear Grace,

Thanks a ton for the flowers! I am certainly feeling better. Did the one thing guaranteed to put me in a good mood...dressed up completely! I guess it being the first occurance of the sort got me all messed up more than it ought to have.

Btm girl, no worries on the information front. Did not give him anything at all. Thanks for asking though.

Thanks a zillion for the support Erica, it really is very comforting to know there are people, who will offer support unconditionally.

Dee, looks like I'm not going anywhere hun...sorry! As for the wigs, I go with my own hair...so.... sorry!

Jamie, I see where you are coming from. First, he chatted me up over a year and a half ago when no profile was activated and I had specifically told him I was a crossdresser. Second, that profile is not active nor is it updated. Now have a yahoo 360 profile which has the complete case history on me! Do check it out and let me know how I can improve it. Thanks for troubleshooting though, it made me think and see if I led him on in some way.

And a super large bear hug to all you wonderful girls for the support and kind words! I'm already feeling soo soo soo much better!! Thanks!! If ever you need free legal advice, you know where to look.

Hugz and kisses,
    Sonia

Hugs,
    Sonia
    Last edited by Sonia_cd; 05-19-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Be more careful in the future

Hi sonia we all need to be very careful these days. Just about anyone could start up a chat session with you and we might never know who or what they really are. They could be a serial killer, stalker,maniac the list goes on but you know what i mean. At least he didn't get any info on you hun ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

You're pretty anonymous on yahoo, so you shouldn't feel scared of the guy.
    DonnaT

Hi

As long as you dont give out your address, telphone number, where you work. ect

DON"T WORRY

Love
    Lucy

As a cd'ing lawyer, you must have heard about the two judges who decided to try each other!

CD Lawyer HMMMM

That would be the only good part of him in my view !

Sherri

Where are you FBI agents going to take her? I demand to know as I represent her. I am under full assumption that I will be able to find my client at a The Shopping Mall Facility?? Please Let me know as I am eager to confer with my client and yes she has already lawered up so dont try to question her without me being present. Now for the individual on the web as long as you didnt tell him what firm your with and no personal info I would not be concerned, I dont think he is smart enough or even interested in persuing the "relationship". Keep doing what you have been doing dont let him scare you off from opening up to us or others on the web just remember to keep your personal life separate. Have Fun
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Chatrooms are great fun sometimes and I wouldn't worry about FBI or anything else, that was pretty stupid thing for the guy to say. I find lots of people in chat rooms have no idea what CD, TS, TG stand for. Or other things. I used to have a friend whose first name started with D, and mine with K and i would go in the room as k4D and i was always getting private messages asking what kind of dogs i do! Intelligence is really not a requirement to enter those rooms lol.

And since half the "women" in those rooms are really middle aged men (not crossdressers either) I wouldn't worry about the FBI hunting you down hon.