Thread: Being named

Being named

I suppose that this, like a lot of things, has been around, but here's the question: What, as a generic description, do you prefer--girl/girls, gurl/gurls, lady/ladies, or woman/women?

My personal preference is "lady/ladies," but that may come from age. And I suppose "gurl/gurls" is sort of "guy + girl," and an inside joke. Even GG's call each other "guys" these days, but that may be a little touchy, considering.

The only two times I have been mistaken for a female while en drab--okay, a very girly drab, with hair that's longish in the back--I have been addressed as "lady" and (as one of several) "ladies." I didn't object, either before or after the speaker recognized his error. And when my SO calls me "girl," I know I'm in deep trouble.

Esther Jane

I really don't have a preference just as long as it's fem it's ok with me. ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

I prefer not to be called "sir" or "bitch."
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hi

Hate guls, bitch, cow, pirvert ect

Love
    Lucy

When my GF is in dom mode, she calls be a two-bit *****, but, I am ok with that.

Bitchy

I agree with Vanya. I'm looking forward to the day when someone calls me a Bitch to my face. Then I'll know I've accomplished something. My reply to that will be either "Yes?", "Your point?" or "That's MS Bitch to you." As far as the other titles, I guess guys, girls or ladies is okay. Never did like the "word" gurlz. I figure you either are or you're not but "gurlz", Sheesh! Ericka

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

I like "ma'am, lady, ms."

While in public [dressed], I have become accustomed to being addressed as described inthe subject. NO one calls me the other names listed. Woe be it to the person that does...at that point, the word "shrew" might just fit.
    :be: Sharon Rose

Don't really matter what I'm called as long as its not "chick", "bird" or "piece of ass". Would personally never refer to a woman in those terms and hence, would not like it I were called that when dressed.

Sonia