Thread: Saw a man in a skirt at the park

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar

Saw a man in a skirt at the park

I was out jogging at my local park when I saw a guy in a really pretty pleated skirt (or kilt). It was dark green - almost black. He was otherwise dressed as a guy and was walking along with his buddy. Both of them had athletic builds which were somewhat larger than mine so I didn't have the guts to ask him if it was a kilt or a skirt. Kudos to him to wear it at the park - even if it was a kilt, since I don't think I've seen more than 3 guys in my life wearing one in the US. I wanted to ask him where he got it but since I was endrabbe and didn't want to out myself, I opted not to.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

It seems some fellas just have the nerve! A couple of years ago whilst visiting a little tourist village in Scotland, I spotted what I first thought was an attractive girl walking towards me along the footpath, with long black wavy hair, wearing a mid-thigh length kilt (short!) and white ankle socks. It was only as 'she' got closer, I realized it was a youngish (20-something) bloke! He wasn't trying to be all-out femme, just being himself I guess. He didn't seem to have a care in the world, and just smiled at anyone who caught his eye as he walked happily along with a spring in his step, and his little kilt flipping around his bum.

I would gues that it was a Utilkilt. They are made in Seattle
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Ive seen two guys wearing male skirts one in toronto airport and one in downtown frankfurt germany ,I was staying in a hotel in halifax nova scotia
    and both the male and female staff wore kilts .kind of neat .

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny_centaur
    It seems some fellas just have the nerve! A couple of years ago whilst visiting a little tourist village in Scotland, I spotted what I first thought was an attractive girl walking towards me along the footpath, with long black wavy hair, wearing a mid-thigh length kilt (short!) and white ankle socks. It was only as 'she' got closer, I realized it was a youngish (20-something) bloke! He wasn't trying to be all-out femme, just being himself I guess. He didn't seem to have a care in the world, and just smiled at anyone who caught his eye as he walked happily along with a spring in his step, and his little kilt flipping around his bum.
    Absolutley fantastic! This is the sort of attitude that I love. However, I do appreciate that you have to be the right sort of person and you have to be in the right sort of location. Having said that Marla has suggested several times that I should wear a short denim or kaki chino skirt as a girly guy the next time we go to San Francisco and I must say the thought is rather thrilling to me
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I was at the car wash a few weeks ago and there was a guy in a utilikilt. He was driving a pickup with harley stickers.He had a beard, tattoos and was wearing work boots.No one would mess with a guy in a skirt that looked like that.

Banned Read only

Would like to get a utility kilt.

Search utility kilts. Was it like one of those? I was considering getting one to wear for hot days at home and when I get home, until I saw the price $150.
    Some are not pleated and look just like cargo shorts without legs!

Remember Mr T with all of his gold necklaces. No one would mess with him either. Too bad it takes a guy like that to get away with it.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I would say it could have been a util-kilt type skirt, but, I didn't see any cargo areas/pockets...
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Dark Green, almost black sounds like the Black Watch tartan. Dont piss them off.

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar

Angry men in utikilts

I put the title politely, but in reality life is much harsher. Many people are too willing to judge and make crass and hurtfull comments about things that they do not necessarily nor are unwilling to understand. This annoys the hell out of me! When I say this I do refer to the UK, as we seem to be 20 years behind the rest of the world. Society will accept Goths, they wear make-up!! Society will accept Scotsmen wearing kilts, it is the norm. Yet why the bloody hell doesn't society accept cross-dressers??? This annoys the hell out of me. There is too much discrimination in this world!!
    alexis35

Hi

I wear a KIlt full 8 yards of pur new wool and all the rest of the gear (spoaron, prince charlie jacket ect). What you should be asking is what dose a scotsman wear under his kilt?

Love
    Lucy

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

nothing

Quote Originally Posted by LucyTwitch
    Hi

I wear a KIlt full 8 yards of pur new wool and all the rest of the gear (spoaron, prince charlie jacket ect). What you should be asking is what dose a scotsman wear under his kilt?

Love
    Lucy
    Havinf worked with a few scots. and as someong ( don't kill me) learning the pipes i could answer that . but i'll just say this :blushing: The aire can tickle.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Hi

Nothing like a cool breaze on a Ben

In the last 5 years or so I have seen a few younger (20 something) men wearing the utilikilt here in the UK and of course quite a few Scots wearing a traditional kilt. I hope the utilikilt catches on!

As to what a Scotsmen wears under his kilt. Many wear schoolgirls' navy blue , bottle green or other dark regulation coloured cotton knickers and this is quite accepted but now with modern slip type men's briefs coming in dark colours and being very similar to women's panties in design, many wear these instead. A few men go "commando" (naked) under the kilt YEUCH! Whenever I have worn the kilt I of course wear such navy blue etc knickers beneath and I am sure quite a few hesitant British CDs do so as kilt wearing is the nearest we can safely get to wearing a skirt with panties beneath in public.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I went with my wife to her company's Christmas party. There was a guy there in a kilt. No one had ever seen him that way before. He kept telling people that he wears them all the time at home. Not many people got it... but I understood. Everyone was polite to him, but there was a slight "what about that guy" thing going on when he left. However, no one made fun of him or anything.

There is a carpenter show based in Miami that is air on a cable channel like TLC. Anyway one of the show cast got sick or hurt and they were short a person. The owner of the house mentioned that a carpenter live down the street. The host went to the house to talk to the man. When he opened the door he was wearing a kilt. He wore the kilt the entire show. Couple of the cast are the rough and tumble type and when the host introduce the carpenter to them, they at first was shocked then said "cool outfit".

Utilikilt

I have two plus one regular kilt.

Anyhow, I was working at our local Celtic Fest in full utilikilt and working behind a fence that sourounds the office and finance trailer. Several cops present.

Well, I guess I wasn't too careful when I sat down in the open-back folding chair and I must have flashed one of the police more than once. I remember I had on flowered panties.

Late in the day, one of the cops that I had been working with, asked me "Speedos?" I said "ofcourse" and laughed at myself the rest of the evening.

Ain't life as a CD fun?

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    [QUOTE=LucyTwitch]Hi

Weel Lassie
    That would depend on who is on the throne. If a queen then underpants, if a king, then commando.
    And, bye the bye, thats sporan.
    Edwina
    Scotch by absorbtion, Glen Fiddich single malt at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyTwitch
    Hi

Love
    Lucy
    A real scotsman will never tell and there is only one way to find out!

Susan

Please forgive me but what's the difference between a kilt and a skirt?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesah
    Please forgive me but what's the difference between a kilt and a skirt?
    As far as the skirts made for men ie male not crossdressing and the utility kilts not much.

I suspect that there is a cut difference if you put them side by side.
    If someone else out there has a kilt and a male skirt I would be interested in the difference. I have seen them both in stores on the internet and do not see much difference.

A "whole 9 yards" wool kilt and a skirt is a big difference? You can look at pictures on the net. I also found a couple of sites that had a guy putting on a wool kilt, lots of material! I understand 9 yards of wool can be 40 lb US, so only a "Man" could wear one! A long time ago they lived in their kilt so it had to be warm, I gather it is cold in the UK! The guy on one site said in the olden days they did not wear anything under it, no cotton or silk would you want wool underwear!

I love my Utilikilt! Go to: www.utilikilts.com They are a bit pricey, but they are made of seriously good material. I got mine at one of the "Highland Games" here. Now that the weather has gotten warmer, I wear mine outside to mow the lawn, and I just dare anyone to say a thing! I'll just have to bend over and show them what I wear under the kilt!
    Last edited by michellej; 05-26-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    michellej

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by michellej
    I love my Utilikilt! Go to: www.utilikilts.com They are a bit pricey, but they are made of seriously good material. I got mine at one of the "Highland Games" here. Now that the weather has gotten warmer, I wear mine outside to mow the lawn, and I just dare anyone to say a thing! I'll just have to bend over and show them what I wear under the kilt!
    I live in the redwoods in the country. We have neighbors but would not care what they think. Besides the neighbor across the street is Scottish doubt he would care.

Would need to talk to my wife before getting one they are expensive and I am not sure she could handle it, but being 1/2 Irish I might be able to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by michellej
    Thanks for the heads up! Great site. Love the utilikilts. During the summer I go to work dressed quite fem but not "all out". I've never dared to wear a skirt to the construction job sites TILL NOW!!! And just look at thoes guys modeling the kilts. No one in thier right mind would mess with em. Just think; yesterday I did'nt even know what a kilt was! (Dumb Yankee)

I have seen a guy wearing one at a motorcycle show on the SoCal coast.

Petrina cd