Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who takes "your" pictures?

Remote control, tripod. The ratio of good pics is about 5X better than when I was using a timer, plus I'm not constantly scurrying back and forth. Like Marina I also try to put a mirror near the tripod, and sometimes I will plug the output of the camera into the input of a TV so that I can see what the onscreen image will look like.

It's a bit of a pain, but a lot less aggravating than discarding 98% of my photos. (Now I discard about 90% LOL).

Warning to people thinking of buying a camera with a remote: most remotes for digitals only control playback. There are only a couple models that have a remote shutter release. Check the specs carefully!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Smile

i use my web cam
    hugs
    Ronda

My wife most of the time. When out with friends one will always snap them off or our waitress will. Sally2

Photos??? Wow...what a novel idea... I will have to try that! Once my wife took some, but they aren't good.......but another session is definitely in order...

Majority of them are taken using the self timer mode on the camera but on the odd occasion i am lucky to get my wife Alison to take a few.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

Tripod and timer? Hmmm.....my evil twin Skippy takes my pics!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve
    I take my OWN best pics MYSELF with a tripod mounted digital cam with a 10 sec timer.---BUT I practice the pose BEFORE I set the timer---and rush back and assume it--after I get it right.

I also place a large MIRROR just behind the camera-- so I can see what I look like as I cant see thru the camera when I am posing for it.
    Wow that mirror thing is a great idea. I'll have to try that sometime. I feel so awkward trying to pose.

I have used the 10second timer at times, but my wife has been great at taking my pic as well.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    In a word "Timer", in fact it is my pet "Digi Cam's" timer.
    One day, when I am .......... I will ask someone todo it fo me. A drunken stranger preferably. On second thoughts, a totally strange stranger.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Smile

Hey everyone,

Jenni turns into quite the camera hog sometimes. *grins* I take pics for her and try to help with the poses. She seems to feel that she does not know how to stand but I think she looks great. I guess in time she will grow more confident. It has been quite fun at times and has even turned in to something a little more racy! Now those are some great pics! *grins even more*

The mirror trick is an awesome idea and I am sure will help a lot of girls.
    [SIZE="2"]"Health to your enemies enemies"[/SIZE]

My pictures that are in my picture gallery here were all taken by my wife. My current avatar pic was taken by me from off of my webcam.

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cindybarnes
    Just me and my cam with timer here. Mine will still focus using the timer, but wish I had a remote.
    The hardest pics yet were running in a wedding gown with a 6 ft train (trane) ?? to try and pose. Someday it would be nice to get help and try those again

Cindy
    Been there done that
    Thats how my avatar pic was taken. I had to make sure the train of the wedding gown looked right before the camera took the pic.

The spelling of--train----is correct

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour
    I like that idea of a mirror, good thinking, have to try that, ty, Huggie's, Ava

I use the good old timer thingy too.
    Janet Johnson

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/OccasionalWoman84

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile re who takes my pictures

all my pictures are taken at cdi functions or in the cdi appartment by a member ,we always have someone with a camera and we all want to have our pictures taken.love phylisanne

though i haven't posted any in a bit..

me, my tripod, and my camera with a remote.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

A timer with the camera propped up on something (chair, dresser,bed, etc.) Trying to get some with my friends but they seem totally unprepared to take pics and the learning process seems to be a pretty steep curve.
    Dawn

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

Who taks my pics?

Well my sweet grandaughter DeeAnna took the very first pics of me ever! She was 11 then. she 16 now
    Now my sweetheart, wife and best friend, Suzi takes 'em. That is when ever we think about the camera...............................
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

I usually have a friend take the pics when I'm out. I have a tripos but have never used it.

Self exposure.

A few pictures of me have been taken by others but the majority are produced by myself.

Years ago I took my first exposures using a 35mm GAF SLR. It had an eight second, wind up, exposure delay control and I used a Vivitar flash. Not having the courage to give my film to others I shot only B&W and developed and printed my own photographs.

Moving right along, in early 2001 I bought a (Now archaic) Canon Powershot G1 and it has proved itself to be a remarkable piece. At first I relied on the hand held remote device but, after it broke, I easily learned the best part about the system. Plug the camera into a USB port, select options from many menus, select number of exposures and the interval between (Minimum 10 seconds for my setup) and pose away gurl! Shoot 20 and check the results. Make adjustments. Shoot some more!

Oh yeah, I use a tripod too. A bean bag or handy bag of rice can always act as a camera mount in a pinch.

Good shooting!

Debbie

Get as much light as you can and let the camera adjust to it.

I use a camera with timer sometimes but my wife usually takes my pics. The one of my avatar was taken by my boyfriend along with several I cannot post, hehe.
    Danielle

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar

Who takes "your" pictures?

Timer for me too but sometimes have problems with positioning camera. (to lazy to get the tripod out)
    Thanks for the bean bag tip Debbie. I have been taking photos for many years and never heard that one before.
    Edwina

I take my own and from some of the pics it is quite obvious I have no clue about lighting, photography etc. I keep practicing anyway, and having fun.

I take my own photos, timer and tripod methord. Need to practice with the camera settings though. Also need to work out the lighting thing to, only have a couple of places sutible to take pics were there is not to much clutter in the way.
    Any experts out there like to share simple tips reguard lighting (natural from window) with us ??
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

I set my camera on a tripod in front of a full length mirror. That way I can check my pose before the camera snaps the picture.

Hugs
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

digital camera and tripod

digital camera and tripod vote here too.

My wife is not the best photographer I've seen. And she never listens to me, you know.
    And yes, it is a bit of trick to set the timer, click and get composed in less than 10 seconds. I've deleted far more shots than I have kept.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"