Thread: Make up and French women

Make up and French women

This link has a very interesting story on Fench women and how they wear make up VS American women. Worth reading.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/25/fa...8cf&ei=5087%0A
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    sorry, but I found the whole article to be ridiculous.

just trying to say we're french .. therefore we're better than americans.

Here's a quote:
    "Nicole Richie and Britney Spears have that overdone look, the French say. Madonna is forgiven since she is seen as a hard-nosed businesswoman and free spirit. Jennifer Lopez doesn't count because she is Hispanic and therefore culturally more exotic."

silly.

~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Gee, to read the posts on the forum here though most women look like dudes ....but to the French we wear too much make up.....gee methinks we can't win.....

Actually kinda funny since so many make up companies are based in France. Saying how trampy we look is NOT the way to make us buy more L'Oreal! Although...Laura Mercier does sell one of the most expensive skin creams {like $150 for a half ounce or something ridiculous} maybe she would rather us North Americans purchase more miracle cream and less $7 mascara to look pretty.

...okay going to hide back in my dark damp corner .....

Well if that picture is anything to go by, she looks like she was dragged through a hedge, her skin looks awful... if they think that 'invisible pores and highly polished skin' looks good... they have a lot to learn.... what a load of rubbish
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Mer'de

Oui Oui, I too adore my (passionate) fresh f**ked face!
    Zee sparkle in zee eyes and zee healthy glow.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Different tastes

I love the way a girl who is well made up looks. Of course it should not look caked on but I do find a made up look attractive. The girl in the pic was cute but I do think she would have looked better with a bit more make up.
    We CD's have to wear more make up to hide our beards, in our case the least we can get by with, the better.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Down with the French....Why do people hold them in so high regaurd? They are far unatractive than the other European nations............oh and the Americans.....Heck....Latinas are way more put together than they are........I beleive the french have brainwashed all of us at some point or another.......I am not racist either....was married to a beautiful black woman for 6 years.......

Quote Originally Posted by sierracd6
    oh and the Americans.....Heck....Latinas are way more put together than they are..
    ....no, I can't go there.....

I bet MtF crossdressers in France wear make-up!

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Many years ago, we sponsored a French student who was visiting as part of a school group. She had a pamphlet with here that gave the students some helpful hints about "Americans". Since I read French fairly well I was surprised to see one line that essentially said were obsessed with bathing. Go figure!
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Let me get this straight, I wear little or no make up for thirty years( or so) I finally decide that I want to wear it and its going to go out of fashion?

oh pooh

By the way great article, thanks for posting it
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sage GG

Sad

The joy to be a Uk or American CD: high heels, full feature makeup, shaved armpits and bubble bath once a day, normal life. Others walk in "gougoune", don't wear makeup, are hairy and smell "sporty", it's the only way to pass.