Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity, or trap?

Opportunity, or trap?

Our company has gotten really serious about customer service, believing that is the only thing that differentiates us from anyone else in the industry. I agree.
    They also believe that exceptional staff attitude is the basis for exceptional service. No Question.
    So, at a team meeting last week, one of the suggestions was a Staff vs Management ball game. Good idea. Since my glove is at the lake, I will keep score, ice beer, whatever.
    This morning, one of the other managers came by brandishing a registration form she had produced, recruiting sign-ups for this game. Asked for people who knew of locations for defibrillators to be listed, the usual good stuff. She is very athletic, competetive and has great shoes. She had positions, manager, cheerleader, etc. I signed up under 'cheerleader'. I am the marketing person. Makes sense, right? As she left, she said, "Thanks, and of course you know that requires a short skirt and pom-poms!" Does she have a hint? Not to worry.
    By noon, there were several names on both sheets. At 2:30, just prior to an important meeting, I went by a half dozen women around the sign-up sheet, all talking about how I was going to be dressed as the Management Cheerleader! I commented that, when I signed the sheet, there was nothing indicating any kind of dress code, at which point one of the very busty managers appeared to be filling in the dress code section.
    I have thought about this tonight. I went by a discount store and, lo and behold, found a short black (slightly ****ty) skirt that fits. Covers the top third of my thighs. Is this a sign?
    Some of the staff know about my aluminum Bras With Bling bra. I am thinking, black (ladies) turtleneck, C forms, WalMart bra, black pantyhose, tucked, little short black skirt. Question: silver go-go boots and gloves, or black alligator boots and black gloves?
    What do Cheerleaders do nowadays? I will take one for the team, but is this too dangerous? When I posted about "Bras With Bling" I got some good feedback. This is scheduled for next Wedesday. If I do it en femme, I need to find an appropriate wig, and get one of the local spas to do my makeup.
    DEAL or NO DEAL?

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

CheerLeader!!

Wenda, I would go for it!! DO the best, and be the best cheerleader uyour Co. could have. Sounds like it could be fun. But if you are seriously worried this is some kind of a set-up, is there a way to check it all out before you jump in?
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

Banned Read only
    Most of them will think you're doing it for fun (meaning to amuse the others) and may never catch on you CD if that's what you're worried about.
    I'd do it...probably get away with it and never hear of it again.

Good Luck.

If I were in your position, and if I had the slightest suspicion anyone at work knew of my crossdressing, I'd take the cheerleading role, and I'd dress as Keith Flint out of the prodigy.

I prefer to leave my crossdressing until after work. I think it makes life less complicated.

I'd shun this like the plague! If it goes wrong then you have revealed yourself and even although it was 30 years ago now I can still bitterly recall how being accidentally outed at work can make your life a misery.

For my part "Work" and "Life" are two separate planets . I travel 5 days a week to Planet Work from my homebase on Planet Life and am friendly towards the lifeforms I encounter there I, but I can't and don't live on "Work" and do not invite the aliens from that system into my personal existance on Planet Life.

Accordingly I would not have anything to do with such an activity unless the alternative was to be sacked from that job. Work to me is to provide the money to live Life away from Work and I ask my employers to "Butt Out" of my leisure and quality time.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Not exactly the same, but close!

http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/se...baton+bob&c=av

Click on the title Baton Bob Gives Life a Twirl and watch the video. (There will be a commercial first).

Bob certainly has a great attitude!

(About your question-- be careful. It doesn't take much for gossip to start. Only you know your work atmosphere can handle. If they're a fairly decent bunch, then go for it. If not, ask yourself if you could take the negative vibe that may happen.)
    Last edited by susandrea; 05-29-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    ....we are all made of stardust

id go for it.
    it sounds like you have their respect at work and are also a nicely close team too .. so why not?
    go play around and enjoy the day, im sure they will see the good side of it.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

another sign!

I bought some large pantihose two weeks ago, in the sale bin for $.94. Tried them on tonight. They not only fit, they have a seam down the back. Too Sexy! That has to be another sign!!
    When I ask about a trap, I am not referring to a deliberate or malevolent trap, but a situation that one inadvertantly wanders into. I think I may approach the sexy leader with the great shoes and ask for some assistance in dressing, and see what the reaction is. Meanwhile, here I sit in my new p.hose, tucked, alligator boots, sexy little black skirt, forms, lacy black bra, black ladies turtleneck and black long satin gloves. Starting to feel like an underground cheerleader. What do cheerleaders do nowadays? (Don't say 'screw the team"!!) thanks for your thoughts. w.

[SIZE="4"]Do you like to have fun? Do you like to laugh? CAN you laugh with others at your own expense? Do you wanna do it? Could you see it as going further than others to be a promoting part of the team you work with? Whats the problem? Its an oppotunity that I read about so many waiting for Halloween to get something the same. For the life of me I cant see why you wouldnt! And later if you were outed, blame your work colleagues and get some $$$ and free tg councelling. Is a win win really! O and if they give it too hard after there is always stress leave so you can get paid to wear whatever you like!

Good luck!
    [/SIZE]
    We have to weather the storm before we can enjoy the sunshine

Go For It!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Ryan
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"] Is a win win really! O and if they give it too hard after there is always stress leave so you can get paid to wear whatever you like!
    Melissa, I loved that one!

Wenda, I would do it. Heck, I bet many "straight" (not CD) men would do it, just for fun.

I don't think that I would wear all black though, "cheer" seems to call for some lively colors. Pink, perhaps? Hee, hee.
    Hugs,
    Brianna L

I'd go for it

I've been part of my University Cheerleading squad for a little over a year now, so ask if you need any tips! heh. Here's a piccy of me in my uniform:

Question: silver go-go boots and gloves, or black alligator boots and black gloves?
    I wouldn't go for boots or gloves. Wear white trainers. Cheerleaders need to be very energetic and move around a lot! Also I'd avoid black. Go for light, bright colours! You'll probably be better off hiring a cheerleader uniform from a fancy dress shop.

What do Cheerleaders do nowadays?
    That depends on the cheerleader! It's evolved quite a bit from just waving pompoms at the sidelines, although some squads still do that, quite a few do highly energetic routines envolving advanced stunts, dancing, gymnastics, jumps, etc. although you might find that a bit hard if there's only one of you! So unless you can do any gymnastics (Cartwheels, Roundoffs, Flips, Walkovers, etc) and you're not flexible enough to pull of a heel stretch or scorpian, you're pretty much limited to dancing around & cheering, getting the crowd going!
    Last edited by Minaki; 05-30-2006 at 04:32 AM.
    Cheerleaders are angels, we are the only humans that can FLY!
    (Yes, I am actually a real cheerleader! )

Julie

do you like your job and life like it is?

Then don't. A cheerleader outfit with sneakers, a beard and hairy legs..sure.People would probably laugh. An attempt to look like a woman? Wouldn't take a genius to connect the dots on that one. Make sure the "pink fog" doesn't make you do something you'll regret in a big way.

Are you sure you want to wear black out in the heat? It's probabally going to get really hot and black will only make it hotter for you in the blazing sun. Do it have a little fun with it but rethink the color of your outfit. Yea approach the one with gteat shoes and do ask for help it'll kinda test the water so to speak.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Banned Read only

Rah Rah, Sis Boom Bah!

I think the skirts worn by UCLA, cute short pleated, white with trim at the bottom are the absolute best and what I would try for, but not the sweaters they wear - - too hot in the summer. Id wear a t that matched the trim on the skirt, which BTW, comes with white spandex panty bottoms that are so sexy. To be on the safe side, get hold of a megaphone so you dont have to jump around too much, can't have the boobs falling out, and lead the cheers in your best masc voice!

Go ahead and do it. If anyone asks why the complete costume was necessary, just say "I dont believe in doing stuff half-assed. I signed up as a cheerleader and a cheerleader you'll get."

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    I hate to be a stick in the mud, but did you ever stop to think that she was kidding you about the skirt? You know... like cheer leaders wear skirts, or maybe she was trying to hint that the girls should be the cheer leaders.
    I am not trying to rain on your parade. If you have read any of threads and or posts, you'll have found that I am all for coming out.....damn the torpepos and all that. How would you feel if you showed up in a skirt and.......and the reception was not what you expected. you could play it off as a joke...ha ha ha.
    Sounds a bit risky to me.. please be careful.

Steph

the better you look

the more fun you'll have

and the more likely they all know your "interests"

i think only you can decide..

if you like your job and it pays the bills, pls be careful!!!!!! its a real world out there, and not everyone is as tolerant as they should be

not fair, but true

good luck!!

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I have to agree with the girls that suggest being conservative and not doing it. I don't think I would want to be the big joke at the office. Maybe in front of friends on Halloween or a costume party, but not for work people. That is unless you are already outed and they accept you.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Lots of great answers. I picked up a nice little white skirt, some new white joggers, and a backless white top. Yesterday another person, lady, signed up as cheerleader. She is in the same position the the lady with great shoes. She is coming in tomorrow, and I am going to check with her before I get carried away. In the meantime, I have two great cute little pleated skirts which I have been looking for, a pair of leather joggers which are comfy and were on sale at Payless for $15, and a great new top on sale for $7.... all the signs....
    I will keep you posted. If I do it, I have already decided not to wear breast forms. They just look too great under the top. I will use nu-bra just to give a hint of bosom. We'll see.

Go for it if you want, but don't be too good! You seem to already be on to that with the breast forms. If you move very femme normally, don't when cheerleading. They'll notice if you look too comfortable and natural.

That doesn't mean don't have fun, just don't look like a pro crossdresser!

Let us know how it comes out.....and don't forget the pics!

Good luck!

What's the bet?

The issue with this opportunity, like so many similar others we've seen here, is what are you wagering on this? What can you lose, and what can you win?

If at the end of the day, everybody has a good time, and your 'cheerleader' schtick either goes over well, or at least doesn't hang a big pink "Transgender" label on your back, well, wot th'ell, Tony? It almost looks like a free pass! This could be one of those memorable corporate events that lives on in people's minds for years. "Remember that party we had back in '06? Mr. What's-his-name, you know, VP of Engineering, came as "Wenda, bimbo cheerleader. He was OMG fantastic! I so admired his self-confidence and nerve to do that!"

But, it is your job, after all. How secure are you in it otherwise? If you're one of the folks the company can't possibly do without, and you are appreciated by everyone, you will probably be *more* appreciated after this, as a person who can "put it on the line" for a good time. But, if you're worried about your next performance review, or (worst case), you've been caught pinching the posterior of the VP of Human Resources, I'd give it a pass .

Hugs,
    Susie
    Last edited by susiej; 05-31-2006 at 12:02 AM.

Hey hun if you can take all the laughing and joking that'll probaly come along with it, have a blast!!! its like another halloween, i would jump for it in a heart beat!!!!

This sounds like a GREAT Opportunity! Go for it and have a Super Time of it!!!

Sounds like fun but

It's a tough one. It could be lots os fun but there is a risk. Only you know how conservative the upper ranks are and how will it affect your career in the short and long run.

Quote Originally Posted by sportschick
    Then don't. A cheerleader outfit with sneakers, a beard and hairy legs..sure.People would probably laugh. An attempt to look like a woman? Wouldn't take a genius to connect the dots on that one. Make sure the "pink fog" doesn't make you do something you'll regret in a big way.
    DITTO"S here big time !