Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear and not try to pass?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Do you wear and not try to pass?

Do any of you wear feminine clothes in public without trying to "pass." I don't mean wearing a dress, that would be too obvious. I go out all the time in ladies slacks, shorts, or even an occasional skort. I always wear a very feminine top, and since it is summer and my toes are a pretty red I wear open toed sandals. In fact, on Sunday evening I went to a J C Penney store wearing white slacks, white sandals (no stockings, of course), and a blue/green camisole with a matching shirt that hung open. I was also wearing a 42C Bra with forms, and course some pretty panties. I did get a few "looks," but no comments to me. The really neat part was that I was buying a pair of Turquoise sandals to match the White ones I had on. The lady clerk got the box from the storeroom, opened it and said, "Does the lady wish to try them on?" As she said that she was looking down and could plainly see that I was wearing the same sandal in white. She looked up at me, gave me a big smile, and said, "do you need to try them on?" I said, "no, I love the fit, just wanted another color. She giggled and said she didn't blame for that. She also asked me what color my toes were, and I told it was "Big Apple Red by OPI.

...well what you described isn't much less than a dress. Sounds nice but still not really different.

I wear blouses many times and always hosiery, always while being completely in my male role, to work and after. So far no one has said anything other than compliments - from the girls and the guys. One very male work mate complimented me on one of my blouses and I responded by saying he could wear it to. To which he responded, not him, it looks good on me, I can wear such INTERESTING tops, he can't. Oh well.

J

I wear jeans and pants almost daily to work. Occasionally I wear a blouse but not often. I wear boots with a mid heel a lot during the winter.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    No offence is mean here, but to me the title could have been do you do half a job when dressing?

to me it all or nothing, there is no half way, but I can understand what your trying to say here, and i think it depends very much on your mindset and your goals, ie I know this is a generalisation but the TS, who is comfortable with her look and direction she is going in, and therefore she is less likely to want to go through the daily routine of complete changes and make overs, where as the occational TV would actually relish the chance to change fully, and therefore that full make over ritual is a major part of the dressing and goal is to look as fem as possable.

Basically with all things and peoples views and wide range of likes, in this pastime, most of all, it should be something you feel comfortable with, and sometimes dressing down, and relaxing, can be just as enhancing as dressing it up!

most of all, and most important, is to be happy and comfortable with what you do!

Good Luck
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Getting Ready

Although I've "dressed to pass", perhaps that is not my real goal.

I want to go out in a skirt and tank-top, sandals (with red nails), but no makeup and no wig. I may try this next week, but right now I'm looking for a certain top to go with a denim skirt.

Looking good at home can be quite different then looking good enough to go out in public. And being a man in a skirt is another look all together.

Yes, maybe I'm trying to make a statement, that it's ok for a man to wear the clothing he/she feels comfortable in.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Almost all of my clothes are girl clothes. Most are hard to detect so when I go out I know but nobody else does. I do not try to pass as I coulodn't if I tried but I do push the envelope sometimes with my clothes. I have had gg's look twice but only one ever said anything and not to me.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Passing Huh?

Yeah, I do try my darndest to pass. From what I have been told I do quite well. But it's like loads of work. Is it worth it. " Like Yeah " thats why I dress, to feel more female, even though I'm not a female. It makes me feel great when I look pretty. Nuff said! LOLOL

Haley P. Kemp

Rarely

Your outfit did seem pretty out there. On rare occasions I've worn something under my clothes, so nothing overt. A little powder or lip color is easy to do. But I think about it all of the time. Only recently have I learned to appreciate capris. I'd love to wear them in the warm weather with some sandals with kitten heels. Not gonna happen any time soon though.
    Jerry

Nails in public

What a great topic......
    My nails are french manicured (about 3/4 inch) done by a nail salon. I wear my nails in public all the time and it's the only femme thing that I have on. Most of the time I do not fully dress and just wear my nails. I get many looks and comments (most good I must say!) I have many women say they love my nails and wish they had them....you talk about a great feeling!

It's gotten to a point that I think most folks aren't shocked by anything any more. Most people have seen it all....

Take care......

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I spend most of my time in drabby-fem. I almost always wear ladies pants (jeans, khakis, or shorts), and I don't wear any men's shoes anymore since I bought another pair of ladies sneakers. I never wear any ladies tops out endrabbe though since I haven't found comfort with them yet. I have longish nails and have my piggies done all the time (but nobody sees them).
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

I regularly wear jeans (ladies) and wear knickers daily.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie
    Do any of you wear feminine clothes in public without trying to "pass."
    Yes. In public, it's as near to crossdressing as I get.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I never wear men's shoes anymore. Fortunately, I can dress casually at work, so I'm able to pair a pair of laadies Levis with a pair of women's Nikes and nobody even notices!

Concerning crossdressing in public, I have been known to leave the house wearing women's clothes, but without a wig or makeup. It really doesn't bother me.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

All or nothing for me now. When I dress its the full monty, wig, forms, makeup, jewellry etc etc. I think I can pass at a distance and that is what I'm striving for as I know that close up I'll never pass.
    Last edited by Gemma Rhodes; 05-31-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Am I just weird ? Please share your opinion !

I am 38 hetero Male CD who would like to one time try the complete outfit in public. ( wig, makeup etc ) . However, I constantly find myself just putting on a dress and pantyhose and bra ( that I stuff ) and sometimes heels and then taking a drive in hopes of being seen by women and only women. No wig or makeup so it's totally obvious I am a male. I actually would like to be seen by women. It's a true rush for me ! Am I alone in feeling like this and dressing without hiding the fact that I am a male ??? I would like your thoughts and opinions. Thanks, Jim PS If you live in Central and Southern NJ or are near by and want to talk, I am always looking for new friends so drop me an email at pantyhoseloverrr@yahoo.com

RE-Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLovesHotPink
    I am 38 hetero Male CD who would like to one time try the complete outfit in public. ( wig, makeup etc ) . However, I constantly find myself just putting on a dress and pantyhose and bra ( that I stuff ) and sometimes heels and then taking a drive in hopes of being seen by women and only women. No wig or makeup so it's totally obvious I am a male. I actually would like to be seen by women. It's a true rush for me ! Am I alone in feeling like this and dressing without hiding the fact that I am a male ??? I would like your thoughts and opinions. Thanks, Jim PS If you live in Central and Southern NJ or are near by and want to talk, I am always looking for new friends so drop me an email at pantyhoseloverrr@yahoo.com
    You are what you are Jim. Sounds like a fetish where you want to be humiliated in front of women. A fairly common one I think. And a benign one at that. So no, not wierd, but it's all relative as there are many right-wingers in this country that would think otherwise.

Back on the spirit of this thread, I do go out dressed "alternately", not full monty, just what I like to wear. Sometimes nothing, sometimes "are you gay?" How does one explain I just love to wear these shoes, this top, these shorts, these jeans? Perhaps I too am weird.

Smile not pass

I often wear make-up,eye-shadow,mascara,gloss,etc when I am just going out in full drab.Just lightly but noticeable.

I'm also one that doesn't dress to pass. I wear girls low rise stretch jeans or girls shorts, a ladies gold watch, bracelets, lip gloss, and perfume. I'm also completely smooth shaven all year round and have very long fingernails. I feel very feminine and comfortable in public like this and have never had a desire to go out with wig and full makeup trying to pass.
    Jamie

Banned Read only
    I try my best to look good. It's mother nature who counteracts my best attempts.

Last summer before we sold the house and the wife arrived, I would go out dressed in panties, bra, ladies T-shirt, Ladies slacks, and ladies running shoes. No makeup or wig. I was dressed as a female, but no one noticed it and I was addressed as a male. Sometimes I even had flesh colored lipstick on too. All fem but looking like a typical male. LOL

I almost never dress to pass. I'm just the definition of a crossdresser .. I just like wearing the clothes .. aka TIGHT low-rise jeans!
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

Actually A Robot
    Hey there. Nowadys, I dress in women's clothes almost all the time, but I guess you can still tell I'm a guy, but not even necissarily(?) women's clothes, aside from the fact that they're tight fitting. These are simply the clothes I want to wear, and I will, because it feels right.

Also, the way I (and possibly others) dress differs depending on the occasion. Girl's clothes can be casual, sporty, a little dressy, fancy, any number of things. So I would assume that if you're dressing up a bit fancier, you might try harder to pass (unless you are going for the "guy in a dress" thing).

Tracy you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_Victoria
    No offence is mean here, but to me the title could have been do you do half a job when dressing?
    But I do take a huge offense to those words!!!!!!! :mad: But I also thank you for going on and explaining yourself in the post that we need to be more open and that we need to be "something you feel comfortable with".

IMHO words and phrases like:
    half a job dressing
    be more of a crossdresser
    natural progression of a cder
    real cder
    you will feel the urge to do more as you get older
    one needs to pass
    I can not go out without my look perfected
    I can not go out with facial hair
    I do not pass, so I can not go out
    I will never pass so I am stuck in the house/closet forever
    ...and many others.

While I believe most of us do not use these words and phrases to push others, I do, IMHO, believe they do push other CDers to do more than they may not normally do, or prevent/limit them from doing what they may otherwise do. So I really try not to use phrases like that.

To the thread topic.... I am a guy to likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
    I have a variety of unisex clothes that I mix and match with my males clothes. And there are even some days I am even in all unisex Femme clothes but still presenting my male self. My ultimate personal goal is to be similar to current GG's where I would be to be able to wake up in the morning and decide what to wear from a variety of feminine and masculine clothes and be able to wear what ever I wanted for the day that fit my mood and the places and things I was going to do for the day.

What I have been wearing this week can be found at: http://www.crossdressers-forum.com/f...pic.php?t=6712

KimberlyS
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I frequently go out dressed in fem clothing and shoes even heels, but usually clean shaven and wearing a wig but not really trying to pass as a woman, but when like this I never wear a dress or skirt, and i'm usually with Ann marie.
    But on the other hand if you have looked at my picture thread I would have to be at a convention for the visionally impaired to pass as a woman anyway.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoannaDees
    You are what you are Jim. Sounds like a fetish where you want to be humiliated in front of women. A fairly common one I think. And a benign one at that. So no, not wierd <snip>
    Interesting thought Joanna. What you describe is certainly out there, classically in the "sissy maid" fantasy. On the other hand I've read an academic psychologist (of a fairly conservative cast) who argues that the commonest hetero CD fantasy is that women in general will find the genetic male's crossdressing to be a turn-on.

So I'm not sure which of these two directions JimLovesHotPink is coming from, and of course maybe he's coming from some third direction I know nothing about until he tells us more (and I hope he does, I thought his post in this thread was interesting).
    Last edited by Julie Avery; 06-01-2006 at 02:39 PM.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."