Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdressers, how many are TG

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Amazing the diffrent ideas and comments, that come out of a simple question! Hmmmm?0.02
    Haley P. Kemp

Banned Read only

Just learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S
    Me not.

Though labels are probelmatic, there is no communication without them, but just cants or long explanations.

That's without any doubt absolutely true, but who are you ???
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="4"] I assume this is a rhetorical question.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

If there are doubts, you just have to define the lables or make clear that everybody has kind of the same understanding. This way you can make sure your statements are understood in the right way.
    [SIZE="4"] Did not mean to say we could get rid of labels just would like to tone them down.[/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Lables are only problematic if they are INNACURATE or MIS-Labels---We cant think about concepts or make any intellegent conclusions without using lables of some sort.

Because some people are MIS LABLED does not mean that we have to throw away ALL lables---but conversely, make NEW, more accurate ones.

Try thinking about something that does not have a name--Its IMPOSSIBLE. Lables unify CONCEPTS so the brain can handle complex information. A concept not tied together with a unifying word "spills" out in all directions and we cant get a handle on it--just like a package that has no string to hold it together.

Unfortunately there is NO agrement in this feild (CD/TG) as to the lable definitions on either side of the Atlantic or even between different "schools" or individuals---So THATS why it is very important to always DEFINE the terms you use in all communications.---I see a good start has been made in this thread.

I am Me....and that is who I am.....IAMME...........now I may Crossdress, I may take something to get bigger tits and I may wear makeup....But here is what I am... lable me. IAMME.
    Last edited by Dee 1062; 06-01-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    Dee Dee

I assume this is a rhetorical question.
    As rethorical as the statement "You are what you are" or "I am me"
    It contains no information, but that's what's needed to talk - exchange of information.
    (Which color is Red ? Red ! So what !)

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311
    [SIZE="4"] Did not mean to say we could get rid of labels just would like to tone them down.[/SIZE]
    Well my impression is that they don't need to be toned down, as wall as we don't need 1001 sublables. Sometimes redefinitions are required, but everything else leads to confusion.

Marina said the rest.

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

I am just me

I dont know I have come to terms with being under the transsexual name because I am on hormones and I am living as a woman and I plan on surgery. But through all the names and other lables all I know is one thing. I am me. Charlaine Cadence Nordin. Woman and happy. what my body shows is no matter seeing as it is something that can and will be fixed in time.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

I happen to like labels, I mean can you imagine walking into the superstore and finding all the labels on the tins/cans gone then what?? close your eyes and pray you're getting salmon and not baked beans silly girls....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I started out as CD but now know for sure that I am TG. My goal is to be TS in the end. I am more comfortable about myself as her, want to be my female self 24/7. Just have to take it slow and put all of the pieces into the proper place first.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Defining terms

While doing a research on "Gender Identity" on Google, I've found an interesting glossary:
    "Sexual Identity and Gender Identity Glossary"
    http://feminism.eserver.org/sexual-gender-identity.txt

I extracted the terms that have been discussed so far in this thread:

Cross Dresser (CD) One (regardless of the motivation) who wears clothes, makeup, etc. which are considered (by the culture) appropriate for the other sex but not one's own.

Fetishistic Transvestite A Transvestite who consistently eroticizes Cross Dressing. May also eroticize fantasies of gender/sex change.

Pre-operative transsexual (Pre-op TS) One who is actively planning to switch physical sexes, mostly to relieve gender dysphoria. Probably, but not necessarily, cross dresses, takes hormone therapy, and gets electrolysis. (See transsexual.)

Transgendered (TG) One who switches gender roles, whether just once, or many times at will. Inclusive term for transsexuals and transvestites.

Transsexual (TS) One who switches physical sexes (usually just once, but there are exceptions.) Primary sex change is accomplished by surgery. (See SRS.) Hormone therapy, electrolysis, additional surgery, and other treatments can change secondary sex characteristics. (See Pre-op TS.)

Transvestite (TV) One who mainly cross dresses for pleasure in the appearance and sensation. The pleasure may not be directly erotic. It may be empowering, rebellious, or something else. May feel comfortable in a focused transgender role while cross dressed. May occasionally experience gender dysphoria.

This is not meant to be an absolute set of definitions, there is no such a thing in human matters...

Eugenie

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    I guess my viewpoint is somewhat different:

CD = someone who only dresses as the opposite sex
    TS = someone who takes hormones and/or undergoes FFS/SRS/etc
    TG = catch-all term which includes both CD and TS
    Like the Girl Says

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    I guess my viewpoint is somewhat different:

CD = someone who only dresses as the opposite sex
    TS = someone who takes hormones and/or undergoes FFS/SRS/etc
    TG = catch-all term which includes both CD and TS
    with Katrina on this, I consider myself transgendered but have no plans to transition or have gender reassignment surgery.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG
    I happen to like labels, I mean can you imagine walking into the superstore and finding all the labels on the tins/cans gone then what?? close your eyes and pray you're getting salmon and not baked beans silly girls....
    sure ... then, beans or pickles in glass jars are available too..though without lables the "flavor" could be mistaken ! but does a "shopping" analogy realy apply to this topic? ...seems that getting ( or most likely ,not, getting !)- those things You'd expect, to fit Your wishes..( or preconceptions ?) could be the problem, in the first place ? "K"
    Last edited by Khriss; 06-02-2006 at 02:59 PM.
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr
    Some trans women do go through phases where they crossdress before they figure out their true internal gender. But once they fully identify as transsexual women and start the transition process, most pre-op trans women do not view dressing as a woman as crossdressing either - especially once they go full time. If you identify internally as a woman, and you are living full time as a woman, then dressing as a woman isn't really "cross" dressing.
    I agree with what Kehleyr has stated here. I don't give any thought to dressing in women's clothing. It seems like such a normal and routine thing to do. If I were to need a label then it would be TS. Living full time, I don't consider myself a crossdresser and don't give 'dressing' much thought at all.

Kim