Thread: Shaving without nicks or cuts

Shaving without nicks or cuts

Hi girls,

I ran across something on another forum. It basically said that when you shave your legs, you should not use soap or shaving cream but shampoo (hair conditioner).

I had nothing to lose so I tried it. Usually when I shave I have ALWAYS gotten some nicks, cuts or red bumps from irritation but lo and behold with the conditioner I got a close shave without any irritation. I also used this on my chest hairs and arms with the same good result.

Even though the forum did not mention anything about face shaving, I also then tried it on my face in lieu of shaving cream. When I shave my face, I ALWAYS get abrasions (with a little bleeding) on my chin and under my nose (lip area) no mater how slowly I go. However, with the conditioner, I got only one minor abrasion on my chin but I got a very close shave. This is by far the best result I have ever gotten using a manual shave on my face. I always hated shaving my face but this time it was OK.

By the way, I used a men's razor for shaving my face, legs, chest and arms.
    From now on, I will always use conditioner. It must be a good lubricant but also give a good layer of protection to the skin. My skin is as sensitive as anyone's so I now fully recommend it.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

Wow I may have to try that!

I rarely get nicks anywhere except on m y bony chest bone.......

But another tip - I tried my G/F's shaving cream one day - and not only do I LOVE the smell - it works FAR FAR better than any guys shaving cream I've ever used...

Gillette Satin Car (Dry Skin - purple cap - Oh yeah!)

Good stuff, but I've got TONS of conditioner lying around as I always go through the shampoo faster So I'll give that a shot next time, wont' dry the skin out so bad as soap does either I bet!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Banned Read only
    I shave myself, but there may be some future comments by others who prefer to wax or some other method.
    I've been shaving for almost a year now so i have it down pretty good so that i don't nick or cut myself 99% of the time.

I use conditioner for shaving my legs, someone suggested it a while back in our beauty club Works wonders
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Conditioner is the best! A few years back, I was bemoaning the fact that I tend to get ingrown hais so easily to a friend, and she suggested conditioner. Specifically, V05. Turns out, there's a product for shaving one's, umm... sensitive bits, and the ingredients are the same!

Since I've used it, it has cut down on irritation and ingrown hairs on my legs like I've never thought possible.

I have gotten satisfactory results with an electric shaver. No irritation of any kind. But get one that is designed for a man's face, and has a sideburn trimmer for the really long hairs. Don't get one of those lady models.

I use body wash.. and a triple blade razor.. never an y nicks and i shave all over...

My post from another shaving thread:

I never have a problem shaving my face, except for occasional cuts and nicks...

I use a Shick Quattro for women... My girlfriend got it for me for christmas... I'm not too terribly hairy, though... but I still shave everything. :P

To be honest, ingrown hairs and those annoying red bumps happen to all girls... err... and boys who shave. They might be blatantly obvious to you, but chances are that other people don't notice them or just don't care.

I shave my legs, arms, underarms, and trim my crotch in the shower and I shave my face after my shower, in front of a mirror. What I do is I lather my underarms and pelvis (the whole thing, yes) with soap and keep away from the water. Making sure skin and razor are both wet, I shave my underarms with little to no pressure in all four directions (shave up, then toward other arm, then down, then away from other arm) and I make sure to keep the razor head as flat to my skin as possible. Immediately after shaving I rinse my underarms and, if there are bumps or cuts, I tend to soap it again and rinse it really quick. It helps, somehow.

Then I re-soap the areas of my pelvis that I am going to trim, as the soap usually has washed off by then... Now, anyone who has done this knows what hell pubic hair can be. Relative to most of your other body hair, it is coarse, curly, thick, and grows on a very sharp angle... It also itches like hell when it is growing back. The first thing to always remember is this: DO! NOT! SCRATCH! IT! You will end up feeling better in the short run, but then the itch quickly returns and often doubles in intensity, eventually spreading to your entire pelvis. You can also end up scratching your skin raw or pushing hairs in such a way that they cause more irritation and, in some cases, ingrown hairs. Also, shave stubble very carefully, if you're going to shave it. Do not shave against the grain if your pubic hair is just very short stubble. I know you want a clean, smooth shave, but pubic hair is too coarse and thick to cut well when it is short. If your pubic hair is very short stubble, shave with the grain and on fourty-five degree angles with the grain, to the left and right. Take it slow and steady, keeping the razorblade(s) and head flush with your skin. If you feel like a hair is being pushed or if your feel pain, back off and examine what is going on. You might have too steep of an angle (it's tough to get right and is different for everyong) or you might be going too fast or too slow. Keep the razorblades wet and your skin wet, if not soapy. What you will end up with might feel a tiny bit stubbly when you rub against the grain, but shouldn't be visible or anything. I soap and rinse my pelvic area again after I shave it every time.

To shave my arms I usually make sure they are wet and my razor is wet, too. Sometimes I lather my arms beforehand, but not usually. I shave from the back of my hands to mid-forearm all the way around, both toward the elbow and away from the elbow. After that I move down a bit and shave from my mid-forearm to about the middle of my bicep, again both toward and away from the elbow. Finally I shave from about the middle of my bicep to my upper arm and shoulder, toward and away from the shoulder. After shaving them, I usually soap and rinse my arms and run my hands over them a few times to make sure I havn't missed any large clusters of hair.

To shave my legs I first sit down. I find it easier to shave my lower leg and knee when I am sitting down, and easier to shave my upper legs, thighs, and back of my knee when I am standing up. I'm not very hairy at all above the kneecap, but I still like that swishy feeling you get after you've just shaved... :P Sometimes I soap my leg, but other times I just ensure that my leg and razor are both wet. Usually I sit under the shower head so water is constantly moving on my leg. I find this aids shaving, no matter what part you're shaving. Moving from my feet to above my ankles, I pass over every inch of my skin at least twice with quick, firm swipes of the razor. I always shave against the grain, unless I have only a little stubble. In that case I either don't shave and wait for it to grow to near-visible status before I shave, or I shave with the grain. After I've got up to my ankles done, I shave from ankle to knee in the same way I shaved the rest of my leg. Then I take care of the sides, edges, and main surface of my knee. As the knee is a wrinkly bit, I shave with it relaxed and with it taut, checking to make sure I haven't missed a spot afterwards. After I've shaved to about an inch or two above my knee on both legs, I then stand up and take care of the back of my knees. Then I finish off by shaving from my knees to my pelvis.

I didn't very frequently soap and rinse my legs after I shaved them, but I am starting to get into the habit of it. Soaping and lathering whatever you've shaved after you've shaved it helps a great deal.
    Conditioner though, eh? Maybe I should give it a shot on my pelvic area... It's either that or work harder at finding a job so I can afford electrolysis for... well... my entire damn body.

I hate body hair, by the way. Did I mention that? I've declared a personal war on all of my bodily hair. :P

Gee and I thought I was the only one with this secret about conditioner.
    I usually shave my face in the shower,about three months ago I realized I had left my shaving cream on the sink, and not wanting to drip all over the place, I squirted some conditioner in my hand to use, and was amazed at the result. Haven't used any cream since. It works real well.

Oh BTW, I was visiting another site, having to do with wearing bras, and somebody there mentioned a site they had found dealing with body shaving.

http://www.shopping.philips.com/norelco/

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

If you're gonna watch the commercial "at work " be warned there is quite a bit of flash and sound so you may want to be careful.

For a large company to address this is quite interesting.

The spokesman for the product might seem to be a bit too smarmy for some people, but once you get past that the ad is a hoot.

In the main menu area you can find a music video for the product and it's kinda cute in a strange sorta way.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar

shaving with conditioner

Well, I've just done my legs using conditioner instead of soap or gel. It seemed ok, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check for hairs, spots etc. I did wonder if the difference was due to the higher viscosity of the conditioner Cf. other products. Then again, it's been hanging around for a while. In male mode I don't have a lot of need for conditioner. The last time I bought any the big selling point was ' added woolly mammoth oil - for a deeper shine'. Still, I can now try on the new stockings Kathy bought me

Rachel

I suppose, to be scientific, I should have done one leg with conditioner and one with gel !
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

Smile shaving with conditioner

I'll have to give that a go. I shave my legs, arms and armpits with a lady razor and it can drive my skin nuts.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar

timing is everything !

Ah well, It didn't help that the day after trying conditioner instead of shave gel was the hottest of the year so far and I was outside in denim jeans taking a greenhouse to pieces. Ouch, rash, spots and probably ingrowing hairs where I *really* don't need them. Not fun.

still pretty sore the next day as well.

Where's that drawing board when I need it?

Rachel Newark
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !