Thread: Big Delema; Please some good advise

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar

Big Delema; Please some good advise

My Nephews Soon to be has asked me to be her Matron of Honor.Thats an invitation to a members only elite club (girls only!!!!) Nickie asking me that made me feel so great about me I almost exploded I want so badly to say yes the majority of my family has seen me dressed and they all know but I'm not sure about Nickie's family.
    The last thing I want to do is ruin her most special day the Wedding is almost a year away so she has plenty of time to find someone else should I decline.
    Iwould love to say yes but should I or should I ignore my selfeshness and say that the offer was so sweet but I think it might be best for her to chose a female for this?
    life with love will have some thorns but life without love will have no roses
    Live happy girls
    Kari

Haley Pink~

Hmm?

Sorry but have to say this.

Gawd are you crazy? Of coarse say Yes.
    She asked you huh? Then I'd feel that She wanted to start a family tied together out of honesty and friendship. I would be honered to do that if I was asked. Really, Big time! Ok, If you won't I will. lolol

Hey I'll bring the bride flowers toooo. lolol
    INDY is only 4 Hrs away. Hahahaha!
    Last edited by HaleyPink2000; 06-03-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    Haley P. Kemp

I think you have answered your own question.
    If everyone knows and i do mean everyone then it would an unmissable opportunity.

However, as some know nothing I would thank her for the offer and suggest she find someone who is female.
    1) you dont want to detract from her big day
    2) What happen when it comes to the first dance ??

If she still insists which I hope she wont you need to get together with both families so there are no shocks but this should only the very last resort
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Wow. I think you need to take her to lunch or dinner or drinks or just somewhere that you can have a long talk. Explain to her what an exceptional honour this is (some of us would kill (well, mame) for it, but be sure she had thought through the downstream cosnequences, if, in fact there are any. AS shelly said, remind her that this is HER day, and you want to add to it, not detract. Wow.

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirlkari
    I think it might be best for her to chose a female for this?
    I think that if you are nervous about doing it, as in you aren't out to people and so not ready for this. That's a reason to decline.

I also think that for someone to decide what's best for me... not a good thing.
    So if you honestly think that this isn't the best for her.. why not discuss it with her? But really.. who do you want making decisions about what's best for YOU?

If she's asked you, she must have reasons for it. Is she of below average intelligence and not able to make these decisions? Wouldn't she comprehend any down sides?

In this as with any other question.. I try to swap places. If you were she.. and she were you... what would you want to happen? If you were she and she were you.. why would you have asked this in the first place?

Unless you are the ONLY woman this poor girl knows.. she must have some reason for WANTING YOU up there with her.

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Kari obviously Nickie didn't see a problem with you doing this or she wouldn't have asked you to be her matron of honor. My advice is talk to Nickie you have time to discuss it with her. Ask her how her family might react to you being in the wedding dressed as a female. I'd jump at the chance to wear a beautiful dress and be a matron of honor. So talk to her and consider doing it for her after all she's the one who asked you to do it.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

Had similar offer

I was asked to be matron of honour at a lady friends weddiing! This was not her first , She had lost 2 husbands, and is now with her third. I was just overwhelmed, She said she knew was aware of problems that could arise but since it was HER wedding, she wanted her best friend to be her matron! And that was/is definatley me! I accepted, but as time got closer, I was excited yet apprehensive, and then the two of them went and eloped!!!! Surprized everyone!!!

I look at it like this, Talk to t y9our soon to be Niece, make sure this IS truly what she wants.

It is HER day and she should be able to choose who does what. It it was me. I would toatlly jump on this opportunity with a big YESSS
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

If you think you can carry it off GO FOR IT GIRL!
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

perhaps her choice was guided by love, and that you should accept that love and be part of her special day.

I would talk to Nickie, tell her your worries about her family explain that it is her day, after all this if she stills want you to be her matron of honour then go ahead and do it
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra GG
    I would talk to Nickie, tell her your worries about her family explain that it is her day, after all this if she stills want you to be her matron of honour then go ahead and do it
    with Sandra and can add no more.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]