Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any of you girls wear flats?

I have a couple pair of High Heels but most are not more then an inch or so and most of those are flat. When you are as big and old as I am anything too high could be hazardous to your health.

I have a couple pairs of black flats that I wear to casual get togethers. I also wear them with jeans, instead of sneakers, for grocery shopping and running errands.

Kim

Silver Member

Flats

OMG! I am sooo happy to find that web site for Payless Shoes. The local store has a pretty slim selection in larger sizes. I just came home from there with the only two pairs I would consider wearing.
    And at 5'11", I would not consider wearing heels although I do love the way they look.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

No don't like them I love my 3 to 4 1/4 in. heels I do have one of 2 in.slides

Quote Originally Posted by SSMITH
    OMG! I am sooo happy to find that web site for Payless Shoes. The local store has a pretty slim selection in larger sizes. I just came home from there with the only two pairs I would consider wearing.
    Yeah, they usually have a vastly better selection of larger and even wide sizes on their website.

Taffy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."

Flats, you bet. I have a large number of heels, most in the 1-1/2" to 2" range, but also several pair of flats. My favorite are a bright red pair and a navy pair. I'm 5'10", too tall to wear heels of much height. In flats, my height already makes me in the 95% of the tallest women in the nation. So I never get 3" or higher heels, even though I think they are really beautiful. Besides height, I'm also older. Got to watch my step a little!

Take care!

Hugs,
    Gwen

Do flat sandals count? I have a few pair, I prefer heels, but sometimes a pair of flats just go better with a jean skirt....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a few pair of flip-flops that I like to wear, and I just bought a pair of pointy toe flats. The pointy flats look really cool with a mid-calf lenght summer skirt.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I'm one of the lucky women that is on the short side, only 5'5". I have something over 50 pairs of heels and no flats anymore. It's heels for me every day.
    Kisses, Linda

At 5'10" I rarely wear heels when I'm out, those extra few inches make passing a lot more difficult. Payless has a great $10 pair of black skimmer flats, and I recently bought a pair of ballerina flats there that are perfect for summer skirts and capris.

I wear flats more often than heels, thanks to a bad back. I also think that flats go great with the more casual skirts that I have as well as capris.

great pics!!

those are some great pics Dana J and Reana do any of you girls have any more to post??
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

Mostly I wear high heels - but sometimes I wear flats too, I prefer the ballerina-style, have them in different colours, and I think they looks great and they are comfortable.

I usually wear flats or flatish round the place. Easier doing the dusting and ironing etc. Sometime, if I am feeling devilish,:evil: I might do things in heals. But flats are also much better for driving in. I wouldn't try to drive in the heals I have.:nono: I value my, and others, health much to much
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

I like to wear flats as well while wearing slacks. Any other of my shoes go up to 2 inch pumps.

Yes... especially in summer. Lot easier to wear when sunbathing... hate burning my tootsies on the hot ground.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    yep, I have several pairs for comfort. mostly different colours as well to match outfits, ie black, brown, blue, etc
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

At present flats are very much the in thing so I have been very naughty and been buying lots of them, But on the plus side they are so comfortable and the lastest styles are very fem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reana
    I wear ballet slippers most all the time when out. Heels, only for pictures and outings to clubs (and I usually end up in slippers before the night is over). My favorite public femme dress mode is slightly femme tops, women's jeans, and ballet slippers. Always try and match the colors of the slippers to the tops.

Wear do you get those lovely ballet pumps from?
    Last edited by Sharon; 06-06-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: merged posts
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

I'm 5'6"

With my height, flats seems to be a certain no no!

Kidding!!! To be honest, I just don't feel the part in flats. If it doesn't have a heel it doesn't feel right. I did try it once and found myself walking in an exaggerated fashion. With 3" heels on the other hand, the walk is natural and effortless! So I seriously doubt that I'd ever wear flats out of choice.

Sonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24
    I prefer kitten heels, 1-1 1/2 inch. I think they give me a better feel for the walk.
    Yes, the walk is the key! We gurls need a little heel to wiggle more naturally. We can't walk naturally like ladies do. I should say classy ladies, since some girls today walk like Wild West cowboys. In any case, the higher the heel, the easier to shorten your step and wiggle in a feminine way, but assuming that most of us are tall already (I'm 5-10) plus wearing high heels for long hours is tiresome, a 2" heel should be a nice balance between comfort and elegance.

I personally can't walk right wearing flats. I tend to lenghten my step and before you know it you look like the quintessential "guy in a skirt".

The previous post by Sky is correct. "The walk is the thing." I can't walk in heels. I have a pair of heels I wear around the house occasionally for practice, I'm incredibly clumsy in heels. Until I get the walk right it's flats for this girl.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

looking for friends in CO LaceyDee's Avatar
    I dearly love heels, but I am 6' 2" so flats fit my size better. But I do love my heels!!!

Banned Read only
    Excluding clogs which are really unisex, I have only one pair of women's shoes and they are essentially flat (~ 1/2" heel). This is OK as I have an arthritic ankle that doesn't allow me to wear over about an 1 1/2" heel anyway.

However, the irony is this: the pair of flats that I have used to belong to my ex-wife. She forgot them when she moved out, along with 2 wigs and a handbag. If she only knew...

Banned Read only

Am over 6 feet tall.

I am 6' 1" and do not what to look any taller!

I like wearing flats that are a little more sexy and feminine than flip flops. I wear either the silver or gold thongs in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images