Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seamed FF-stockings with garters.

Seamed FF-stockings with garters.

I prefer the women clothes from the 50ties and 60ties, which include full fashioned stockings with seam and corsets or girdles with garters with metal clips.
    Are there any of you girls out there, that have the same preference? Or will you say, that this is not what a woman use nowadays, and therefore you don't like or use these things?
    Could my preference be, because my first experiense was as child in my mothers drawers, where I found this items?

50's 60's styles

Hi there, there is nothing incorrect w/the style of clothing you prefer. If you like these styles by all means "go for it" Seamed stockings it seems(pardon the pun)
    are very sexy when worn w/heels and a "not to short skirt". W/regard to the metal clips for the stockings they are the best and will not break!!! They are alittle hard to find but well worth it. Go for it and be all you can be!!!

Love; BonnieAnne
    "to thine own self be true"

Styles are different for everyone. I like a casual style, long to medium skirts, flowing tops, although a great fan of stockings which I think I got from my mum. So I think there is some influence.

Although, I do love the 40's and 50's style, especially on the ladies.
    Me and the SO have been contemplating joining a 1940's club, where we get to dress up in the clothes of old. Unfortunately, I don't think they would appreciate me turning up in a dress and seemed stockings

Wear it well
    Last edited by Han; 06-06-2006 at 03:45 AM.
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Seamed FF Stockings with garters

MissAnnie,
    I think most CDs were attracted to styles that they grew up with. I was and still am fascinated with bright red lipstick. Todays' fashions call for more natural colors that I don't feel comfortable with. Do we dress to impress other people or do we dress to please ourselves? Like you I fall into the latter category. Just make sure your seams are straight. Sally2

I still think of how I loved to pull on mom's rubber Playtex OBG, pull up the nylons and feel the coolness of the metal clips.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnie
    I prefer the women clothes from the 50ties and 60ties, which include full fashioned stockings with seam and corsets or girdles with garters with metal clips.
    Are there any of you girls out there, that have the same preference? Or will you say, that this is not what a woman use nowadays, and therefore you don't like or use these things?
    Could my preference be, because my first experiense was as child in my mothers drawers, where I found this items?
    I'm an every-day-wearer of fully fashioned stockings. My girdles have at least 6 garters with metal clips. Not these cheap plastic ones.

Joggelich

Another Old Fashioned Gurl

Boy you gurls have come upon an interest of mine from way back. I remember so well my older cousins and aunt how they dressed so nice. I found a web sight that made dresses from the fifties expensive but realy nice looking stuff and yes they catered to the our needs I'm going to have to find it again. They produced there line in the same fabrics that were popular back then horizontal stripes and this shinny fabric I don't recall it's name. One dress was a copy of a Sophia Loren number she wore $400 bucks matching cloth belt $75.

MissAnnie, I am totally empathetic with your feelings. All the way babes. Will not even look at tights/pantyhose. It is strongly suggested they are unhealthy, possibly unhygenic, and definate passion killers. But hey, to each their own. It is only my opinion.
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

Yeah, I'm a big fan too of FF stockings and at least a six strap suspender(garter) belt....you gotta keep those seams straight.!!!..Just love the feel.!!
    Nikki.x

To me some type of nylons , be it pantyhose, or real stockings completes the look. Besides my wig it finishes off what i am trying to achive. And yes got to just love FF's and RHT's, nothing sexier.

I love seamed stockings but only for a night outing. During the day, my goal is to blend as much as possible, and a girl in seamed hosiery -genetic or not- attracts more attention, which is the opposite effect. If you are trying to blend or pass, but what you wear is not your everyday next-door-girl attire, it would be more difficult.

I was at a yard sale a few weeks ago and they had some RHT stockings on one of the tables next to a lamp I was looking at. The lady must have seen me look at the Berkshire hose because she gave me two boxes of them and they were size 10 and new. She appeared to have maybe a size 7 foot so they must have been her husbands. She told me I'd have to get a garter belt to wear them. I told her I already had one I got at Wally World. Billie Jean

Yes, open girdles, suspender belts and nylons (some FF with seams) were everyday wear when I was a teenager and that's still my favourite vision of womanhood. However, in the usually short periods of time I am able to dress I like to try out some of the many different styles of female dress I have seen over the years - so it's not always suspenders and stockings. With dressing time so limited, though, it's always a skirt or dress, never trousers. The exception is when I am able to go outside "underdressed" (wearing some girl underwear and hosiery under my male clothes). Then it's a matter of necessity, not choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Lady
    I still think of how I loved to pull on mom's rubber Playtex OBG, pull up the nylons and feel the coolness of the metal clips.
    Those were some of my first experiences too. I guess we're dating ourselves! I still love to wear FF and RHT stockings. I much prefer them to pantyhose.

Hi Everyone:

I started with FF Stockings and love to wear them at home. But, these days a bit impractical for everyday wear, out on the street. They are cruelly expensive to be so easily damaged by wearing out on the street and except during Halloween, you would get spotted by others in about a New York Minute!

Has anybody mentioned the great "feel" when you rub your thighs together or cross your legs. Keep the keyholes on the outside and you'll see what I'm talking about! And, for me there just seems to be a lot of attraction to all the "fussiness" of keeping my seams straight and fiddling with the adjustment of the garters.

When I'm out with friends, I much prefer stockings to pantyhose, just make me feel more feminine. These days, you can get away with wearing Seamless and The 400s that National Hosiery sells are really slippery and flat knit. Look great and a great price too!

Yeah, you can mark me down for a stockings and garters girl. I grew up in The 50s, I was there. The rest of the Gurl's don't know what they are missing!

peace and love, Joanie

Does anyone find pantyhose sexy? Garter belts make that trip to the restroom easier too.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hi MissAnnie,

I, too, am a 100% fifties girl!!

I agree that the styles of our youth greatly influence our choice of clothing. I was there and I remember how feminine and alluring the ladies were in those outfits. Those of us who grew up later probably feel the same way about something entirely different.

I can't even stand the thought of wearing pantyhose. I always wear stockings and a garter belt with any outfit. I wouldn't feel feminine and properly dressed without them. Full fashioned stockings are my favorite but I only wear them on special occasions due to their high cost and due to the fact that finding them in my size is very difficult. I wear a size 12 shoe, and size 12 flat knit stockings are not all that hard to find, but with most of them, even though they may be advertised as long and may fit my foot ok, they quickly run out of length and if they are not long enough, they just don't make me feel feminine and attractive. It is impossible to present a fifties elegant appearance when they are too short. I do have a couple of pairs from two different places that fit perfectly and I guess I should stock up - (after I win the lottery).

We have found excellent stockings at Sears that fit perfectly. They are sheer heel and toe and are stretch nylon and we use them for everyday wear. Not all Sears have them but I am sure they can be ordered if anyone is interested and has the nerve to ask the department manager.

I recommend that a new garter belt user stay away from the kind commonly sold today in the lingerie departments. They are way too flimsy and the garter clips are useless (except for a quick on and off LOL). And a six strap model is light years ahead of a four strap for comfort and stability although I do have a few four strap models that are pretty good. We found a vintage garter belt in original box not too long ago and also in my size (WOW). It is great. Later we saw a rack of garter belts in a store and on checking discovered that the company is still in business and making the same model. Isn't that hard to believe! I can tell the difference between the two but there isn't much. So there must be quite a few of us out there still providing a market.

Sterling12 - You mentioned National 400s. I went to their website and they have size 11 long. Probably too small and short for me but I was wondering what your impression is of their sizing. Also, why do you think there is a difference in feel between the inside and outside surface of the nylon? I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

Best regards!

Missy Anne

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile garters and stockings

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnie
    dear miss annie,i am from new york and i am a 50s girl.when i go out i am always wearing a girdle with rht or seamed nylons,i also dress like my mother probably dressed back then.love phylisanne

Smile

Good evening ladies:
    I have to admit I'm an old fashion girl down deep, everyday I try to wear open bottom girdles with metal garters holding up full fashion nylons. On special occasions its a tightly strung corset with at least six garters.
    I wear pantyhose in the winter if I going to be in a cold place(ice arena).

Smile FF stocking length and feel

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Anne
    Hi MissAnnie,

Full fashioned stockings are my favorite but I only wear them on special occasions due to their high cost and due to the fact that finding them in my size is very difficult. I wear a size 12 shoe, and size 12 flat knit stockings are not all that hard to find, but with most of them, even though they may be advertised as long and may fit my foot ok, they quickly run out of length and if they are not long enough, they just don't make me feel feminine and attractive. It is impossible to present a fifties elegant appearance when they are too short.

Missy Anne
    I have just three FF stockings (not pairs of stockings) having bought two pairs of Harmony Point several years ago before they disappeared from shops. I managed to ladder one but, as I am not able to wear for any length of time or very often, I have managed to make them last. I'm lucky in wearing size 8 (UK) shoes, so stocking foot size is not a problem. Unlike Missy Anne I like the fact that these stockings extend only to mid-thigh. That's what all stockings were like back in the 1950s and 60s. They do not stretch either, and have to be tightly suspendered to prevent them from wrinkling. They ensure that a girdle of the same vintage is held well down, giving that special strong grip around the top of the legs and a very different feeling as you walk. That and the very tight stretching of the girdle at the rear when you sit down or bend (because, unlike modern stockings, the FF ones do not allow the hem of the girdle to rise up) are the two features which are most strongly imprinted on my mind from when I first tried a girdle and stockings on afternoons home from school in about 1958. While I really love that sensation, I can well understand why the advent of stretch, seamless stockings was so much welcomed by women for everyday wear.

FF stockings

I love the feeling of rolling sheer hose up my legs to my garters. What could be more feminine

stockings and suspenders

There is nothing i love more than wearing vintage seamed nylons from the 60's with either a girdle or a tight lacing corset. Love to be in my smart casual or skirt business attire with all that fine lingerie and sexy corset and stockings on. So i am with you on these choices.

caroline

You are not the only one who likes the early styles, i perfer the stockings and girdles, because they make me feel sexier, and i really just like the feel of them, and the look they give you when your skirts on and the looks when there noticed on you. give me stockings over panty hose any day bye bye. perfume

All the garter belts or open girdles I use are with at least 6 suspenders (garters), and I have one with 10 and one with 12, and a corset with 10 suspenders too. All with shiny metal clips. I love to fasten the suspenders to the stocking tops, and also I love the sight of the stockings with the stocking top at mid thigh. And then a skirt, that just covers the stocking top, when I stand up, and when I sit down, well you know what happens then. And I like that, like to show a little of the suspenders.
    Anbd by the way, I hate pantyhose, don't own any, and don't want to get them.

I've always been a fan of pinup, and that's actually one of the reasons I started crossdressing. I wanted to look like the girl in the picture.