Thread: Proud

Proud of the CD community

Hi Girls,
    I know that this thread will not be of any interest whatsoever to those of you who are firmly in the closet and wish to remain so, however, for those of you who want to be abit bolder but are afraid, be encouraged, some of you are already making great strides for the cause.
    I have had an experience this afternoon which made me very proud to be involved in the CD scene and to have so many of you as friends.
    I went to a 5 aside football tournament today and one of our players fell and injured his back. Being rather concerned I took him and a couple of his mates to the ambulance van to ask for assistance and I approached a lady in a unifrom to ask for her help. I noticed straight away that she'd had laser treatment and still had a slight shadow. I hope she didn't notice that I'd noticed. Anyway she couldn't have been friendlier, more courteous or helpful if she'd tried.
    When we'd finished and were making our way back to our pitch, one of the boys commented that he thought that the ambulance lady was a man in drag and he asked me what I'd thought. Before I could answer him, the boy who had been treated for the injury piped up that he didn't think that she was a man at all, but even if she had been what would the problem be.
    As I walked along I felt terribly proud of that individual for having the courage to stand up and be counted, especially at such a public event. I dont know who she was and I'll probably never meet her again, but I really warmed to her and truly believe that its people like this lady who will pave the way for public acceptance. Im not sure whether she was CD or TS but whatever she was she was proud of it. I also felt a sense of pride in being a part of this community, I think that your all rather special and certainly very unique. I can't really say on this forum that it takes a real man to show the balls and courage you all have to show when it comes to acceptance, but I can say that women are definitely the stronger sex, if you get my drift. So if there are any of you out there who feel ashamed of what you do, or have problems accepting yourself, hold your head up, youve got balls, which is what most of us GGs were born with.
    Take care BEVxxx
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 06-04-2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: changed title

wanting friends x
    that was such a nice story and yes realy does give me that little more confidence that not every one will laugh and look at me thanks for shareing it

Thats a nice story Bev and goes to show how we are slowly being accepted into "society".

I would not have dreamt that my best friend, his wife, my mum, sister and brother-in-law have all been totally accepting of me.

Gemma xx

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Thank you, Bev, for this post. I sure hope a kind and sincere word like yours, to people in a difficult situation, finds its reward.

Doug
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Bev -- I, too, thank you for sharing that story with us. Courage on the footballer's behalf and on the ambulance attendant's part. Maybe, someday, stories like that will be so commonplace that they won't rate a posting.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Smile thank you

[SIZE="2"]Thank you, Bev, for that wonderful story. I have been out dressed twice and will be out more often from now on. I would have loved to have met this young woman. I know a number of transsexuals who are out there. They have a special place in my heart (like this woman) because of their courage and choice to live their true lives. I thank you that you have the heart and understanding about the trans life.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Thank you Bev for telling us about her and for the words of encouragement. It really does help those of us who sometimes feel guilty or have low self esteem because of the way we are. A couple or years ago I read an article in the paper about a male FBI agent who transitioned, had SRS to become female, and then returned to the same job. She said that she was welcomed back as a female and her coworkers accepted her. I was just amazed at the bravery it took. Thanks again Bev.
    Jamie

Don't forget Bev, that you too are one of people who are leading the way in social acceptance. Thank you for such a nice story.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Well said, and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Emt

Hi Bev, I know a local EMT who is exactly the same as you describe. In fact she did have transition surgery 20 years ago. Ericka

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Excellent!!

Thanks Bev. Great experience

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Bev, thanks for sharing a wonderful story!

Another example of how people are often more accepting that we may think they are.

And as others have said, let's not forget you're doing your part for gaining social acceptance too.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Nice store thank you.

Thanks Bev

It all comes down to one making themselves feel and look better by putting another down. I have never understood this behavior and have never practiced it. From my name to my looks it's all been a source of negative reaction from some insecure putz and it's been up to me all along to change how I feel about myself and accepting myself for who I am. That other person doesn't matter a witt in our lives just how we feel and our own self esteem.

0.02 Joy Carter

I guess I am sort of in the closet mainly because of the things I wear and really Idont really have the urge to get out.
    Somtimes I have thought of clubbing but I guess I am getting a bit long in the tooth for that sort of thing.
    I understand how a lot of us really want to get out there really for me its not important.

Very good story Bev. Thank you for sharing and it shows that we can do whatever we wish if we set or mind and hearts to it. There are times like that when you wish you could say something. But how?

April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Awww, warming words, Bev. Can't wait to hear about your shopping trip with Miss Rhodes. Hope you both have a lovely time!

Hugs from Sara xxx