Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: living alone vs being married

I just get off being like this!sometimes its fun but its never easy!being a cd is very hard added onto everyones already tough lives.we must be very strong people.

Being alone is underrated these days. Society puts so much pressure on people to pair up. Anyone who doesn't do it is looked at as if something were wrong with them.

Being alone grants you the most freedom and the fewest headaches, no matter how good of a relationship you're in.
    Hail Satin!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK
    Being alone is underrated these days. Society puts so much pressure on people to pair up. Anyone who doesn't do it is looked at as if something were wrong with them.

Being alone grants you the most freedom and the fewest headaches, no matter how good of a relationship you're in.
    Yes and living alone is awefully lonely sometimes too.

some people just find it impossible to live alone - they really need someone to be with and share lifes ups and downs . Personally I dont share anything - it's all mine haha and I never get lonely either . I just love it

I have been married twice and they both have ended in disaster, only my first was due to my crossdressing. I then spend 10 years looking after my parents in their final years so it was not until 2 years ago I finally got my own place.

I now find I'm dressed at home nearly all the time and I'm much more relaxed, especially as my 2 marriages were filled with conflict. That is the plus side of being alone, the down side it can be very lonely and if you have a problem or feeling depressed there is no one to share them with.

I have partially solved this problem by joining a singles group where I have many friends of both sexes, however I thought it best to not mention my crossdressing, as I think it could cause me problems. I will not deny it if the subject ever comes up.

As with all things some people enjoy the solitary life but other's can't cope, so they question you have to ask yourself is :- do I like my own company for years to come? This is not such an easy question as it looks.

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Junior Member Scrunchie-Bunchie's Avatar
    No. I hated being single. I told my wife pretty well as soon as we started chatting online that I wear women's clothes. She accepts it and says she'd be OK to go outside with me dressed. I feel it might impact in various undesirable ways if I did go out dressed though. For one thing we have problem redneck neighbours across the street. For another she runs her own business and in the bible belt, goodness knows how many customers she'd lose if they knew.

I was married for 20yrs I have lived alone for 5yrs and love it ,half my
    closet is julies ,my gf thats knows that I dress but wont see me dressed is
    a neighbor so I guess I get the best of both worlds .

I have to wonder why you are asking though.

If you were happily married you would not be asking this question.....?

I live alone, was married once, had a g/f living with me who knew about me but while we're still friends I just prefer to live alone.

But I'd trade it all for a good woman, and I am one finicky person - a GREAT woman.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar
    I've allways been single and I live alone enjoying every minute of it.
    Sometimes I do wish i had a gg partner but it doesn't bother me that much as I have my hobby to keep me happy.
    Of all the stories I've read since I became a member here it make me glad i'am a single person who enjoys the femme side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by older not wiser
    Has anyone thought about how it would be if you lived alone. Have you daydreamed about having your own closet, dresser with everything you desired?
    Not having to hide anything you bought? Realizing your wildest dreams w/o any shame or guilt?
    For a year I have lived alone, children being grown up (I have been separated from my wife for more than 15 years). I have my own closets and I am able to buy whatever I want.

However, my wildest dream is to find a GG girlfriend that would totally accept me, so I am looking for her right now.
    -- Victoria-Marie

Quote Originally Posted by older not wiser
    Has anyone thought about how it would be if you lived alone. Have you daydreamed about having your own closet, dresser with everything you desired?
    Not having to hide anything you bought? Realizing your wildest dreams w/o any shame or guilt? I have and its mind boggeling. Anyone have any opinions?

Love; BonnieAnne

Hi BonnieAnn,

I do all the time....but I have no shame or guilt about what I'm doing, it's me and I accept me as I am....and I realize my dreams when I can

and kisses,

Debbie
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

I have recently moved one of my children out of a spare room (they have their own apartment now). That gives me a den that I have outfitted as a dressing room. Two closets, 6 drawers, and lots of mirrors! It has made it much easier to get dressed and to keep things sorted out. I still have to keep things hidden from the child that still lives at home, but that's not hard. Just the fact that the shoes are all hung on the side of the closet instead of in a pile of boxes is so great. I can put on 2 or 3 outfits, pose in the mirrors, take some pictures, and put everything away in less than 2 hours.

I would reccomend to anyone that can to set aside a room, however small, for all their things.

My closet is already 98% skirts and dresses. But last week we celebrated our thirtieth anniversary.

I think Sharon and Connie have the best advice.

Sure, I've let myself wonder what changes I would make if my SO either died or left. But I've also had some medical problems where it is mighty comforting to have someone who really loves you living right there with you. I also have an advance health care directive. If I lived alone, who would order the plug pulled if I had a major stroke? Only a loving spouse can do soemthing like that for you. I'm in no hurry to die, but I couldn't live that way. So, I am very careful what I wish for.
    Hugs,

Bernice

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    Being single stinks,have been for fourteen years.My dressing had nothing to do with my divorces,and yes they both knew.now i have a very sweet and loving GF and she accepts my dressing since she has a brother that is TS.i am never lonely even though we do not live together since we both own our homes.i have the ultimate friends the grand kids.i
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]No matter which way you look at it, the grass is greener on the other side, so be happy with the hand you are dealt and do the best with what you have, as long as you have your health and happiness, you have the best things in life. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

living alone

The grass is always greener... I live alone and have days I just want to be a girl. Just as I'm getting into the swing of things someone drops in un-announced! I would dearly love to have a partner and hence the reason I lock my collection up. This site lets me be free, but in the real world its a different story.