Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Society Acceptance

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)

Society Acceptance

Hypothetically speaking....if you were to change to a woman and find a nice guy and tell him you USED to be a man....do you think that man would be more accepting than if it were a FtM that changed found a nice woman and said "hey I USED to be a girl"..............................

I hope I said that clearly. I am trying to see if a woman would be more accepting of being with a FORMER woman than a man would be being with a FORMER man.....

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Platinum Member
    something your not telling us?????

i would have to say honesty up fraught ... thats just one hell of a thing to be found out down the road........

??

I'd think the odds are the same both ways around. But then, everyone is different, and has differing desires, If I was the man, meeting a nice girl who said she used to be a man, and she really WAS nice, ...........??
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Dalesman

I think, dear Tammy Marie, this is not a question of more or less
    acceptance, this is a question of desires for children. And I think the question who has a stronger desire, a man or a woman, is a purely rhetorical question.

Danielle must be perfectly happy having such an understanding wife as you are.

I'd guess it would be harder for a man to accept the "secret" of a MtF than the other way around. No explanation - just my sense that this would cause a man to question his gender preference a little more seriously than a woman would.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Great question, Tammy. In my opinion I'd say that neither would be more readily accepted. Even Steven. But a M2F marring a F2M would solve all those issues!! I read about one such arrangement but it was in one of those grocery store tabloids right next to photo of George Bush welcomeing an alien to the White House. Lol. Neither made the evening news broadcasts.

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think this is down to the individual person and there relationshp.
    It would have to be declared tactfully to them

The only advice I would give is if anyone is in that situation

Don't Tell them on the Jerry Springer Show
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm going to take a wild guess here and perhaps come across as a tad judgemental, but thats ok!

I think the guy would take the revelation that the woman he likes was a man far worse than a woman would take the information of her guy being a woman before. I say this because from the people that I've met and interacted with, men are far less likely to want to experiment with another man as compared to a woman's willingness. Also, women are generally more sensitive to human issues and might therefore be willing to understand and listen and go beyond with greater maturity than a man.

Like I said, just a personal opinion.

Love,
    Sonia

Sonia, I think you are very right. My thoughts as well. Women are for more inclined to listen, understand, be compassionate and are less hung up on appearances and stereotypes. That is also my opinion.

That's not to say that I think it would be a walk in the park but rather a long and difficult road but I think they would find that road easier to travel then men.

Julia

wanna be
    My experience has been that women are more accepting and tolerant then men, who seem more threatened and insecure. You never know what that reaction would be.
    [SIZE="4"]Gina - Girl[/SIZE]

Conservative vs. open minded people come in both sexes, plus those cases are still not common enough to do some serious research, other than the "gut feeling" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD
    I just wanna be one of the Bangles. Any one of 'em...
    Erica
    Ok, but don't walk like an egyptian. Not sexy at all. That said, that lead singer was hottt !!!!

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

from eperence so to say

Ok I'm mtf and just strated dateing again. I'm also a lezbian. I say this because I know I am a homosexual woman. not because I am a man in transition. It sounds odd but it is the truth. any way the woman I have been seeing now for alittle over two weeks knows that I am in trastion. She admitted so me that it was odd at first but she likes me and finds me to be honestly a woman. She had never had any experences with transsexuals and now is happy she had. She is joining me this weekend at a gender community meeting and is looking forward to meeting others.

As for the man finding out the women they like was once a guy. It honestly scares them. It causes them to question their own sexuality and other things. as it does most likely with women who find out the same for thefemale to males.

hope this helps
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Tammy Marie -- I think it would bother a man more because I think men are more homophobic than women. Afterall, women are more touchy than men, etc. That's my opinion based on a scientific poll I just conducted to answer this question.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Just too many variables here Is she gay or put off by gays Is he gay or put off by gays Yeah maybe women are more accepting and wouldn't react physically but they can be turned off as much as a man can. No experience here just my observations.

Since these are nothing more than opinions and best guesses, and considering that I am not homophobic, I think that if I were to be attracted to a woman enough to be dating her in the first place and she informed me that she used to be a man, my response would be: Well, I can certainly see why you wanted to be a woman, now, where did want to go for dinner?

And then we can see how she reacts when I tell her I love to wear womens clothing.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Acceptance

I dunno Tammy. I guess it would depend on the kind of person that individual is and how forward and flexible thinking they are. Ericka

Yeah I think too that a man would have a harder time dealing with the news than a woman would.....chaulk it up to being macho and homophopic...in my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me
    something your not telling us?????
    Nope not hiding anything, I was just sitting here thinking about it and wondered who would be more accepting and why.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Marie GG
    Yeah I think too that a man would have a harder time dealing with the news than a woman would.....chaulk it up to being macho and homophopic...in my opinion of course.
    I agree Tammy.
    Danielle

Originally Posted by Tammy Marie GG
    Yeah I think too that a man would have a harder time dealing with the news than a woman would.....chaulk it up to being macho and homophopic...in my opinion of course
    Yes i also think a man woulfd have a harder time accepting. i think its to do with the man feeling that he has to be the leader and the head of the family however wrong that may be in our modern world. Its also behind why most crimes are committed by men and most wars caused by them. In some way such a thought would challenge their masculinity.

I love dressing but more than that I love women because of all their characteristics . They are different and long may it be so.
    'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    As with most things in gender, there is a double standard. The man would be much less accepting, since homophobia is a serious defining factor of masculinity. And any feminine traits within men is defined as homosexual, whether it be so or not. Homosexuality, for men, seems to make him lowered in status, to make him inferior, and the traditional view of men on women, is that women are inferior in status. And also some men confirm their higher status in lower status person (this also applies to rank) by bullying those of lower status. It maintains pack order. It affirms personally to that person that he is not of their group, because of hostility. Even people who don't prescribe to hostility, may respond by distancing themselves from the person, as not to appear affiliated, and thus of lower status. Masculinity here, seems to be defined more by fear, than by anything else.

Women on the other hand, when respnding to a FtM, don't usually perceive it as a threat. Most women don't perceive even lesbians as a threat. In Harlan's book on agriculture and society, it was proposed that early societies were agricultural, egaltarian or occasionally matriarchal. The primary deities were fertility goddesses. (It also may be noted that many shamans were MtF transgendered people, this was the case in Korea, India, much of America, Russia, Africa and the Polynesian Islands, and that they often took on either wives or husbands, sometimes many, depending on personal preference) There wasn't a really solid hierarchy in this female dominated society, as such, perhaps status did not need to be solidly defined. However, with the introduction of urban civilzation, deities shifted to a patriarchal model, and caste systems arose, and status was rigidly defined, and defiance was strictly punished (this being the case in Europe and Asia, particularly).

Just some thoughts.

A woman would be more accepting of an FtM partner than vice versa because society as a whole is more accepting of perceived homosexual relationships between women than men.

That, and men are more protective of their masculinity than women are of their femininity. That's why men are more likely than women to react with violence when they find out someone they find sexually attractive is of the same phsyical sex as they are.
    Hail Satin!

You're right but the advantage of a FTM crossdresser is that women can wear men clothes without any problem... skirt for a man is not so common yet!!! However, I must say that I never had any problem in public. Women are sometimes smiling when they guess who I am and it let me think that they are much more tolerant! Anyway, when I go in public places, I was really stressed at the beginning but today I do not care, I live and dress how I like and everuthing goes well!!!

I tend to think that the FtM would find more acceptance. It just seems to me that women are more tolerant about gender issues than men. (Or maybe they just don't talk about it as much as men.)

I think the MtF situation would be more "acceptable" than the FtM situation, due to society's exposure to MtF transexual behaviour - and I have seen it to be more widespread.

I think it's much more difficult for FtM transexuals, tbh - because a woman's expression can be quite free and varied, so many women ask, "why did you give that up?" When it isn't as simple as that.

On an individual level: I think a female partner to FtM TS would be better at dealing with it.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]