Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of TG movie would you like to see.

Banned Read only

What type of TG movie would you like to see.

That is a 5’ 10" passable TG woman with a job that she keeps and a supporting family or a 6’ heavy built, TG who loses her job and family and has to do whatever to survive?

My point is I am thinking of writing a script or just a story and have not decided on the plot. I would like to follow someone with their transition in the movie but also considered a documentary style, not following anyone in particular and looking at all aspects of TG. Am wondering what TG people would like to see and am wondering if anyone non TG would see it!

Smile

I'd love to see it and I don't think that it would hurt non TG's to see it as it might educate them a bit!!

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311
    That is a 5’ 10" passable TG woman with a job that she keeps and a supporting family or a 6’ heavy built, TG who loses her job and family and has to do whatever to survive?

My point is I am thinking of writing a script or just a story and have not decided on the plot. I would like to follow someone with their transition in the movie but also considered a documentary style, not following anyone in particular and looking at all aspects of TG. Am wondering what TG people would like to see and am wondering if anyone non TG would see it!
    How about putting a "Sliding Doors" twist to the story, where in one life they live a closet life, then outted and made a social pariah. In another life through a set of circumstances gradually develop their self confidence and flourishes from it? Kind of a compare and contrast in a dual universe type way.

Tsmf

Include a teen who has known since his/her first memories and a middle ager who gives up a successful carrier to trans.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar

A Plot For A Transgender Movie

[SIZE="3"] An movie that begins with the end, 3 TS women and a CD out at a function, show how they led up through their lives to meet that day. That would allow a lot of twists and could show all the anxiety and pain they have to endure, just to be happy with who they are.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

A movie where theres this guy who sees a hypnotherapist and asks her to regress to his past life where he suddenly realizes he was a woman in his past life and her spirit still dwells inside him.He might do funny things like all of a sudden trying to put on his wifes shoes or makeup and one day finds some article of clothing he once wore in his previous life that transforms him.Good start?

Movie

A rock 'em sock 'em action/adventure movie with a CD as the heroine. That's because I'm an adventuress myself. Ericka

Any movie featuring a 300# 6'3" crossdresser. When you're casting please let me know, I'm available.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

Movie Character

How about a CD/TG truckdriver. I truly do know theres a lot of us out there in the so called "real world"
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

Banned Read only
    One where they actually use a TG person to play the lead role instead of a GG.

Banned Read only

Love your ideas

Now I have too many. I like the flashback to fool the audience.
    If I do manage to sell it I will insist that a TG play it.
    Keep up the ideas. It has helped a lot.:hmmm:

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Like my stories I write, I really think a TG tale lacks "tension" and interest if the protag actually WANTS to become a woman. Its better if he somehow has it unescapedly forced upon him and he has to deal with it---both the "bad" and the good aspects of femininity. Simply realizing "A lifrlong dream" has little going for it story wise.

I HAVE written a Sci Fi script based on my "Last Frontier: stories (FM, Saphire;s place) which has shown some interest with a few producers. Set in the Future, In Space, the protag is a proud and heroic law enforcer who is DNA changed into a woman in a clever plot to "get him out of the way".
    Our Psychologically devistated protag, soon becomes driven to avenge herself and murdered family and discovers that she has gained strengths as a woman that more than compensate for what she lost as a man and becomes just as much a hero as she was before==only in female form. She manages to rescue her enslaved crew and then hunts down the bad guys, killing their leader. The end finds her still a woman, having refused SRS, (a cosmetic procedure anyway) as she feel that would be "dimished" by it--having rebuilt herself as the hero she once was, but along female lines. She now "would rather be a complete woman than half a man".

How about giving the main character an FtM friend or sidekick? Most TG/TS movies are about MtFs, so most people don't even realize that we exist.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar
    I would rather have the documentary style, with big hollywood budget. SOmeone new that has not been seen as actor in hollywood. Is none of us girls in the real movie business.

Wait that would mean they have to be out of the closet.
    Well duh...
    Love
    chantelle
    9 Different Actions to my Purpose of being Complete...

Banned Read only
    I'd like to see more fairy stories
    about the police.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Not so much as a film issue, but Raksha and I have commented a few times that one of the major UK soaps (ie Eastenders, Corronation street, Emerdale) should have a closet crossdresser as a main character, ie a bit different from all the others and hopefully it would educate some people that we are only human!

I know Emerdale did have a small part with a TV present a while back but it was only a bit part, but imaging the impact if Grant or Phil mitchell were shown to be CD's

We always said Nigel the video shop manager of a few years ago, should have been a prime candidate, specially if the Mitchells brothers knew about it all along!
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    I'd like to see more fairy stories
    about the police.

I did have an idea about a fairy tale plot, a take off on Princess Diaries. About a pre-SRS TG woman that finds out she is the heir to the throne of a small Monarchy that no one has heard of. It really would be a comedy/drama. A real cultural shock going from a 45 year old man to a princess, next in line to be a the Queen of a small country of course, (not the other type of queen!)

If a complete plot comes to me I might write it as a short story and post it on one of the TG story sites. If I sell something I might then try to sell it as a TV movie. Then all of you paying attention will know who I am, hope you will not tell anyone!

Not what I wanted to do as a serious true to life story about the trials and tribulations of a becoming a transgender woman. Something I believe needs to be told.

Most people have the wrong idea on what it is like to be “gender confused”.

How about a movie where a man is caught and sentenced for rape. The judge gives him two choices, jail and become a sex offender for the rest of his life, or SRS and become a women and live as a women for the rest of his life.

T-9

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by chantelle
    I would rather have the documentary style, with big hollywood budget. SOmeone new that has not been seen as actor in hollywood. Is none of us girls in the real movie business.

Wait that would mean they have to be out of the closet.
    Well duh...
    Love
    chantelle
    Caroline "Tula" Cossey was a bond girl in a pose, then the first TG woman in Playboy. There are more TG "stars" but do not get the big parts.

(Would be interesting to get her for the movie. I wonder doing the script loosely based on her would work, :hmmm: just thinking out loud.)

I keep going back an forth between a documentary style and plot like following a TG persons transition. So that is why this question.

I do not think a documentary would work as a theater release, a TV movie, yes but a documentary would not get the attention that this story needs.

For the theater I need a plot that most people can identify with, so it needs to be entertaining, believable, realistic and funny at moments, if this is possible.

But I do not want to panic people. People tend to overreact. And Example is on Barbie.com there was a form that asked for the gender of the player. It gave three options, girl, boy and undecided. A big stink happened and many groups were saying that Barbie.com is promoting homosexuality and sex-changes. My daughters play the games on this site and never saw this option. I suspect the programmers put it in on their own and it was taken out on the first complaint probably within a couple of days or even hours, but if you search Barbie and TG you get many sites about this. My point it was a total over reaction to a “typo”. So to sell this movie I have to be careful and not suggest that kids can watch it.

So keep up the suggestions they are all helping. I am getting closer!

Caroline "Tula" Cossey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only

Lots of Ideas

Thanks. Think I know what I will do.

What TG movie?.... That's easy.....

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=5080913

How about as a musical with great songs, including a reworking of "Convoy" as all the goody glam dolls head for New Orleans to save the town?
    Last edited by Ellaine; 06-27-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    Nothing human can be alien to me.

Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
    -William Blake

"Anyone who knows how to run a household, knows how to run the world."
    -- Xilonem Garcia, a Meshika elder in Mexico

I don't like stories about forced CDing as a punishment etc, not my scene. The hero(ine) of the story must be a happy and willing CD!

My type of story in bullet points would be as follows:-

Boy who has always found girls' and women's clothing far more attractive than his own one day alone in house tries on pair of sister's panties and is hooked.

Progresses to other clothing , skirts, bras etc.

Caught by his older sister who understands and is sympathetic and helps him loaning him her clothes , helping him with make-up etc when their Mother is out.

Mother who is a widow or divorcee eventually finds out, (perhaps by accident or he comes out to her backed up by his sister) and she is also sympathetic, not losing a son but gaining a daughter.

Boy now lives as freely a girl when at home dressing fully in girls' clothes in the house and using a girl's name with his sister and mother's approval and support. They even go on holiday to the countryside and spend the week camping or in a caravan, or on a boating holiday, with him spending the whole week en-femme, a nice happy family group of a mother and her two teenaged daughters as far as casual observers are concerned.

As in the best stories, "They all lived happily ever after"

Ok, there is a bit of wishfull thinking in this story as it is what I would have wanted to happen in my own teens, but as there are enough true life stories of misery for CDs, TVs and TS at the hands of bigots, read Lucious Star's thread for one, what's wrong with a bit of happy wish fullfillment.

If anyone wants I could write this story in full, even as a serial, with lots of descriptive prose. I'm not a Steinbeck, but I am reasonably good at Creative Writing.

Maybe we need a section for members to write CD stories either autobiographical , names changed for protection if need's be , or as fiction. How about it Mods?
    Last edited by Helen MC; 06-27-2006 at 03:16 AM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I want a story with a happy ending and me as the star
    We are made of stars.

Well, the movie I want to see isn't the one you want to make. I want to make/see a movie about a crossdresser who is just that, a crossdresser. I don't want to see a sex change movie, or a movie where guys are forced to dress up for some reason like wanting to see their kids or needing to hide in a sorority house.

I want to see a movie where the main character is a heterosexual man who lives most of his life as a man but occasionally wears womens clothes. Maybe his crossdressing isn't even the point of the movie, but just part of the character's depth. I want to see a High Fidelity-like movie about a guy just dealing with his life, who happens to crossdress.

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Write them ALL up and make movies of them! I'll go to see them! LOL!

How about a movie where transgendered or gay people are "normal" and the straight heterosexual non-transgendered persons are ostracized, persecuted and allowed no rights? I think it would be nice to see all the normal people hide in the closet for once!

Sharifemme