Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignorance About Crossdressing

looking for friends in CO LaceyDee's Avatar
    When it comes to topics such as this, I am very glad that I am an athiest. The church , in my opinion, teaches hate. Whatever happened to "love thy neighbor as thyself"?

Don't get me started...........................!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R

We as well as others were trying to help this wife who was struggling with her husband's crossdressing. We were promoting education but obviously they only want statements condemning the acceptance of crossdressing and as expected they equate crossdressing with homosexuality. This board is part of the largest "Christian" broadcasting network in the world and is visited by thousands daily.

Melanie
    What else did you expect? Look all the discussion on various boards and whatnot on faith n' crossdressing by those CD's who just happen to be evangelical is a waste of time/effort. Just quit the denominations and become unitarians or atheists or something. Cut your losses and run. :-)

Veronica
    Last edited by Sharon; 06-08-2006 at 05:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit
    Just quit the denominations and become unitarians or atheists or something. Cut your losses and run. :-)Veronica
    Life is too weird to be an atheist, but there are many alternatives to X-tianity. You can't convert totalitarians to liberals, be yourself, but somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went along to take a look at that website.

I happen to have an interest in evolution science so naturally took a look at some relevant forums. They are not only ignorant about human gender and sexuality, they are agressively ignorant about science, especially evolution.

One message, for example, said this:
    "I don't understand evolution and, as a Christian, I don't want to understand it"

Depressing site

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith
    Depressing site
    Severely so...

Just makes me angry.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

The Religeous Right wing is neither!!!!

There was an interesting article in the newspaper yesterday about some religeous right winged group in Kansas called the Westboro baptist Church (WBC)that goes out an protests whenever a gay person dies. Seems they have a new twist...they are protesting at funerals for vets who die in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan saying they are dying because God is punishing them for homosexuality in the USA... what a bunch of s**t...
    OPERATION HERO ALERT:

Funeral Services for Seargent Evan Seam Parker
    Counter-Protest of WBC
    Wednesday, 11/2/2005*
    South Haven Public School - South Haven, KS

OPERATION HERO is spreading word of a planned picket by Westboro Baptist Church
    during the memorial service of Seargent Evan Seam Parker.
    Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing during the
    funeral service for Sgt. Evan Seam Parker on Wednesday, November 2 in South Haven, KS.
    This anti-Troops/anti-war "liberal" hate group will be protesting
    from 1pm - 2pm outside the High School where services are being held.
    The funeral service is scheduled to begin at 2pm, so Fred and his protestors are
    purposely protesting during the time when most people will be arriving for the services themselves.

Please show your support for this hero!

I personally think the whole WBC should be deported to Iraq.

sorry for my rants....but that really burns me up !!!

Misty
    Last edited by MistyCD; 06-09-2006 at 07:48 AM. Reason: adding more info

I heard about this extreme example.

Sorry girls - but only in America...

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]To hell with organized religion. That is the source of more hatred, self-righteousness, prejudice and judgemental so-called "christians". One may be a spiritual person without playing along with those Bible-thumping devil-dodgers who place their faith in the "word of God". Yeah right. The Bible was written by men-ignorant, primitive men-and their interpretation of what is right and wrong. Hold firm to your own faith and beliefs. You are just as right as "they" are. Hold your head up, Olivia.[/SIZE]

Calling them ignorant is giving them too much credit. People like them who refuse to even listen to multiple sides of an issue are flat out stupid.
    Hail Satin!

This Westboro Baptist Church thing celebrating the death of soldiers is absolutley revolting! I am a Christian and can not imagine any Christian I know openly taking part in anything like that! With all due respect, are we sure of the validity of this article, that this is accurate and not simply an internet myth?

Please don't judge an entire faith by a snippet of information like this. I need only look at the aftermath of Katrina, the countless church groups that were there. The church I worked with took requests from homeowners to do everything from clear debris in yards, to remove flood damaged walls and replace them, etc. All done, of course, at no charge There is so much outreach to people and good that goes on in the name of Christ--our church is involved in a mission to Tanzania-shipping and installing basic infrastructre material like water pipes to channel clean mountain water into a village, thus eliminating the need for people to take chances drinking from river water that contains fecal matter from animals. And don't forget the Christian's Children Fund out of Richmond, Virginia-$25.00 a month to help a child in need. This list could go on and on but I think the message is clear. Any Christians who advocate hate at this WBC group apparently does are vastly outnumbered by those quietly trying to improve the lot of their fellow man and woman.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit
    You aren't going to change their minds, they have an absolute belief in their own "rightness". It's all black and white. I'm a D&D player, we've had similar issues and trying to convince the evangelicals they were wrong on D&D simply did not work. You can try all you want, but it's an exercise in futility.
    The phrase, "like teaching a pig to sing," comes to mind. It wastes your time and annoys the pig...

Taffy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."

I have found this thread interesting and in the the religious discussion group we too have discussed this subject many times

Melanie R and any others if you want to see those threads could I suggest you join that group and view some of those threads.

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

This is very funny. Thanks for making me smile!

Quote Originally Posted by unclejoann

Testiculos habet et bene pendentes
    [tori-e] Victoria Escher
    Victoria Escher TG Website

I'd just like to add that I recently came out as TS to two significant people in my life. I was a bit concerned because they are very strong Catholics. To my surprise, they have been amazingly supportive and though they are strong Catholics they recognize that love and tolerance are an important part of their beliefs. Regardless of if the official party line is to try to fix the likes of us.
    [tori-e] Victoria Escher
    Victoria Escher TG Website

Quote Originally Posted by tori-e
    I'd just like to add that I recently came out as TS to two significant people in my life. I was a bit concerned because they are very strong Catholics. To my surprise, they have been amazingly supportive and though they are strong Catholics they recognize that love and tolerance are an important part of their beliefs. Regardless of if the official party line is to try to fix the likes of us.
    I've done this too... A couple I'm friends with, one is catholic, whilst the other traditional protestant, and they're both quite happy about it!!

Good friends

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

Is it just me, or does this thread contain a high level of intolerance to people of faith in general and Christians in particular? I always thought that as transgendered people, we were more sensitive to the destructive force that intolerance brings with it. Just as we all do not wish to be judged by the action of a few of some of the more, shall we say, flamyboyant members of our community, we should be the last people to jump to condemming people with beliefs different from our own. Would you like to be judged on the basis of the antics of Dennis Rodman? It is just as wrong for us to condemm people of faith on the antics of a relative few.

Holly
    Moderator, Religious Discussion Group
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Is it just me, or does this thread contain a high level of intolerance to people of faith in general and Christians in particular?
    It's mostly in response to the hatred shown to the TG community. Some of us have had bad experience dealing with evangelicals/conservatives. If they want to hate me, fine, but not being a Christian, I will not turn the other cheek and walk away.

I am not a member of the Religous forum here for a reason, most TG religous forums are full of conservatives agonizing over reconciling their faith with their CDing. I think that's futile, they should just quit whining, quit their churches and be done with it. Why support the offering plate of your own oppression? Anything else is a waste of precious time.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Is it just me, or does this thread contain a high level of intolerance to people of faith in general and Christians in particular?
    I think it a reaction to the lack of tolerance or even the attempt at understanding the TG community gets from the 'church' as an institution.

I always thought that as transgendered people, we were more sensitive to the destructive force that intolerance brings with it.
    Which is why we are able to spot it so well - even when disgused with supposedly good intentions.

Need an example: look up Exodus International. Also, have a look at the thread Found On Way To Other Things over in the TG/TS forum here.

Just as we all do not wish to be judged by the action of a few of some of the more, shall we say, flamyboyant members of our community, we should be the last people to jump to condemming people with beliefs different from our own.
    These are not the actions of a few, these are national and international organizations - out to save us from ourselves - all in the name of God.

Go ask the Vatican their views on this. Q.E.D.

It is just as wrong for us to condemm people of faith on the antics of a relative few.
    Not a relative few. Christianity as a religion and the church as an institution thereof does not teach tolerance and acceptance of the transgedered any more than they do so of gays. We are not accepted or tolerated - we are pitied. We are told that we are sinners, that we are violating God's law. We are talked down to, preached to - told how we need to be 'saved' lest we burn in hell. :

I am genuinely happy that you have resolved being TG and your relationship with God: it works for you and that's great. But please don't pretend that 'the church' is this all accepting entity expressing unquestioning tolerance because we both know it's not now the case nor has it even been. Just look the holy wars and the inquisition. Q.E.D.

God and I... We don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things.

Let's just say that we have agreed to disagree.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    this thread is closed as we are not going anywere with this now...