Thread: Busted...

Busted...

I went over to my mom's house to help her paint and she noticed I had painted fingernails (silver). Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

Oh well. I can't say I didn't try to educate her.
    Hail Satin!

Regina,
    I am sorry to hear about that. I hope your relationship with your mother isn't too strained to get back on track quickly.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK
    I went over to my mom's house to help her paint and she noticed I had painted fingernails (silver). Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.

I hope she comes round soon Regina.
    Adrianne.

Sorry to hear what happened with your mom, Regina. Keep on loving her, and I bet, in time, she will at least come to an understanding.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Sorry to hear that
    But mothers alway love there children no matter what
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

I'm sorry to here that....and like what has already been said hope that your relationship isn't strained, and she gets over it.

Hugs and kisses,
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Gay?

How does nail polish make you gay? must be that "secret ingredient" Huh? Tell her she must be gay then if she wears it. Ericka

Regina,

That's a sad story.... I'm sorry to hear it, but I believe that in short order, she'll understand and accept you as always!!

Assuming you did not actually want to be caught then it would have been so simple to remove the nail varnish before going to your mother's house.

I have always been careful to avoid any giveaways if I visit those who I would not be happy knowing of my CD side . Of course I don't go out en-femme and I dont use makeup such as nail varnish anyway.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Regina

Of course the first thing she assumed is I must be gay. I tried to explain it to her, but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.
    So much for the "gay acceptance" that people on this forum are always talking about.

I think that the "don't ask don't tell" rule is in full force, in most of the world.

People just don't like anyone that is different.

Platinum Member
    don't worry too much abought mom ... sometimes thay are kinda stuck in their ways just next time lose the polish before you go over there ....

[SIZE=3]It's always the little things that catch you out isn't it? How many times have I come close to be discovered because I didn't remember I'd applied lipstick three hours ago?

Don't worry about it - Mom was just taken aback and responded on cue. Given time, she'll consider it and realise it's not a major lifestyle change in you. Tell her it's trendy or something. Then again, is this the time to 'come out?'
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    but she just refused to listen and went on a tirade about how wearing it makes me gay.
    Sorry to hear that, Regina. Been there...I understand.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I'm shure it'l be OK eventually. A mom's love is unconditional. Best wishes Regina.

I remember an Australian comedian commenting on the British 'thing' that a male pierced left ear is the sign of being gay. He thought that having sex with another man was the sign of being gay...

I'm with Helen on this one. You had to know how your mother feels about things like men wearing nail polish. She you mom. So it should come as no surprise to you that she was shocked. While I applaud you courage and hope you are able to educate her, I don't thionk you should be too surprised by her reaction, as her son you should have known what to expect.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards
    How does nail polish make you gay? must be that "secret ingredient" Huh? Tell her she must be gay then if she wears it. Ericka
    It must be. I guess all those gay people I know who don't wear nail polish, must not be gay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen MC
    Assuming you did not actually want to be caught then it would have been so simple to remove the nail varnish before going to your mother's house.

I have always been careful to avoid any giveaways if I visit those who I would not be happy knowing of my CD side . Of course I don't go out en-femme and I dont use makeup such as nail varnish anyway.
    I've done it before and she never noticed. I didn't care about being caught, because I wasn't really trying to hide it. I would have taken it off if I knew it was going to be such a big deal. It was already looking pretty worn, so I just planned on taking it off after I got through painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Clare
    [SIZE=3]It's always the little things that catch you out isn't it? How many times have I come close to be discovered because I didn't remember I'd applied lipstick three hours ago?

Don't worry about it - Mom was just taken aback and responded on cue. Given time, she'll consider it and realise it's not a major lifestyle change in you. Tell her it's trendy or something. Then again, is this the time to 'come out?'
    [/SIZE]
    I was thinking about it, but I don't know now. She asked if I also wore women's clothes. I didn't dare fess up to that. That would have been like pouring gasoline in a fire that was already out of control.
    Hail Satin!

Ah-May-Lee
    Welcome to the club, we can always use another member.

Always remember to use plenty of KY lube.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Fingernail polish makes you gay? Hmmm, I guess about 2/3 of the guys at my son's high school are gay including my son! LOL
    [SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"]Brie Daniel[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    I'm with Helen on this one. You had to know how your mother feels about things like men wearing nail polish. She you mom. So it should come as no surprise to you that she was shocked. While I applaud you courage and hope you are able to educate her, I don't thionk you should be too surprised by her reaction, as her son you should have known what to expect.

Julia
    Not really. It's not like she's presented with men in fingernail polish on a regular basis so I didn't really know how she's react.
    Hail Satin!

send her to this site! We'll set her straight on that question.
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

i really don't think that is the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely
    So much for the "gay acceptance" that people on this forum are always talking about.

I think that the "don't ask don't tell" rule is in full force, in most of the world.

People just don't like anyone that is different.
    Brianna -
    If I may be so bold... I really didn't get the vibe that Regina was horrified about her mother thinking she was "gay" I think she was just trying to set the record... uh... straight (for lack of a better term) Why wear a label that dosen't fit?
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Almost gave it away!

Although my family know and are O.K. with it. My S.O's family do not know about Sarah. At a recent family get together, I had reason to take off my shirt, forgetting about my Navel Adornment (fortunately I was facing my S.O at the time) She followed me into the bedroom and

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking Been where you are

My wife thinks I'm nuts because I polish my toenails.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".