Thread: Public Displays of Affection While Crossdressed?

Public Displays of Affection While Crossdressed?

For those of you out there who go out in public with your SO enfemme (or for any GGs who go out with your SOs while they are enfemme), how do you handle public displays of affection? I've heard some women say that when they are out in public with their SOs they feel like they can't really interact with their spouse like they normally would and that they feel like they are with "a different person" than their SO when they are enfemme, particularly in public. I'm not talking necessarily about "making out" in public but rather smaller things like holding hands, hands on shoulders, or giving each other a quick peck on the lips. Women do seem to me to be a little more free to display more affection towards each other in general without necessarily being perceived as gay but I was just curious about how most couples act together if and when one partner is enfemme and if anybody has had any negative experiences as a result of sharing affection with each other in public. I would be interested in hearing what other people have experienced in regards to this subject.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    I've always been uncomfortable with the whole public display of affection thing, going back to deep in the closet days when I was uncomfortable with it as a drab male. To me, it has a scent of insecurity as a couple about it. I don't mean to be nasty, I'm just saying what this post brings to mind, and I trust you'll read it that way.

Doug
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    In MHO, public displays of emotion are in bad taste no matter WHO is involved, what their sexual orentation is and how they are dressed. This is just MY personal opinion and I am sure many others share it.

I am making no moral judgements here its just how I personally feel. I would not express my opinion to them as that is in bad taste too. Some may not agree with me, but thats MY feeling and they are entitled to their own. I feel that we all can hold our own personal opinions so long as we do not act on our feelings and injure others. I Can control MYSELF, so I do not engage in public emotionalisim.----for what its worth.

Ah-May-Lee
    When I go out with my boyfriend, I always show signs of affection, I love him and I don't care if other people don't like to see this, my love for him is stronger than their hatred.

I always hold hands with him, sometimes I kiss him, nibble his ear, poke my finger in his eye, well maybe I don't poke my finger. I always play little touchy type games with him, grabbing him and pinching him, I love doing this to my man.

I have always been like this, I love for people to see me act this way. I really love it when my acting this way bothers someone. When I see that it bothers someone then I really turn it up a notch,,,,,,,Bam!

I have even had sex while in public a few times, I even did a quickie in the back car of the number 4 train in the Bronx late one night when it was empty.

I live to enjoy life, and I don't care if some people dislike my behavior, it's my life and I love living it this way.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I can fist off say that I am a hugy/kissy/very affectionate type of woman to not just my husband, also to my daughter, but my parents, my close friends. I hug and such because it is part of my personality. Most of my freinds, even those who are a bit non-emotional eventually come to accept this as part of the "whole" package. To me I am not trying to show anything other than my love for the person whom I am giving the affection to. Whetheer it be in public or at home or where ever. I like to show affection. Call me needy if you must.

But when my hubby is dressed I use common sense when it comes to PDA {public display of affection}. I only kiss or lean on him/her when we are in a tg friendly environment. My husband has an easy going soft peronaity regardless of what he wears. He is always the same person. So me NOT showing affection has more to do with not wanting to cause a scene or attract attention.

I will say it is difficult when we have been in a amll and he is dressed and s/he says something sweet to me ...my insticnt says to plant a kiss on his/her cheek, but common sense tells me two girls in that way in a mall will for sure gets extra eyes our way. And really it is easier to just do what we came for without having to attract unwanted or unneeded attention.

Now when we have been in the 'cool' parts of town I really dont' give a damn. I will hold his/her hand I will lean in or we will walk close together. I have been known to give my sweety some long kissses on the dance floor as well! The worst that has happened is someone yelled out 'dykes' on the street....what ever. No skin off my back!

Do you love her? Don't be afraid to show it then. GG's love it.

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Public displays of affection are part of who we are, as long as they are about affection and *not* an attempt to bring notice to ourselves.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

I kissed a GG in the daylight in a parking lot right by a busy street. I was taking her back to her car at the Stage Door the next morning. She really started the kiss. I hoped that anyone that saw us thought we were lesbians.

I must say that I'm rather surprised at the general dislike that most people here seem to have for "PDAs." This is not to say that I think that anybody is in the wrong here (hey, we are all entitled to our opinions!). I just thought more people/couples were into it. Frankly, I'm not always extraordinarily affectionate myself (at least not spontaneously) but I do recognize that some women really like and appreciate them.

When Tam and I go out, even if it's just for a walk, we hold hands whether he's in drab mode or enfemme. Doesn't matter what he/she is wearing, doesn't matter who's looking We've had some funny looks and some wolf whilstles too lol, but we've never encountered any problems.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Byllie
    Public displays of affection are part of who we are, as long as they are about affection and *not* an attempt to bring notice to ourselves.
    Right on! PDA's used only to bring notice cheapen a beautiful 'product'.
    "I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke"

PDA
    Merry

HRT since 2009

GypsyKaren
    Kat and I hold hands and do kiss in public because we're still crazy in love with each other, but I don't pull out a gun and force people to watch.

Karen

Wheres it's safe to...a club.....the car ect....I kiss and hold hands with Sher..but I try not to in public places like the mall ect....i'm very affectionate but try to use common sense about it.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Banned Read only

Not confortable

I might be old fashioned but I am uncomfortable with PDA with anyone. Holding hands, fast male to female kisses, OK but that is just about it. Not sure why just think it should be left in private, I am not religious so that is not the reason.

Put me in the "old-fashioned" column. Holding hands, walking arm in arm are ok. Most everything else does not belong in public.

Joyce

When me and Nigella are put we hold hands amd we are not afraid to give each other a kiss in public, and I mean public not TG venues, so far we have had no reactions to this.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

In drab mode I am very affectionate and don't have a problem with hugging and kissing in public. When en femme, since my wife is straight, we are just two close friends. We talk close and maybe touch hands, but not any more than two women friends that are out shopping. I am still attracted to her, but for her the transformation is complete and we usually sleep in separate beds while traveling en femme.

Well PDA as you put it sounds like a disease all by itself when put like that, but Trisha and i are extremely affectionate when appropriate, like when we go to the mall etc... we are not as she wants to pass as a real female so we act more like best friends, but anywhere else who to hell cares, we love each other and its natural to show love....why hide it, what if the person you love dies tomorow...would they know how much you loved them,how much you enjoyed being with them etc.......sure you can do it with PDA as you put it but PDA makes it much nicer,natural,and comfy. Not for all i understand.
    Some people are just prudish and uptight.

Lostmyhubby gg