Thread: Dressing in a store-Question

Question Dressing in a store-Question

Based on reading threads here, I tried trying on garments in Kohls. I was in drab. I found the ones i liked, grabbed a few mens clothes on top and went into the changing area. I had grabbed some shes so it was a bit exillhirating to wear shoes with heels. Then some one was next to me which was even a bit more dicey.

So, a few questions, any specific thoughts aboutshopping in drab- do not want to expose my self.

Secondly, what do you use when you do not have your forms with you for a chest to test the clothes?

Any ideas would be welcome.

So was it a good experience? I hope so. I never had any problems shopping in drab. The worst I heard, a guy letting me know I had chosen all girl garments. "I know" I said, and that was it. As for your breast forms, I wouldn't buy stuff if you don't have them with you. Just put them in any bag.

I really like shopping enfemme more than drab. Reason being is no one in a million years will reconize me from my guy life when I am dressed. LOL a few girls here have seen my guy pic and probably would back that up.

That being said when I go shopping in drab which I still do I have just gotten a 'sixth' sense for what will fit. I learned by buying stuff for cheap at thrift stores and then returning things that don't fit back into the charity pile. Once you know your size at Macy's for example then you can go back and grab stuff real easy. I don't go into dressing rooms as a guy and really don't enjoy it enfemme either. Have done that only twice.

Also I carry one of those ribbon rulers (measure thing u know what I am trying to say!) I know a couple of key measurements that if that garment is near then it will fit.

i haven't dared going shopping enfemme but i the only thing said to me when buying a girl's article was a boy saying "mommy he's getting a girls tank top"

Heather, in my experience most stores don't care if you are buying for yourself....they just want to sell the goods! That said, if you buy the wrong size, you can always make an exchange. I don't have any problems shopping in drab.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Heather:

If you have a nice top that looks good with forms, measure the distance across the breast of the top, then cut a piece of string that is that length and carry it with you when your shopping in drab. I do this and it works just fine. It's much more fun to shop en-femme though.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

i went out shopping for the first time as a girl no probs a few people see me as a guy in a skirt i used to worry about that but no moor i am what i am and not going to care what people think i tryed on clothes on as well in wallmart was sent over to the girls changing rooms so i say if you want to do it do it this is the 21st centry and its getting better all the time if moor of us went out the moor people would no we do exist and we would sooner or latter be excepted and when we are seen people would not bat an eyelid its us ourselves that make such a big thing out of it thats what i think anyway so im going to go out moor power to the crossdresser

Kohl's is my favorite!! About exposeing yourself as a crossdresser in the store....does this matter? I mean the store only cares about the sale! And who cares what the clerks think. I usually strike up a convesration at the checkout. And most tell me I have good taste or that my wife is going to love what I picked out! Let them think what they want. They will take your money for sure! And if embarased ask for a gift reciept. Some clerks will just know that its for you and they may frown or give you that "Ohh, another crossdresser" look. I just smile back!! Hehehe.

As far as sizes if it fits your body well and you don't have OMG EE's or something, it should fit when you use your breast forms!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

new attitude

Since I have started coming here and reading all the wonderful advice I have learned one common thread..... I really dont care what they think.

I am there for my satisfaction, not their's. If they are genuinely interested and nice then I am the same. Respect given is respect returned. The ones who are about to put there foot in there mouth will figure it out sooner or later. I have not had very many incidences where I was rudely treated. The one time I did the table turned because of another employee who came to my defence. Rude employee asked "Are these skirts for you?" with a rude and obnoxious tone. Nice employee gave him a mean look and said "Thats really none of your business" and off he went.

She smiled at me and said that I was welcome to come back anytime and she would be glad to help me in any way. I go in at least once a month if not to just say hello. She is now a sort of fashion consultant for me.
    Why is it everyone expects us to explain to them who we are? Isn't it enough of a privilege for them to have us in the world?

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar
    I always go shopping fully dressed , it's the only way to go !! And as for breast forms , Use your socks ! Just joking ! LOL Once dressed , act like you belong there and you shouldn't have to much trouble .
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

As others have said, the store wants to sell to you.

My expereice says, so long as you are polite you should not have any problems either in drab or enfemm. This goes for clothes and makeup.

Richelle

Banned Read only
    Karen Edmonton
    HAve you gone into that mall in Edmonton en femme yet? I did a few years back, during a break whle I was still in the USAF and on a 2 month deployment to Cold Lake CAFB.......I rented a vehicle and made the trip on my own to Edmonton one weekend when we had a 3 day weekend off. I had taken clothes with me (pretty darn risky taking fem things on a military aircraft and on to a military base, but luckily I got to stay off base the entire time in a motel in Cold LAke, (no, noway would I even venture out en femme in that one horse town ;-) But I did have a great time in that Mall.......

Haven't gone shopping en femme, but finally got up the courage to go last week. Went to Target, it was a ball. I have actually gone back twice since then (two different stores), and each time bought something ranging from panties to lingerie to blouses and skirts. Never had a problem. People look, I smile and they smile back. And like Karren, I too strike up a conversation with the salespeople. It actually has been a pleasant time -- just wish i had more money and place to put everything ;-}

Oh yea, almost forgot, have also been to Sephora and Macy's and bought cosmetics at both....again, no problem!
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

I'm too much of a chicken to shop enfemme. It's bad enough doing it in drab!!!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Banned Read only

It's Just The Most Fun Your Can Have, really...

My very best times dressing centred around the day-trip to a mall. As with alot of ladies, fear of getting "read" as your manself is a central worry, it was for me for the longest time, but honestly, how many of us look even remotely like our manself when we put in a little effort with the makeup and clothes?

HERE'S THE TRUTH LADIES.....YOU WILL 99% OF THE TIME GET READ AS A MAN IN A DRESS, SO YOU CAN WORRY ABOUT THAT OR HOP IN THE CAR FOR SOME REAL FUN!

Most cosmetics sales people in Sears or whatever make commission. They want to help you, no matter how you look because it affects their bottom line. Trust me, don't try so hard to "pass", just say something like, "I'm new at this, and a little nervous, but your lips/lashes/shadows.. are so lovely done, could I get a few pointers?' They want to sell you something and most I have met will really go out of their way to make you comfortable. They want to creat a relationship where you come back again and again. I have had some spectacular makeovers....for free or for the price of a good mascara at least!

The same will happen in ladies' dress stores. Commision makes these ladies eager to help you. My last time out they kept bringing me dress after dress, I had to pee and I was really tired after about twenty dresses!

In short, get a good look together and get in the car. That world is really wanting to meet you. Be careful and have fun! I always did!