Thread: What to shave with?

Question What to shave with?

For the past 13 years, I have been using a rechargable shaver.
    Unfortunately it does not hold the charge any more.

Recently bought some Magic shaving powder off Ebay, but came up too red and sore.
    So I need something else instead.

What do you use to get a really close shave?

Oh, dont tell me about laser treatments etc has I can't afford that luxury.

Not interested in any method that involves pain either.

My face is sensitive, my legs not quite so. Everywhere else is still hairy!

I use an electric, but a man's model, not a "lady" one, that has a sideburn trimmer to start on the really long ones before I finish them off with the main part. I can do it totally dry and in good light, and go over places that I miss.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Personally, the temporary pain of waxing is much better then the itch and prickle that comes 2 days after shaving.

Also I'm lazy and only what to have to remove hair every couple of weeks rather then every other day.

i put shampoo over my face and shave with that its the best thing i have found or i get sore

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo ..... Woo Hoo !

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    It's certainly the case of the more blades the closer the shave, I use a mach 3 as well, but there is not a four blade razor as well, ie the quatro, but as is always the case the more blades the more likely to cut yourself.

Hence always make sure your beard/stubble is moist, ie shower, and then shave, and use a good Shaving foam, or suitable product, when shaving. I find it best if I shave twice, once down, once up, but this might not work for everyone.

You can use an electric razor after a wet shave, once dry, to get an stragglers!

good luck!
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

Exclamation mach3 and baby oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England
    What do you use to get a really close shave?
    i prefer the mach3 razor and i use baby oil instead of shaving creams!!!!
    most shaving creams have enzymes that actually promote hair growth!!!
    i likes the baby oil with aloe and vitamine E in a spray bottle....
    just be careful! it can make the bath tub really slippery,,,
    did i mention baths are better than showers??
    <giggles>
    i cant wait till i save up dor laser hair removal!!!
    C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    I used to use a Gillette Mach 3, but just upgraded to their Fusion, and I can feel a difference. (Since it's pricier, I'm just going to use the Fusion for my face and use the Mach 3 for body shaving.

But honestly a lot of has more to do with the prep. Hair conditioner is actually ideal for shaving, since it's got moisturizers that soften up beard/body hair. (That's the secret ingredient in "adult" shave creams.) Also be sure to it (or shaving gel) on for about 3 minutes, to let it soften up the hair first.

To minimize irritation, try to move the blade over the skin as few times as possible. Post-shaving, a redness relief treatment will help, and a BHA solution, which exfoliates, will help prevent ingrown hairs. Be sure not to use any after shave that contain alcohol, since it's very bad for your skin. Personally, I like Aveda's after-shave balm. It looks like it's pricy, but a bottle will last for months.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend Aveda's shaving cream, since it's got mint and other fragrences, which can irritant the skin. The general rule is that's it's far better to have a skin-care product that's fragrence-free.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I have used every razor imaginable. mach 3, mach 3 power, fusion, quattro, sensor, venus, venus divine, venus vibrance, intuition, and all kinds of disposable s including the noxzema ones and all of the gillette ones.....what I have settled on is the mach 3 regular (not the powered one or the turbo) for my face, and the venus regular (not vibrance or divine) for body. with the momre blades of the fusion or quattro, it is a more comfortable shave, but the blades are spaced so close together that I don't find there is enough clearance to allow hairs in. plus I don't find it shaves as close as the mach 3. Just my experiences
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Kelly Kelly Bo Belly Banarama Moe Mel Lee Fee Fie Foe Fell E KELLY![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]~:>[/SIZE]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...le-avatar1.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]FABJSFADHH [SIZE="1"](Female At Birth Just Suffering From A Distended Hoo Haa)[/SIZE] Kelly[/SIZE]

I use the Venus Divine. It seems to work the best on my hair, both face and body. I can also use it more than once for everything .

Smile

I use a disposable razor and the shaving foam that I use to shave my face. Am going to get a Philips Bodygroom from Boots in town on Tuesday.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    Just grab a clam shell and some soap that is what old buffalo woman uses
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

Getting wet looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Marlena's right about using hair conditioner.

I use it on my body in the shower and it really does work!

For my face, I use Venus Devine Vibrance and venus shave gel. The female shave foams have more lubricants in them, and the venus blades are set at a different angel for get closer without irritating the skin (remember that it's more desirable for a woman to have closely shaved legs, and for guys to have a tiny bit of stubble on the face).

i shave every morning using a venus vibrance (on a Mach 2 power handle), incidently i used to use venus devine on a mach 3 handle, and i don't get irritated!

Do try the hair conditioner, it sounds weird, but it really does work!

Rebecca