Thread: Telling friends and family

Telling friends and family

Hi All.

As you may know I have recently 'come out' to my family and friends and so far everyone has been brilliant. Just so you know, I'm not TS but just love dressing fem but have no desire to BE a woman 24/7.

Anyway after years of denial I finally decided enough was enough and I didn't want to think 'what if' so I decided to fess up.

Without exception, so far, everyone has been brilliant and accepted this side of me with no problem. I know I do not have a wife or SO to fess up to but so far have told my best friend, his wife, my mum, sister, brother-in-law, brother, niece, brothers ex-partner and another friend. Have even introduced Gemma to my sister in person.

So if you are worried about telling someone please think about how they would take it before you tell them as I think that you will know a persons reaction better than anyone but if you can then please let them so as to stop all the guilt and secrecy eating you up inside.

Maybe I have been lucky so far but if you can share this with your nearest and dearest you will feel so much better for it.

Gemma xx
    Last edited by Gemma Rhodes; 06-19-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Telling Friends and Family

Gemma,
    I guess it boils down to what is best for you. I would never expose that side of my life to friends and especially family although my daughter does know and is fine with it. Its a matter of what comfort zone fits you. I'm glad it has worked out in your favor. You're probably very personable, outgoing and fun to be with. I'm sure one's personality plays a very crucial role for others acceptance. Sally2

wish i could

your strong for telling your family i told my girlfriend and she accepted me so good luck with telling them

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I wrote an article about coming out to my mother
    http://www.vickyvogue.com/crossdresspage3.html
    was not easy for sure!
    Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

Hi Gemma,
    I know its got to be a great feeling to have come out to those you care about !

Im just happy to be "out" with my wife.

If I ever feel the need to share my Cindy side with my family. I hope I will be as brave as you have been ! Congrats and enjoy *S*

Cindy

Gold Member
    A true inspiration.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Congrats, Gemma!
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Hi Carrol

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll
    I wrote an article about coming out to my mother
    http://www.vickyvogue.com/crossdresspage3.html
    was not easy for sure!
    Carroll
    Read the article. Pretty much like how I told my Mother. I don't agree with your stereotyping of Female likes cleaning/Males hate cleaning. In Female or Male mode I hate cleaning but I am fastidious when it comes to cleaning because I hate sitting around a dirty house...

Sarah R
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Have just read the article, Mum and Dad know I wear panties and sleep in nighties, but I couldn't tell them that I am a crossdresser, they've got enough problems without me adding to them.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Kudo's

Orignially Posted by Anna H
    Have just read the article, Mum and Dad know I wear panties and sleep in nighties, but I couldn't tell them that I am a crossdresser, they've got enough problems without me adding to them.
    I can't exactly say much, considering I havn't confessed my dressing to my friends or family but I just have one question... what do your parents say about the panties and nighties? I think, if my parents knew I did that... saying I crossdress would not be that much harder.
    In saying that, my family know of my dressing in the past and, well, my mom wasn't to keane on it. My dad said he would love me no matter what but it is still hard to tell my dad. I was basically caught in the act and instead of telling them(i was a teen at the time) I said it was a phase and that I would quit. I guess I was lying to myself as well, I'm sure others have been through this... no!?!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineR
    I can't exactly say much, considering I havn't confessed my dressing to my friends or family but I just have one question... what do your parents say about the panties and nighties? I think, if my parents knew I did that... saying I crossdress would not be that much harder.
    In saying that, my family know of my dressing in the past and, well, my mom wasn't to keane on it. My dad said he would love me no matter what but it is still hard to tell my dad. I was basically caught in the act and instead of telling them(i was a teen at the time) I said it was a phase and that I would quit. I guess I was lying to myself as well, I'm sure others have been through this... no!?!
    Jasmine, how it happened was that my washing machine broke down just before New Year just gone, there was a full load in it, some of which was panties and a couple of nighties, they came over, Dad and Mum got the washing machine door open, Mum asked me if I was kinky, I said no as I really didn't know what to say, was more scared than anything, Dad said nothing. I did send them an email afterwards explaining and since then nothing has been said. I do keep a couple of pairs of pyjamas for going away. These days Dad teases me about it, which really doesn't bother me. As for telling them that I crossdress, not yet if ever.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]