Thread: What does enfemme really mean?

Question What does enfemme really mean?

Obviously if one dresses with a wig, make-up, blouse, skirt etc, this would be enfemme.

But what about when you wear some of the clothes?

By this I mean a bra, panties, pantyhose, ladies jeans. Is this male mode or not?

I am not bothered about labels etc, just interested in everyone's opinion.

I always thought enfemme was the "whole nine yards," wig, makeup, bra, panties, blouse, etc. Of course, I would not consider jeans, panties, bra, whatever alone to be in man mode though. That is a good question, I as well do not care about labels.

It is what you think the term means. To me it means acting or feeling femine not in how I am dressed.
    " I am what I am " - Popeye

to me it means..........

I'd say outward appearance : feminine. What you wear underneath is irrelevant, and either you must look girly, or use appropriate wig and/or makeup.

Dalesman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

Not only dressed and made up and bewigged if necessary competely as a natural born woman would be but looking as close to one as is possible. So Ru Paul or Dana International = en-femme, Les Dawson or Barry Humphries "Dame Edna Everage" = man in drag.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

To me, it means that you are making an effort to look as much like a woman as possible. I feel like just wearing an item or two of femme clothing does not make you enfemme. The only time I feel enfemme is when I can wear it all. Thats probably why I still feel incomplete without a wig. But that is soon to be remedied, as I ordered one yesterday.

But that is just my opinion. I know that plenty of other girls feel differently.

Michelle-H

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    To me, as relates to the CD I love dearly, it's none of the above. Trudi can be stark ravin NEKKID and still be enfemme...it's a state of mind.

It took me a while to catch on to something my husband does when "she's" around...no matter the outward appearance. You'll think this odd, but it's true. He has a gold chain that he wears 24/7, and has since the day we met. It occurred to me one day that chain disappears when Trudi's around, whether in full attire, or just quietly there in the shadows. I kinda like it.
    It's a very subtle way of knowing just which gender is presenting.

I'll disagree with Vanya on this one--which doesn't matter a darn bit seeing as my last name isn't "Webster". I distinguish en femme (seeking to present a fully feminine appearance, to the best of our limited abilities) from partly dressing (wearing one or more items of women's clothing in a manner that is not intended to reflect a complete transformation to feminine appearance).

I will add that "passability" is in no way a criterion to being en femme. Moreover, this might mean different levels of dressing to different people. A CD with a beard who fully dresses, puts on makeup and a wig, is (IMO) en femme. A very petite, feminine looking GM who just needs to throw on a dress could also be en femme. In my case, it means makeup, wig and a completely female outfit of some sort.

BTW, this distinction works for me because I am a CD - my femme side, such as it is, really only gets activated as a function of my dressing fully. For a more fem oriented person, this distinction might not be meaningful.

Mes deux centimes....
    Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

En Femme

I've come to conclude with my years of experience(!?) that it means different things to different people. To me it means you've convinced yourself you are a woman for all intents and purposes whatever they may happen to be. Ericka

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    My personal opinion is if I'm trying to look like a female, I'm enfemme. Otherwise, no matter what else I'm wearing (girly jeans, shirt, shoes, etc), I'm not enfemme. It breaks down when I'm not wearing much due to the fact that I look like a guy when I'm not in my wig and makeup. If I blurred the lines more, my definition might start to break down.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

You should ask a French teacher.We Americans misuse words so you really can't rely on us for a true deffintion.
    To me it is all dolled up in total drag to be enfemme. The other is simply a crossdressing fetish that I enjoy greatly.

For me

For me enfemme is more of a state of mind sometimes. I feel ffeminine when I wear panties under my jeans but do agree with most here that the femme persona usually takes over when dressed fully (wig, makeup, bra etc.)
    XXX Miranda

Enfemme to me is the total package!! Anything less is femme or femmeish and usually sufficient to tide me over until the next time I'm enfemme!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar
    To me enfemme is the whole package , wig , makeup , cloths . But it's also the attitude you carry yourself with ! Acting femmine , not being just a guy in drag , acting like a woman !
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

As A Woman

That's the literal translation in english of "en femme" as per http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I think the general use of the phrase fits that translation very well. If I spend an en femme vacation, I'm dressed like a woman 24/7. I likewise agree that it does not address whether the person is passable or not, just the intent to completely look like a woman in clothes, movement and behavior.

What is ENFEMME

I have to agree with Karren and Karen.
    Enfemme is the total package ---- Including Perfume !!

Francesp56

In my opinion," en femme" is how you may feel at the time.
    Since I am completely shaved at all times, ears pierced, eyebrows plucked, shoulder length hair, long fingernails and have stored all male clothes away.
    I feel even if I am in nothing but my bra, brestforms and panties I am en femme. Even in the shower I feel "en femme". Its just a state of mind with me.
    Last edited by Candi; 06-22-2006 at 03:53 AM.
    Sweet Lil Candi