Thread: The crunch....

The crunch....

Hi All,

A little 'what if...?' scenario about which I would appreciate your views.

You are on your own i.e., no SO
    You are not 'out' generally speaking
    You are just at the beginning of a relationship with someone at work and it is probable that it will continue into something significant for you

The question.....do you tell the new love of your life about your crossdressing? When do you tell her? What if she is repulsed and tells the rest of your work colleagues? How do you protect yourself?

The reason for my question.....it was asked of me a little while back - what would I do?

I said that my crossdressing is more important to me than a relationship but is that right? Now I'm not so sure.

Be interested in your views about how you would handle the situation.

Em

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Emma,

CD or not, it's been my experience, both as Employer and Employee, that romantic relationships between co-workers are trouble lookin for a place to happen.

This goes double, in my opinion, for a Crossdresser. You risk the relationship AND your employment if the confidante is a vengeful type person.

I work for the government and had to sign a "morality clause" upon being hired and sword in. There is NO way I'd confide in anyone I work with about my husband being a Crossdresser.

It is my strong opinion that legislation of morality is WRONG, but I don't get to make the rules....YET!

Trouble

I believe it was Will Rogers who said you will catch nothing but trouble fishing in the office pool. A wise man he!!
    Kathryn0.02

Oh my

I wouldn't. I don't put myself in situations to be stygmatized. Then only people I think have any buisness knowing about my crossdresing are others I crossdress with.
    It has been my experiance that the people who harp the most about hounesty in the personal relationships are people who are hidding the most.
    What I am honest about is we have a right to privacy. And I keep good secrets asspecially my own.0.02

Emma I would't take the chance my job meens to much to me and to risk some frendships I don'tthink i'd take the chance.
    Angie G

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    I agree with the rest of the girls. Work and romance do not mix, ever. Way too many bad things can happen when one dates a co worker. Please do not do this.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Hi All,

I feel I must just clarify here - I am NOT in this situation and nor do I expect or want to be. I was just intrigued by the scenario.

Em

Ordinarily I don't have a problem with people dating co-workers, so long as consensual and not supervisor-subordinate. However, in the hypothetical situation you outline I would not under any circumstances get romantically involved with a woman at work. At this point in my life I fully believe in telling an S.O. before things get too serious. At the same time I would not be willing to run the risk of my crossdressing becoming common knowledge in my professional environment. Conclusion: no dating co-workers.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f